• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image from Disney's Bolt (what American Dog became)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
If you can't see the image, this is the link to it:
http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/10052/Bolt_2.jpg

Bolt_2.jpg

sky

Looks really... sanitized... hopefully it turns out alright.
I'm suspicious of that gerbil thing.

Sanjuro

Just quote him and then go to link. I still don't understand what it is though. Without Pixar in the name however I doubt it will be good.

Dali

Sapiens said:
Way to fuckup, dipshit. How fucking hard is it to post a fucking image?

picture21bdda.png

Wow dude. Calm down. I could see it just fine. It's probably hotlinked from a site that doesn't allow off-site direct links and your browser isn't set up to over ride that.

harSon

Banned
Sapiens said:
Way to fuckup, dipshit. How fucking hard is it to post a fucking image?

picture21bdda.png

What the fuck is your problem? You've been a complete asshole the last two days, why don't you rip out the rod shoved in your ass.

It seems like American Dog would have been more stylized and just more...fun? This seems like generic Disney shit. (Yes, I am basing this off of only one picture)

Dali

Greatness Gone said:
It seems like American Dog would have been more stylized and just more...fun? This seems like generic Disney shit. (Yes, I am basing this off of only one picture)

But it's got a bubble gerbil and the Peppy Le Pew cat. Generic? I think not.

Sapiens

harSon said:
What the fuck is your problem? You've been a complete asshole the last two days, why don't you rip out the rod shoved in your ass.

You start a thread, you get it right. You just don't give up on it.

sky

I don't doubt for a second that the original concept might have sucked as a film, and needed a redo.
I loved the art though:

americandog_e.jpg

americandog_b.jpg

americandog.gif

ad-w-rabbit-cat.jpg

sky said:
I don't doubt for a second that the original concept might have sucked as a film, and needed a redo.
I loved the art though:

americandog_e.jpg

americandog_b.jpg

americandog.gif

ad-w-rabbit-cat.jpg

Those "work" for me more than the ones we have now. I would've enjoyed seeing those instead of what we have now.

Darko

sky said:
I loved the art though:

those are amazing... is there more? :D

Dali

After seeing the early work this does seem like a bit of a downgrade. The concept art makes it sort-of seem like the movie would have been a bit too gritty for a Disney animated film, though.

robot

Greatness Gone said:
Q: What the fuck is more awesome than a cat with an eye-patch?

A: Nothing.

INCORRECT - The answer is A cat wearing an eye patch with a skull on it of course!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Opinion: Sapiens is an asshole or an attention whore, and he should shove up his ass the shit he said. Manabyte Defense Force!

Contribution: The original concept was so much better.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
sky said:
I loved the art though:

americandog_e.jpg

americandog_b.jpg

americandog.gif

ad-w-rabbit-cat.jpg
Holy shit, did they ever suck the style out of this awesome concept.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Scopebob Sniperpants said:
The concept art reminds me of stitch.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/lilo___stitch/superevilstitch.jpg[IMG]

That's a good thing.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. The guy who made Lilo & Stitch also came up with the concept for American Dog.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Regarding the art, this is such a letdown. The concept art, and hell, that animated demo of the dog looking out of the train car, was fantastic. Plus, it's obviously not just an art change, but the entire tone. Seems like everything has been neutered and fed through a committee or four.

The new dog's grin makes me want to punch it in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom