• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look At 'Black Panther' on Civil War Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

Banned
My guess is it's a quick moving sequence and they don't really focus on the character/stunt actor in detail. That or we just got the shittiest MCU outfit yet. :(

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Whats Keanu doing there?
Don't you mean chris klein from legend of chun li?
009LOC_Chris_Klein_001.jpg

Why couldn't they keep the Winter Soldier suit.

Because he's under the radar lol

He'll definitely have a costume at some point

My guess is it's a quick moving sequence and they don't really focus on the character/stunt actor in detail. That or we just got the shittiest MCU outfit yet. :(

It looks a lot like the concept art you just can't really make out the details in a crummy set pic with bad lighting

We go through this every time we see a character in set pics for the first time :3

Bit on the small and raggedy side for the king of Wakanda.

Is that a hood on the back.

Maybe this is his homemade costume and later Tony Stark builds his real one.

Can anyone explain, preferably with no spoilers in case they're known, why this movie is billed as a Captain America film when there's so many other MCU characters in this? I thought only Avengers movies were the ones with non-cameo appearances of characters outside of their particular series. Couldn't it just be called Marvel Civil War or something then make another strictly Captain America film?

Can anyone explain, preferably with no spoilers in case they're known, why this movie is billed as a Captain America film when there's so many other MCU characters in this? I thought only Avengers movies were the ones with non-cameo appearances of characters outside of their particular series.
Because Thor isn't in it.

It basically is Avengers 2.5 but is running under a Captain America title.

phaonaut

Can anyone explain, preferably with no spoilers in case they're known, why this movie is billed as a Captain America film when there's so many other MCU characters in this? I thought only Avengers movies were the ones with non-cameo appearances of characters outside of their particular series. Couldn't it just be called Marvel Civil War or something then make another strictly Captain America film?

Soon it will all be one movie, that comes out twice a year.

The dramatic beats are Cap centered. The other characters are just pieces in action sets except for maybe Iron Man since hes heading up the opposition and RDJr doesnt do bit parts.

The answer probably involves a spoiler. The thing that will reunite the Avengers most likely is
the death of Cap.
That's how it played in the comic, although the film is mostly based on it in name only.

MajorMane

My guess is that they see it as more of a Captain America (and friends) story, rather than focusing too much on the Avengers. The film will likely focus more on Captain America and the Winter Soldier than on any of the other Avengers, despite them being in the film.

Abounder

Banned

No announcement of more Iron Man movies, and putting in Robert Downey Jr. and other cameos is a surefire way to reach $1billion at the box office. But it basically is a Cap-centric Avengers story

Blader

Because it's a Captain America story, not an Avengers story.

It's still a captain America movie, Cap is the lead, the supporting cast are captain America characters like Bucky, Falcon and Agent 13. The villain is Zemo, a classic Cap badguy. All the other Avengers are probably just going to have minor roles other than Tony. The primary conflict will be between him and Steve which is what will make it Civil War.

Comics Civil War may have been a giant crossover event but the Russos surely won't lose focus on the star of their movie. It's gonna be more like Civil War primarily from the perspective of Cap because
Cap was right.

iddqd

They should do a George Lucas and put this better Costume into the first Avengers movie. Those pajamas still chases me in my dreams.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm going to wait until we see a proper shot and not a weird side angle of the costume before complaining about it. They gave us the concept art so I'm sure it will look good if that's what they're aiming for.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Without Thor and The Hulk, it's not an Avengers story. The story is Cap-centered, but since he's involved in training the new batch of Avengers, per the end of Age of Ultron, the other characters are obviously going to make appearances. Plus, Cap 2 made a billion goddamn dollars, so calling it Cap 3 makes a lot more promotional sense than calling it "Marvel."

I know next to nothing about Black Panther, so this will be my first exposure to the character outside of some Marvel animation stuff. I'm pretty excited to see his methods of ass-kicking!

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

Captain America books are more often than not small team and or team stories regardless. If no other Avengers member is present in his book its his partner Sam Wilson (The Falcon) or one of the usual cast of characters, Nick Fury, Diamond Back, Black Widow, Bucky, Dum Dum Duggan, Clay Quartermain, Agent 13, etc etc.

Otherwise a crap ton of Marvel Presents or Feature Duo books are Cap + Iron Man, Cap + Wolverine, Daredevil, Punisher etc etc you get the idea. The guy is a leader so he's got just as many group stories in his solo books as he does solo missions. TWS was influenced by the Brubaker run and he didn't really break away from this either with agent 13, Falcon, and Bucky as regular characters of the book.

might as well do the same for the movies since it works with Cap as a center piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom