• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image of Tom Cruise in "All You Need Is Kill"

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandbox_Hyperion_Engineer_910.jpeg

Reminds me of this.

KevinCow

Banned
It's real, and it's the name of the original novel.

All You Need is Kill

The story is told from the perspective of Keiji Kiriya, the protagonist, a new recruit in the United Defense Force which fights against the mysterious 'Mimics' which have laid siege to Earth. Keiji is killed on his first sortie, but through some inexplicable phenomenon wakes up having returned to the day before the battle, only to find himself caught in a time loop as his death and resurrection repeats time and time again. Keiji's skill as a soldier grows as he passes through each time loop in a desperate attempt to change his fate.

So Groundhog Day with guns and explosions. And mech suits.

Sure. Okay.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How is there a glimpse of this, yet nothing for Oblivion?

Fry

What happened to you Tom. :(

Why? Dude still makes great movies, and we can't tell if this will suck or not (so far).

All I know is that Doug Liman has directed some great and bad movies (with his last two being average/awful).

Einhander

O...kay. Clicking this thread, I was expecting a plot about Cruise playing as a character who is obsessed with killing or something along those lines. A thriller movie about criminals. I leave with more questions than answers.

I really just can't comprehend how most of this thread seems to be completely pessimistic about a movie called "All You Need is Kill" about Tom Cruise in mecha battle-armor fighting aliens in and endless battle based upon a Japanese sci-fi novel.

.... Seriously, what's wrong with you people?

I really just can't comprehend how most of this thread seems to be completely pessimistic about a movie called "All You Need is Kill" about Tom Cruise in mecha battle-armor fighting aliens in and endless battle based upon a Japanese sci-fi novel.

.... Seriously, what's wrong with you people?

It sounds amazing but that photo... I can't help but laugh at it every time I see it. But I will say this: even if it ends up terrible, chances are it will still be amazing.

He's my 2nd favorie actor, but actually he can.

Most recently, Knight and Day.

Cruise was the best part of that movie. If he was given somebody other than Diaz to act against it could have been great. I felt like he was trapped in hell after she crashed his car in Vanilla Sky.

Fry

Cruise was the best part of that movie. If he was given somebody other than Diaz to act against it could have been great. I felt like he was trapped in hell after she crashed his car in Vanilla Sky.

For show.

Is Rock of Ages any good? I'm yet to see that one.

hteng

Banned
>Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Tom Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and then dropped—untrained and ill-equipped—into what amounts to little more than a suicide mission. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an Alpha down with him. But, impossibly, he awakens back at the beginning of the same hellish day, and is forced to fight and die again…and again. Direct physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop—dooming him to live out the same brutal combat over and over.

>But with each pass, Cage becomes tougher, smarter, and able to engage the Mimics with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt), who has lain waste to more Mimics than anyone on Earth. As Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated battle becomes an opportunity to find the key to annihilating the alien invaders and saving the Earth

hmmm.... what?

oh wow, Yoshitoshi ABe designed the novel's cover! awesome!

in before white washed movie!

Fry

I refuse to see that one. I require at least 5/6ths of Cruise movies to have Cruise screentime. Otherwise I walk out with blue balls.

That's exactly why I haven't watched that one.

I watch Collateral periodically. That's my dose of Cruise and it's the best there is.

harSon

Banned
The script for this movie was so fucking awful. I heard they're rewriting it though, but it was so bad and amateurish that they'd literally have to strip everything (characters, narrative, dialog, etc) except the basic premise and make an entirely different movie for it to even have a chance at being mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom