• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look: Box art for upcoming PS5 games

Arkam

Looks fine to me. Its pretty much the PS4 style with mild tweak. Not sure how that would upset/disappoint anyone... but hey have fun. What is interesting is the lack of "Only on PlayStation" in the upper right hand. Not their cuz its a just an early mock up.... or cuz the game is going to another platform?

Evilms

Banned
Sans_titre-1.png

Sans_titre-1.png

iconmaster

Banned
Great box art, but that PS5 branding is painfully dull. I guess we have to assume it's final, since it's the PS blog putting it out.

Looks fine to me. Its pretty much the PS4 style with mild tweak. Not sure how that would upset/disappoint anyone... but hey have fun. What is interesting is the lack of "Only on PlayStation" in the upper right hand. Not their cuz its a just an early mock up.... or cuz the game is going to another platform?

Epic Game Store maybe.

Last edited:

Voidout

Replaced with the sony studios logo. Every sony studio game (including the third party ones - returnal, destruction all stars) was given the full exclusive banner at the ps5 announcement so it basically holds the same meaning now.

Last edited:

Fbh

The blue box with the white top bar isn't working for me. Definitely should have gone with a white or black box.

Maybe they made it intentionally ugly, (as well as the asymmetrical console) to push people to go all digital
1itoun.jpg

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
The blue box with the white top bar isn't working for me. Definitely should have gone with a white or black box.

Maybe they made it intentionally ugly, (as well as the asymmetrical console) to push people to go all digital
1itoun.jpg

My theory is Sony thinking about tons of PS4 blue cases lying around and asked themself hey what are we going to do with it

the other guy said hey instead of wasting it why dont we just use it for PS5 box art

Then when the blue ps4 cases stock gone they gona switch into something else (white or black)

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Love the white, but it is pretty jarring with the bluish. Should've gone with a clear case. Either way, it looks good enough and doesn't stray to far from PS4-box art which makes it blending in nice with its older sibling.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if anyone noticed or mentioned it but the "only on playstation" label is not on the box art. Expecting Sony to put their PS5 exclusives on the Epic Games Store day one and then Steam a year later.

EDIT: A few people have noticed and mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryank75

Banned
It's very clean... people love to hate on Sony at the moment, it's kinda become en vogue....
It couldn't possibly offend anyone, it's minimalist and professional looking. Can't fault it.

supernova8

Banned
Would have been cool to have a white background with a kind of metallic (or even two-tone blue and silver) blue text to make it extra fancy looking.

Voidout

Not sure if anyone noticed or mentioned it but the "only on playstation" label is not on the box art. Expecting Sony to put their PS5 exclusives on the Epic Games Store day one and then Steam a year later.

EDIT: A few people have noticed and mentioned it.
The ps studio logo has the same value. All the games announced with it had the full exclusive banner that distinguishes it from the console exclusive.

Its also not final case. They usually add that last as many pre release cases lacked the logo.

BlackM1st

Banned
Plastic should be transparent black. But looks like it's cheaper to make same boxes for both PS4 and PS5. Overall, pretty lazy "design" decision. All about costs cutting. 2020 4 u.

Keihart

Plastic should be transparent black. But looks like it's cheaper to make same boxes for both PS4 and PS5. Overall, pretty lazy "design" decision. All about costs cutting. 2020 4 u.
they should at least put a blue line between the art and the logo to make it better if they are using blue cases.

Edit:Oh shit, i was going to edit it, but there is a blue line, it's just too dark.
What a fail...

Last edited:
Top Bottom