• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image of Moby Dick Studio's (The Phantom Pain) CEO Joakim Mogren

Durante

I think this whole marketing campaign is extremely amusing. Seriously, it's much preferable to "here's a countdown, here's a trailer, here's our social networking campaign".

It would only be stupid/dumb if you were supposed to take it seriously. Which I do not believe to be the case.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I love you Kojima, you crazy basterd.

BosSin

In this game you play as Otacon, who went back in time through injecting himself with Nanomachines that have been fused with McDonald's Big Mac sauce

Kikujiro

I think this whole marketing campaign is extremely amusing. Seriously, it's much preferable to "here's a countdown, here's a trailer, here's our social networking campaign".

It would only be stupid/dumb if you were supposed to take it seriously. Which I do not believe to be the case.

Exactly, how people can hate this? Sometimes I wonder why gamers take everything so seriously. This is way better than your standard copy/paste PR talks and it's perfectly in line with Kojima's sense of humor.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
OK, we've crossed the line into stupidity. Another setback to the "take the gaming industry seriously" crowd.

This is kind of lame.

Why can't they show the game normally? or reveal it when it's done or close to done?

This is just stroking his ego

GDC better be the end of this nonsense, or at least E3. Do not drag the joke out when we all know the punchline already. Pantomime doesn't try to run the "he's behind you" gag for a full day long marathon for instance because its annoying.

I deem these terrible posts and suggest you all take a break from gaming.

Seriously nice to get a weirdo marketing campaign that isn't PREORDER YOUR SEASON PASS TODAY bullshit we have to put up with.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The thing is that this isn't some crafty viral or long winded mysterious tease for an unannounced game. Ground Zeroes was announced months ago. We know a new Metal Gear is well and truly on the way. This is no secret or year.

All this Phantom Pain stuff is just a fun bit of silly padding to an already known quality. There's not much value in outright ending the joke to confirm what everybody already knows. You're supposed to know. It's supposed to be stupid.

So take a chill pill and enjoy the ride.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
At this point if it does end up being an elaborate ruse for MGS V it's going to be a massive dissappointment given that people figured it out about 10 seconds into the VGA trailer.

the chris

I thought this was Joakim Morgen:
0zVPSiP.png

FoneBone

The thing is that this isn't some crafty viral or long winded mysterious tease for an unannounced game. Ground Zeroes was announced months ago. We know a new Metal Gear is well and truly on the way. This is no secret or year.

All this Phantom Pain stuff is just a fun bit of silly padding to an already known quality. There's much value in outright ending the joke to confirm what everybody already knows. You're supposed to know. It's supposed to be stupid.

So take a chill pill and enjoy the ride.

That's fine (on Kojima's end), but it doesn't let "journalists" like Keighley off the hook.

I'm really hoping that they have this really elaborate MGS5 reveal planned for this, with Kojima standing up there thinking everyone is going to be stunned at this revelation, followed by a panning shot of the audience yawning. "Yeah, we knew."

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That's fine (on Kojima's end), but it doesn't let "journalists" like Keighley off the hook.

What in the world are you talking about?

This is for a show that does nothing but promotes video games. This is a video game. I don't understand why some people think GTTV is freaking Nightline or something.

synce

Somehow I doubt we'll get even a lick of useful information about the game (which let's face it everyone knows is GZ/MGS5) :p

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Agreed. its damn good marketing.

Dr Dogg

Funnily Kojima did this with Peace Walker before it became commonplace. Anyone remember the teaser site where the image revealed more and more each day, clouds changing and what not. Edit: In fact yes people do http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41639807&postcount=104

Maybe working with Suda on SDATCHER made him think he's got to step up his game.

Top Bottom