• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First glimpse of new Rare game? (terrible picture quality)

Ushae

Banned
Microsoft made it clear this conference would introduce the hardware and the wider ecosystem.

It is already annoying to ready so many people making the 'no games' jokes.

Tell me about it, intelligence is at an all time low these days. They clearly said they have 15 exclusives coming in the first year. FIFTEEN! That already puts them squarely against Sony first party offerings.

Microsoft made it clear this conference would introduce the hardware and the wider ecosystem.

It is already annoying to ready so many people making the 'no games' jokes.

It's like they turned off the conference when Phil Spencer walked on stage then somehow knew exactly when to turn it back on when he left the stage.
All in an effort to shield themselves from the reality that Microsoft is heavily invested in exclusive first party IP.

Amazing!

HoJu

Tell me about it, intelligence is at an all time low these days. They clearly said they have 15 exclusives coming in the first year. FIFTEEN! That already puts them squarely against Sony first party offerings.
but we don't know what they are. i mean, yeah, they had to save some stuff for e3 but still.

Vire

They don't count because reasons. Oh and LOL sports games.

They don't count because mostly everything they showed was Multi-Platform. Woopdy fucking doo.

EA Sports/Call Of Duty isn't going to impress me since it's found everywhere else.

The Remedy game trailer was just bad, with hardly any in game footage and any idea of what the game is actually like.

Forza's trailer was the only thing I enjoyed out of the entire press conference to be honest.

A conference so bad that people have to use MS paint to highlight where the games were.

Seriously, I have to laugh at these people who actually believe M$ is gonna put out 15 exclusives in year 1.

That Remedy game they showed looked like it was barely underway.

Woffls

MS have said they're leveraging Rare's "historical IP" so, assuming this is new IP, we should expect other games from them as well.

Sydle

It's likely a new IP. Wasn't a year ago or so they said they were working on a new, mature IP? I'm guessing they're trying their hand at another adventure game (like a spiritual successor to Kameo).

No, they said 15 first-party titles. With third parties, I definitely expect more exclusives than that.

But yeah, all this hyperbole is really sad, although not unexpected. Xbox One can indeed end up being a pile of shit after all is said and done, but with all the unanswered questions about both them and their competitors, the outright dismissal is a premature reaction. So typical.

Conor 419

Banned
We all have clamoured for new IPs from Microsoft for so long now. But what if they're all shit?

Most likely scenario right here, people are forgetting that incompetent Microsoft can barely manage their own IP, let alone introduce quality new ones.

Microsoft launched 10, TEN! exclusives in 2012, how did that turn out again?

JaggedSac

No, they said 15 first-party titles. With third parties, I definitely expect more exclusives than that.

But yeah, all this hyperbole is really sad, although not unexpected. Xbox One can indeed end up being a pile of shit after all is said and done, but with all the unanswered questions about both them and their competitors, the outright dismissal is a premature reaction. So typical.

I definitely agree. This reveal did not assuage my concerns about great games being there, but they said they had 15 first party games in dev, 8 of which are new ip and that doesn't include the 3rd party exclusives they will have.

That being said, if Crackdown is there, count me in.

It's likely a new IP. Wasn't a year ago or so they said they were working on a new, mature IP? I'm guessing they're trying their hand at another adventure game (like a spiritual successor to Kameo).
Yeah, a spiritual successor to Kameo sounds plausible.

Face looks like Steve Ballmer.
BK0IbdMCQAA0CIU.png

ballmer7jan2009.jpg

Medieval Kinect Moves.

YOU ARE THE SWORD.

I wonder how many people we'll get to see "polishing their swords" via the wonders of Kinect 2.0? ;)

A Banjo game that isn't Nuts and Bolts based would be difficult for me to resist but the image doesn't look like Rare's style to me. I'm thinking more Lionhead so Fable Journey 2 or Black and White.

Character in jumpsuit + gesturing towards camera (player) + character off-centered as to not be right in the line of sight of the player + Rare's current track record = Kinect-themed adventure/sports game.

Calling it now.

I would think they would start a whole new IP if it was going to be like Wizards and Warriors yeah? Would the name really do much for it in 2013?

Top Bottom