• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look At 'Black Panther' on Civil War Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

One of my favorite moments in Hickman's entire run from FF to Time Runs Out.

Namor got what was coming to him.

One of my favourite comic-book panels ever is all this shit going down in Secret War and they don't give a fuck because they charge at each other to fight. The egos are outstanding.

You can balance the books AND save humanity. Namor should keep two eyes open and grew a new one in the back of his head.

Slayven

Considering the source material, Vision looked amazing.

Yep

u1AR21k.jpg

glow

Banned
Does Fox own the rights to adamantium? Or is vibranium "the strongest metal on earth" in the MCU as Tony Stark said in a Age of Ultron.

Kinyou

Ah, on-set costumes.

Brings back memories...
To be fair, that's just a stand in that got 100% replaced with CGI, right? I doubt this will happen with Black Panther here.
Then again, that they add some stuff extra onto the suit wouldn't be surprising either

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Does Fox own the rights to adamantium? Or is vibranium "the strongest metal on earth" in the MCU as Tony Stark said in a Age of Ultron.

I don't think FOX owns it, but it just makes sense to keep one metal as the strongest, rather than mixing up two fictional materials.

People still giving Marvel shit on costumes?
Folks love staying wrong

Outside of Cap, Vision, and Iron Man most of the heroes costumes are lame. BW is just black leather. Hawkeye's and Thor's are even worse. Falcon is just a bunch of shit thrown over pants and t-shirt. The twins had horrible costumes in AoU. Cap's Avengers costume is the worst in the series. Straight ass cheeks.

I'm willing to give Ant-Man a pass because it was supposed to be something from the 60's.

Outside of Cap, Vision, and Iron Man most of the heroes costumes are lame. BW is just black leather. Hawkeye's and Thor's are even worse. Falcon is just a bunch of shit thrown over pants and t-shirt. The twins had horrible costumes in AoU. Cap's Avengers costume is the worst in the series. Straight ass cheeks.

I'm willing to give Ant-Man a pass because it was supposed to be something from the 60's.

nothing wrong with the black leather tbh. in black widow's case it worked.

the WOAT is Daredevil and Avengers Captain America. everything else is decent to great. so far I think DC's killing it though with their Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman outfits. That's the new standard (with Iron Man and Deadpool just behind)

Really wish marvel would toss a bone here, we're 8 months or so away and no trailer or cast shot yet right? Hopefully D23 has some public information but I'm sorta doubting a trailer.

Hystzen

Yup that's a set costume pic they always look bad really

You know it only Civil War in name because they not going to agree Tony was right and Cap was wrong in a Cap film.

until Marvel noticed Tony was right then did everything possible to make Tony evil and wrong

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Really wish marvel would toss a bone here, we're 8 months or so away and no trailer or cast shot yet right? Hopefully D23 has some public information but I'm sorta doubting a trailer.

I'm expecting a
"Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?"
"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."
type teaser.

Wazzy

Banned
The front shot looks amazing, I don't know what everyone else is talking about. The side angle shot is only where it looks ugly.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Costume looks kinda boring.
I'm sure it'll look better after post, but yeah I thought it was a bit spartan even in the concept art.

I wish they would have gone with the Texiera design. The gold pops more than the silver and the half-cape is unique and would accentuate his movement nicely.

51x-m5kIVQL._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg

Since its obviously a stunt suit, all we can really determine is the design, and well, it looks like a very faithful black panther suit. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom