• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First-look at the back of Japanese Switch cases

Cerium

You know the old PSP boxes were really quite nice and these look very similar, which is a good thing. Beautiful.

Madao

CERO Ratings

rjCsq0s.gif

oVbFtxq.gif
Violence

tSfpnTj.gif
Crime

iK6rxL8.gif
Sexuality

sounds like Zelda became GTA.

deleted

So the interiors of the Box are now the manual? Seems cool, but makes covers with alternative art inside way more unlikely. Would have loved to switch the European Zelda Cover for a US one.

Chittagong

Gold Member
LsEE0ww.png

Interesting the part about number of players based on mode of play.

Also ... this game has ... romance ?

Love the local multiplayer icon. So Bomberman and Puyo Puyo can be played locally by two players with joycons... I wonder how analog stick works for that?

WillyFive

I don't like the case designs. Wasteful. I guess visibility in retail spaces played a part?

One struggles to find any part of these case studies to be wasteful, they are tiny and slim compared to every game case out there. It's design also makes its visibility harder than competitors boxes because of their tiny logo and branding.

random25

So the interiors of the Box are now the manual? Seems cool, but makes covers with alternative art inside way more unlikely. Would have loved to switch the European Zelda Cover for a US one.

There's a manual holder above the cartridge holder inside. Publishers can choose to make reversible covers if they want.

You know it's console launch time when we're excited to see game boxes. They seem decent enough to me.

Aha yeah for sure, I remember being facinated about Xbox One cases having discs on the left side of the box. I still am quite frankly.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Love the inside cover art.
Nintendo always (mostly) does box art perfect.

CPCunha

Am i seeing things or are they (boxes) the same dimensions of the switch tablet? Feels like they stack perfectly.

Cerium

Best box case of the gen. A collectors deram.

What's notable to me is that back in the PSP days, many publishers were lazy and didn't bother to do inside cover art. A lot of times it was just blank white.

Here it seems every single Switch game is going to have inside art, which is amazing.

Top Bottom