• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look At 'Black Panther' on Civil War Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
g0hAbC7.jpg

i know it probably wouldnt look practical, but i wish they would have used the lucha mask

Kelsdesu

What are Black Panthers powers? Can he shoot laserbeams out of his eyes like Spiderman?

He is a genius ruler of a hidden kingdom with advanced tech beyond any other nation(Stark tech included) with dominion over an extremely powerful, versatile, and finite resource. Thats his actual superpower.

rakhir

He is a genius ruler of a hidden kingdom with advanced tech beyond any other nation(Stark tech included) with dominion over an extremely powerful, versatile, and finite resource. Thats his actual superpower.
That's pretty boring. He would be interesting if he could shoot laserbeams out of his butt.

Not exactly. Panther is all of that, but has enhanced strength and speed like Cap does, as well as heightened senses (smell, hearing etc) like old school wolverine.

Gets it from an herb reserved for the ruling family of wakanda.

Modern panther got a bump up from this and is way stronger but I doubt they'll go that route from the jump.

El Daniel

I'm hoping for a good fight between Black Panther and Winter Soldier.

Bucky was like a force of nature in TWS. I'm afraid they'll let him job against BP just to show how strong BP is.

I'm hoping for a good fight between Black Panther and Winter Soldier.

Bucky was like a force of nature in TWS. I'm afraid they'll let him job against BP just to show how strong BP is.

Nah, Cap bodied him at the end of that movie and he got KOed. The only thing that saved him was cap was focused on taking the helicarriers out on a deadline, let himself get shot like 5 times in the back and REALLY didn't want to kill him, and thought getting punched in the face and letting bucky come back to his senses was the better plan.

A no-holds-barred cap would have dismantled him. Panther should do the same.

Bracewell

Nah, Cap bodied him at the end of that movie and he got KOed. The only thing that saved him was cap was focused on taking the helicarriers out on a deadline, let himself get shot like 5 times in the back and REALLY didn't want to kill him, and thought getting punched in the face and letting bucky come back to his senses was the better plan.

BP might, but Cap would never go no-holds-barred against Bucky. Still, I wonder if we'll ever see him cut loose in a battle? He's been showing a lot of restraint so far, for a super-soldier.

Dead Man

Not exactly. Panther is all of that, but has enhanced strength and speed like Cap does, as well as heightened senses (smell, hearing etc) like old school wolverine.

Gets it from an herb reserved for the ruling family of wakanda.

Modern panther got a bump up from this and is way stronger but I doubt they'll go that route from the jump.

Really? Fuck you, Ruling Family of Wakanda.

El Daniel

Cap went all out in the streetfight and couldn't get a grip on him until he retrieved his shield and than the fight got cut short.

hmm...yeah they might be CG-ing the face area to make his mask more expressive. it looks pretty good in deadpool.

maybe will happen with spiderman too, i dunno though. could get distracting with such big eyes. i hope they keep him stationary.

EcJWiTm.jpg

Will Black Panther have CG eyes, ala Deadpool?

Maybe they're just not comfortable with his vision being obscured during big stuntwork.

The costume looks kinda, ... bad. Will wait for proper resolution pics. From the concept art i was expecting something with better definition.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
^ That's what I was thinking as well as soon as I saw BP helmet. lol

EcJWiTm.jpg

Will Black Panther have CG eyes, ala Deadpool?

That would be interesting and great if they make CG eyes, Deadpool eyes looked good in the trailer. Like Deadpool BP has small eyes (from the concept art) as well, for Spider-Man it's bit different since he has quite big eyes.

*pictures of a wholly unedited, real-world film shoot surface; said pics still have months and thousands of dollars of post-processing awaiting them*

"None of that looks like it's supposed to!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom