• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image of Moby Dick Studio's (The Phantom Pain) CEO Joakim Mogren

MormaPope

Banned
Interesting. Is he an actual swede posing as Joakim, which brings me to another point:

Ground Zeroes trailer had a Swedish composer named Ludvig Forssell. Could it be him?

DING DING DING, I believe you are correct.

Here's his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ludvig.forssell

And here's a photo of him:
734540_10151359273786382_1257925322_n.jpg

Translating this from his profile:
コナミデジタルエンタテインメント

Gets you this in English:
Konami Digital Entertainment

Alienous

This actually makes sense considering he's someone that could actually talk intelligently about games since he knows the industry, instead of just an actor.

Yet he might not be convincing as a game developer, as Geoff's questions are likely targeted towards the graphics engine etc...

which would explain why Geoff doesn't think he's a game developer.

DetectiveGAF, stay awesome.

This is so fucking stupid. Everyone knew it was kojima the second this game was announced. He never fooled anyone. What's the point of continuing this charade? Can't he just let his game speak for itself?

Durante

This is so fucking stupid. Everyone knew it was kojima the second this game was announced. He never fooled anyone. What's the point of continuing this charade? Can't he just let his game speak for itself?
The point is obviously to maintain interest. Marketing, in other words. Since it is far more entertaining than any game marketing campaign I can remember I find it hard to complain.

Sciz

Kojima's been a crazy bastard with his tongue jammed into his cheek so hard it comes out his ear since Metal Gear 1. It's nice to see that hasn't changed.

What happened to his face? I haven't seen too many people wear something like that in public. I didn't hear about the accident that caused him to wear a full facial bandage. If I was in that shape, I would be at home, not promoting my video game. What a trooper!!!!

Vasili2K38

The point is obviously to maintain interest. Marketing, in other words. Since it is far more entertaining than any game marketing campaign I can remember I find it hard to complain.

Exactly, personally I love the "stupid" and absurd sense of humor that Kojima shows sometimes, but I understand that some people could think that is kind of dumb. But at least is very original and its keeping people interested, so from a marketing perspective its pretty good.

Go Kojima Mogren go!!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

I agree, but I can't decide if this is fanservice or just plain insanity.

I mean, I can usually explain gaming hype at my work office but this? I've got nothing. I still can't get my head around this, it's crazy. It's a breath of fresh air in a world of hype by sterile "teaser trailer" before announcements of announcements, but...yeah.

At this point i think anyone who simply thinks this is just a marketing gimmick needs to look back at MGS2, When Kojima does stuff like this its generally done with a story theme in mind.

Hell the trailers for MGS2 hinted at the idea of the control of information and the S3 plan. A lot of people are too caught up in the idea of this being only a marketing scheme, and it's definitely bigger than that

Top Bottom