• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look and Crysis Remastered Running on Nintendo Switch

Romulus

I don't think anything about it is next level. It's a 2007 game running at bare-bones framerate and very low resolution. It looks like a slightly better version of the 360, which is a 2004 chipset lol

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Newest NSW tech trailer:

Man, even the Switch port has better physics/interactions than any PS4/XB1 title to day. And is it just me or does it even looks better than that infamous PS360 port? This is some next-level wizardry shit Crytec is doing here.

It's probably Saber and X360 version runs fine. Also Control exists.

Fake

Looking pretty good so far. Saber is indeed have a great dev team.

Man, even the Switch port has better physics/interactions than any PS4/XB1 title to day.
tenor.gif

Futaleufu

For some reason youtube decided that a 720p encode needs low bitrate. The encoding artifacts ruined the trailer.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Imagine being a gamer back in 2007, and someone tells you that some time in the future you can play Crysis on a console.

A Nintendo console.

A handheld Nintendo console.
Sure. I would be disappointed it took 13 years

REE Machine

Banned
Newest NSW tech trailer:

Man, even the Switch port has better physics/interactions than any PS4/XB1 title to day. And is it just me or does it even looks better than that infamous PS360 port? This is some next-level wizardry shit Crytec is doing here.

That doesn't look that bad honestly and fuck yes gyro aiming, ps5 needs to do this more next gen

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That's ironic. Saber interactive released Timeshift in the same month as Crysis.... And I always liked it way more than crysis. Now they are degraded to remaster studio

GeorgPrime

Banned

The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around.
Suit up: Your Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.

Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.

Customize: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.

Conquer: Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges – including a zero-g battlefield– require players to take the offensive and be proactive.

Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.

What begins as a simple rescue mission becomes the battleground of a new war as alien invaders swarm over a North Korean island chain. Armed with a powerful Nanosuit, players can become invisible to stalk enemy patrols, or boost strength to lay waste to vehicles. The Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight, while a huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style. In the ever-changing environment, adapt tactics and gear to dominate your enemies, in an enormous sandbox world.

Looks like it runs as good as when it came out on PC in the past

Last edited:

nordique

Screw the haters this looks impressive

Any word on a retail release or just eshop ? My local game shop said they don’t have it in their system

Last edited:

Fake

Site got updated as well.

I mean switch is technically as powerful as those 2006 PCs were..... and it’s more powerful than ps3, so I’m not surprised.

I don't think Switch CPU is more strong than PS3... In fact, I was impressed by the Switch running the lastest version of Cryengine, not the PS360 sittuation.

leo-j

Site got updated as well.

I don't think Switch CPU is more strong than PS3... In fact, I was impressed by the Switch running the lastest version of Cryengine, not the PS360 sittuation.
Yea but the 512MB of ram vs 4GB, the GPU being from 2006.... I think that makes up a lot of the gap w the CPU if there is a gap considering the switch is from 2016 parts.

Fake

Yea but the 512MB of ram vs 4GB, the GPU being from 2006.... I think that makes up a lot of the gap w the CPU if there is a gap considering the switch is from 2016 parts.

Are we talking about CPU or GPU? Even if the Switch GPU counterpart their CPU, we still have an ARM based CPU vs a CPU stronger that IBM X360 CPU.
Far more easy to devs due to the mobile cellphone CPU era is all about ARM.

No downplaying this port, in fact I can't wait for this week release. If anyone here played the PS360 version will be a huge update.

Tesseract

Banned
crysis at full tilt is a blast, mechanics hold up incredibly well under most circumstances

sucks there's no extended difficulty or ai extensions

Skyfox

I never loved crysis 1 or 3.

2 was good craic though.

I don't know why more 360 games aren't ported to switch.

Chupanibre

I remember this. Must be surplus from the n64 era.
Nah. N64 didn't have access to such a high quality, artificial image filter.

They had to go the more natural route back then.

QKtwMgL.jpg

I am interested to see the final product, though. Probably won't buy it, but still want to see how it turns out.

Last edited:

lucius

Yeah if you're using nose to sniff the graphics instead of using eyes to see it.

I replayed it on Delta difficulty on the Xbox One S not that long ago this looks worse, yeah the One S upscales but not native . Seems like more jitters too in some videos. But we will see I still like the game I might pick it up after a couple sales on Switch. I still think it’s best the best Crysis game.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
This looks absolutely incredible. The first few missions of Crysis hold up very well. I can't wait to play it again.

Mr Hyde

Looks very good. Switch has a couple of good shooters now. Maybe picking this up on a sale. Platinumed it on PS3 so not in a rush to play it just yet.

Jooxed

Gold Member

Crysis Remastered uses a dynamic resolution on Switch. It comes in between 720p and 900p while docked whereas you’ll see it between 540p and 720p in portable mode.

More Game-play in the link

stranno

Performance and AF look a bit rough sometimes but it definitely looks far more stable than PS3/360.

I'm way more hyped for that PS4/XBO software raytracing solution tho.

Top Bottom