• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look At 'Black Panther' on Civil War Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzalez

Banned
I see fur. What if this is:

SquirrelGirl.jpg
Nah, they turned SG into a... Lets just say a special snowflake.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Bit on the small and raggedy side for the king of Wakanda.

Is that a hood on the back.

Maybe this is his homemade costume and later Tony Stark builds his real one.

If anything Iron Man is the one with the shitty homemade suit, and he gets Wakanda to build him a real one.

D i Z

Not looking good so far. I'll wait until we get a shot of a costume that's not thrown together for minimum stunt coverage. Getting rid of the sag would do wonders for a first impression.

a916

Hard to see what we're looking at here without context (is there some digital effect on his costume, is there more than one costume, etc)...

That said, initial impressions are it doesn't look good from that blurry potato pic.

Won't judge the size of Black Panther when it's a stunt man in the suit, and especially during a stunt that will be a quick cut in the film. Boseman is a big guy, he'll look like fine when he's in the suit.

Prompto

Banned
Eh it's a set pic. Not every costume looks as good as the Deadpool or Cap costumes in set pics. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Gonzalez

Banned
Won't judge the size of Black Panther when it's a stunt man in the suit, and especially during a stunt that will be a quick cut in the film. Boseman is a big guy, he'll look like fine when he's in the suit.
This is a theory, but I think Boseman came in way out of shape for the role, so they ended getting a chunkier stunt man for the shoot.

I'm sure the costume will look fine in the movie

I've lost count of how many costumes look terrible in set photos and great on screen with proper lighting

Ithil

I distinctly recall Cap's much beloved costume in the first movie being regarded as lame looking when set photos of his stunt double working a scene, too.

Frog-fu

Banned
I distinctly recall Cap's much beloved costume in the first movie being regarded as lame looking when set photos of his stunt double working a scene, too.

The first Cap suit is fine. It's his Avengers suit that was awful, pre and post production. TWS suit looked great and AoU was good too.

Maximus.

I wonder if Black Panther will have an accent. Seeing as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver both had one, I am hopeful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom