• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First-look at the back of Japanese Switch cases

Thanks go to Gaijinhunter, who's worked on many Monster Hunter tutorial videos IIRC.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild:

C3LHgHPUYAAmV3W.jpg:orig
C3LHgIjVMAAapGT.jpg:orig
C3LHgHRVMAQf89V.jpg:orig

1-2 Switch:

Super Bomberman R:

Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2:

Puyo Puyo Tetris:

Disgaea 5 Complete:

I Am Setsuna:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13:

Compared to a PSP box:

I really like the minimalist design of these things. I'm sure that means we won't get cool spine art but I'll just display the great covers (like BotW).

Platy

LsEE0ww.png

Interesting the part about number of players based on mode of play.

Also ... this game has ... romance ?

What are those symbols on the bottom right. The hand with a knife(?), The gun and the male/female symbols?

Crime, Violence & Sexuality.

Those are what those symbols mean. Sometimes the sexuality marker is used when someone is in their underwear, so it probably just refers to Link because you can remove his clothes.

kubus

Did we know about amiibo functionality of the Breath of the World amiibo yet?

The box here shows the archer Link amiibo (? I think) with the text "Using amiibo unlocks items that will be useful during your journey [among other things]"

So.. nothing groundbreaking I guess.

Skeletos311

This matches the thing that was posted on Reddit the other week. This must be for 1-2-Switch. I saw people here wondering how you would play 1-2-Switch on a portable only Switch. Well, I guess you just wouldn't.

JibXWN8.png

This matches the thing that was posted on Reddit the other week. This must be for 1-2-Switch. I saw people here wondering how you would play 1-2-Switch on a portable only Switch. Well, I guess you just wouldn't.

JibXWN8.png

Guess thats why its not bundled in.

Edit: Wait, tabletop seems to be the same thing

GAMETA

Banned
wDeVpe7.png

huh...is she pulling out the sword?

SPOILER ALERT!

According to what we see on the Switch trailer, she's actually returning it to the pedestal after
Link is defeated and presumably killed. The sword will rest there for a 100 years.
:)

J@hranimo

Banned
Aww, I wish we in the States had display cases out :[ It looks really nice.

This gives me such a surreal hype feeling. We're almost there...!

tiijj

CERO Ratings

rjCsq0s.gif

Titles rated B have been assessed to be suitable for gamers ages 12 and up.

oVbFtxq.gif
Violence
Contains violent activity. (Possibly includes fighting, bodily harm and wounding, killing, dismemberment, depiction of corpses, blood and gore, and other violent content.)

tSfpnTj.gif
Crime
Contains criminal activity, either by depiction or in interactive form. (Possibly includes illegal activity, dangerous and unlawful behavior, abusive behavior, prostitution, rape, organized crime, and other criminal acts.)

iK6rxL8.gif
Sexuality
Contains expressions of sexual relations and/or sexual activity. (Possibly includes swimwear or suggestive outfits, exposure of underwear, nudity, suggestive behavior, immoral thoughts, prostitution, sexual contact and/or activities, and other sexual content.)

Holy shit I totally called the boxes having little symbols on them showing what modes each games could be played in like two weeks ago. I wonder if I can find the post.

Edit:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if games had the same icons on their backs that show up on the Switch when you take it out of docked mode to indicate what style of play they're suited for, like how Wii and Wii U games had the icons for what controllers worked with each game. The less of that the better though, since they don't want to confuse the message this time. If the Mario Maker port/sequel really is happening I wonder how they'll get around the touch screen requirement, or if they'll even "get around" it at all. I mean, the handheld mode IS a feature of the console, so it's not like they couldn't put up a "Please Undock Your Nintendo Switch" bubble on the screen when you go into Edit Mode (as obnoxious as that would be).

1/18/17 oh shiiiiiit paging The Real Abed! O:

Top Bottom