• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage of The Conduit (Wii)

agrajag

Banned
abstract alien said:
Both of those words are recognizable to most people. They may not not what half-life is, but they are familiar with the words themselves.

Not saying it has to be familiar, but most of the time those are the games that sell the most. Off the top of my head at least it seems that way...

I thought it was a weird name at first (I'm one of those philistines who has never seen the word before), but I've grown accustomed to it. I kind of like it now.

agrajag

Banned
rs7k said:
I'm gonna get out of here before I get accused of "trolling".

There's probably better FPS games coming out on the Wii. Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, heck the next Red Steel will be better than this bargain bin-looking piece of dung.

The aiming looked like absolute garbage in the new Call of Duty gameplay trailer. Sluggish as hell. It seems like they haven't taken any strides since their last CoD game on Wii and haven't taken notes from their competition (Heroes). The aiming in The Conduit footage looks on par with Metroid Prime. In other words, you fail.

agrajag

Banned
TheHeretic said:
I'm that certain this game will absolutely tank i'd take a ban bet on it.

Why are your posts so full of vitriol, dude? Does it personally hurt you that people are looking forward this game? What's your angle, help me understand.

thefro

Looking great... seems like they're trying to take as many good ideas from other games as they can alongside their original stuff.

Seems to work, for some reason.

agrajag

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Is it just me, or is the EMBM gone from the giant bug creature? It just looks like they're using simple textures on his body. You can see the same thing in the new screens today.

The enemies do look very aggressive though. The flying bug flew off, and they even duck from your shots.

They're probably still messing around with the engine, maybe they didn't like the "covered in semen" look.

Fake edit: Just watched the walkthrough, looks like the EMBM is still there. It's all shiny and glossy.

agrajag

Banned
Haunted One said:
Very nice.

Surprisingly good animation and texturing on that massive crab generic alien bug boss.

I thought Matt C. did an excellent job of attacking his weak spot for massive damage, wouldn't you say?

Haunted

agrajag said:
I thought Matt C. did an excellent job of attacking his weak spot for massive damage, wouldn't you say?
I've heard the Conduit is based on historic battles that actually took place in ancient Japan.

Threi

notag
i saw a giant enemy alien spider thing just disappear into thin air after a guy shoots and shoots at it with a futuristic weapon and grenades hiding behind a tank in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Sale -1

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Haunted One said:
Very nice.

Surprisingly good animation and texturing on that massive crab generic alien bug boss.
Too bad you can't turn it upside down to reveal his weakpoint.

Scrubking

Threi said:
i saw a giant enemy alien spider thing just disappear into thin air after a guy shoots and shoots at it with a futuristic weapon and grenades hiding behind a tank in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Sale -1

I agree. How dare they not have everything finished and complete 6 months before release!!

Nicktals

Banned
Threi said:

Sale -1

Think you'll remember this post in 2009, when the game comes out?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Haunted One said:
I've heard the Conduit is based on historic battles that actually took place in ancient Japan.

Let's hope for all our sakes that The Conduit has enough power to feature real-time weapons change.

ivysaur12

Banned
The animations look very nice... that was one thing from the trailer that really impressed me.

Effects look good, enemies look nice, but the environment still needs some work. Thankfully, they have some time (a lot of time) for that.

WiiSpeak and MotionPlus support plz.

Neomoto

That looked pretty good! The environments need work though but for the time being I'm impressed. With Mad World, this and Call of Duty: World at War dare I say that we are finally seeing some effort in 3rd party games

Haunted One said:
It's amazing how much they can sqeeze out of the Wii. It even has real time weapon change!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I agree that the environment still looks kinda bland, but it did have a lot of crap all over the ground, which is I think what the developer was trying to say: the environments are "detailed," i.e., have lots of stuff all over the place. Better than a barren street with a few crates here and there, that's for sure.

Even though the enemies are generic bug aliens, they still look nice and, as others have said, the animations are solid. I think the player's gun could use some sharper textures, though.

