• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Final Fantasy X-2 HD Screenshots

Bladenic

I wish they would include a Hard Mode or something. I know that would never happen since it would take a lot of work and rebalancing, but X-2 is so painfully easy. I remember one time I was bored so I played Chapter 2 and 3 without doing anything but story missions and not getting any other dresspheres besides what you would get in the story, and I still steam rolled all the bosses. It sucks because the battle system is amazing but never really utilized to max potential outside of the bonus dungeon.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Considering how poorly Mistwalker's games sold I very much doubt it.

Because unreliable contract work is a metric of talent. Do you all not know who Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu are? Square's games of late have sucked so bad.

Square contracting them would be different. More freedom, for financial support, probably lots of former coworkers so team cohesion is better. Mistwalker don't make games alone...they tech lead much larger development teams.

Pretty excited to play these remasters, haven't touched these games since they were released, loved them back then and I'm wondering how I will react to the story and characters after all these years, I never liked Tidus to begin with.
Played XII international on my PC recently and the writing and voice acting holds up well.
X and X-2 are likely to make me cringe a few times but I'm sure I'll have a great time revisiting spira.

Mario007

Because unreliable contract work is a metric of talent. Do you all not know who Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu are? Square's games of late have sucked so bad.

Square contracting them would be different. More freedom, for financial support, probably lots of former coworkers so team cohesion is better. Mistwalker don't make games alone...they tech lead much larger development teams.
Ehm both MS and Nintendo game them plenty of support and money. MS literally threw money at them to get a FF-killer franchise on the Xbox so that Xbox could be big in Japan. Sakaguchi hasn't made a hit since FF9, in fact the last thing he did in Squaresoft lost the company shitload of money.

Uematsu is actually a freelancer, his music can be heard in SE newest game,for example, FFXIV.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There seems to be some sort of blur filter used in these screenshots - do we know if that's gonna be something they'll be using in the game as well?

Midou

Ehm both MS and Nintendo game them plenty of support and money. MS literally threw money at them to get a FF-killer franchise on the Xbox so that Xbox could be big in Japan. Sakaguchi hasn't made a hit since FF9, in fact the last thing he did in Squaresoft lost the company shitload of money.

Uematsu is actually a freelancer, his music can be heard in SE newest game,for example, FFXIV.

They both may have an amazing history but Uematsu's FFXIV 1.0 OST was pretty 'eh' overall, even if he finally got to work on FF again, he seemed to lose some of his magic. I know he only partially worked on XI's soundtrack, but he did a lot better with that.

Sakaguchi doesn't seem to know what to do with RPGs anymore.

Top Bottom