Neomoto said:
That looked pretty good! The environments need work though but for the time being I'm impressed. With Mad World, this and Call of Duty: World at War dare I say that we are finally seeing some effort in 3rd party games

It's amazing how much they can sqeeze out of the Wii. It even has real time weapon change!
bullshit only the ps3 can do that.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Cow Mengde said:
Is it just me, or is the EMBM gone from the giant bug creature? It just looks like they're using simple textures on his body. You can see the same thing in the new screens today.
no, it's still there. AAMOF, i even spotted it on select spots across the enviromnent - some glass shop windows i suppose, which is something i never noticed in the shots before.

The enemies do look very aggressive though. The flying bug flew off, and they even duck from your shots.
actually, just from looking at the short footage i felt the need to play it in multi.

That looked really good, seems they have nailed the controls. I can only repeat myself: Gameplay looks like a cool throwback to the FPS of old, more skill and aim based than today's casual stuff. I especially like that the weapons shown are indirect (a bit like the Plasma in Q3 - one of my favourite weapons). Very interested.

ivysaur12 said:
The animations look very nice... that was one thing from the trailer that really impressed me.

Effects look good, enemies look nice, but the environment still needs some work. Thankfully, they have some time (a lot of time) for that.

WiiSpeak and MotionPlus support plz.
I agree on the animations part but why would this need MotionPlus support? It's all about the pointer here.

Azuran

Banned
Looking good. I might actually buy this when they release it. If they manage to improve on MP3 controls, this will be first day purchase without a doubt.

Arde5643

Azuran said:
Looking good. I might actually buy this when they release it. If they manage to improve on MP3 controls, this will be first day purchase without a doubt.
It seems they improve on MOHH2's control, which was a big improvement of MP3's control.

So it seems each iteration of shooters in Wii will continually improve the controls of previous games. :D

Arde5643 said:
WiiSpeak would be great in here though.
If there is a "mute" option I'm all for choice, although I personally don't care about it.

Arde5643 said:
It seems they improve on MOHH2's control, which was a big improvement of MP3's control.

So it seems each iteration of shooters in Wii will continually improve the controls of previous games. :D
If they can combine MP3's smoothness with MoH responsiveness and speed it would be pretty much perfect.

Haunted

IGN's LiveWire supposedly has some more footage starting in about 20 minutes. Judging from their other broadcasts throughout the day, one guy will be there showcasing - basically a live dev walkthrough.

They just did the same for RRR 3, and it looked good.

just tray

Banned
So you hate it when Devs give us shovelware and still hate it when a Dev actually puts effort into making a Wii game.

You people are hard to please

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
IGN's got some new videos up, just so you know.

It's basically what we've already seen, but whatever. There's one that shows all the custom control options and stuff, that's pretty neat.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Let’s talk graphics, shall we? There is no competition when it comes to visual presentation in The Conduit. Right now, I would say that Galaxy is the benchmark for great Wii graphics. The Conduit is a very different type of game, and the style means that the visuals are much different. Having said that, this title has to be the best looking game I’ve seen on the platform…period. The screenshots look great, the trailers are fantastic, but actually seeing it with your own two eyes makes things even better. I was no longer looking at things through rose-tinted glasses. I was looking at the game, right in-front of me…a first person account. The Conduit really makes you realize just how absolutely lazy developers are with their Wii games. I was annoyed with third parties before, but The Conduit looks so good that it’ll make you sick over third party support thus far.

One element that bleeds into the game from graphics to gameplay and everything else is detail. High Voltage is treating everything with extreme care, and it shows. No matter how minor the detail, they are pouring a ton of work into it. That’s because they understand that little things can make for a big impact. Take this little bit, for instance. The sight on your sniper scope reflects the game world around you, in real-time. Walk up to a car, and you’ll see the car. Face your back to a building, and check it out in the scope reflection. You can even point the gun at the ground, and in the scope reflection, you’ll see the cloud patterns moving…once again, in real-time. This is the passion that is going into every facet of the game.

Lolz from the Nintendo de Go.

This game is turning out better than I really imagined it would. I always thought it would be a lot of fun, but its starting to shape up into a real hit.

Ok, what is going on with this game?

Who's behind it? I thought it was a new, small developer, but my respect for them is gaining fast.
- creating a custom built engine for Wii
- putting some effort in their game
- Using as much possibilities the Wii offers as possible

Who is publishing this game?

Top Bottom