• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Possible GTA 4 Preview Review Review?

Now, legit, I dont know, but mentions some interesting things.

"When popping the disc into the PS3 for the first time, you'll have a brief installation. Don't worry, it only takes ten minutes or so, and there's a pleasant bit of GTA history trivia to keep you occupied. So, unlike with Devil May Cry, you'll be able to eat your sandwich prior to playing the game. On the 360, this installation is optional if you have a hard drive. I advise to proceed with installation—it reduces the already minimal frame rate issues on the 360. When the game finally begins, you'll be treated to the best opening credit sequence I've seen for a game in a long, long time."

"It's also a bit disappointing that law enforcement actually spawns. The game would feel much more realistic if cops had to call for back up, and patrol cars would actually drive to your location from a few blocks away before joining the fun. But that's not how it works. A handful of cops will appear out of nowhere (on the 360, they actually pop-in if you didn't do the install)."

"Euphoria didn't do as much as I hoped. Let's face it, when you hit a pedestrian at 50 mph, they do one thing: fall. It may look different in slow motion, but when you're really doing it—when you're in the middle of the action—animations always feel the same. There are moments, though, where Euphoria will kick in and you'll say, “Awesome”. When you try to duplicate it, you won't be able to. This is where Euphoria shines. There will be one time moments of sheer bliss—and it's worth every second."

"There were a couple minor things about the controls that bugged me. I'll mention the single big thing: running. Tapping a button to run works well in theory, but I just know that the wear and tear on my controller has to be increasing exponentially."

"The PS3 has a more relaxed color pallet, but this gives everything a more realistic look."

"The PS3 takes longer to load than the 360, but I took several different head counts in game at different locations, and I always found the PS3 to be more populated than the 360. This could be attributed to the dynamic nature of the world, but it's hard to tell. Either way, the difference was never more than five to seven pedestrians or three to four cars—it's not really much of an advantage."

"The 360 also suffers from some frame rate drops that are almost non-existent on the PS3. Installing the 360 version on your system's hard drive, however, will bring performance almost up to par with the PS3."

"I know, you want details, but all I can confirm is split-screen on PS3 only."

"I can't conclude one way or the other why the split-screen mode was not available on 360, but I assume by the drop in on-screen objects on the PS3 that the 360 just couldn't handle it."

9.3/10

http://www.cgreviews.com/

iceatcs

pre-order PS3 as well, dunno do with my pre-ordered 360 version because split screen is deadly important to me. I got 4 brothers :S

Hope bullshit. Both verison should equal.

MoeB

Split screen and smooth fps are very important to me. I'm going to cancel my 360 pre-order that I never made because I don't have a 360.

Jonsend

TheGreatDave said:
Split screen. I have been wondering whether to change to PS3, I don't want to pay to be able to play online but I do want the DLC. Having split screen and free online would topple me over to PS3, especially if the game is a as smooth as is claimed here. Then it could just be bullshit.

Surfheart

Riding in a Taxi is awesome. You'll spend your first twenty or so trips admiring the city from the cab. Remember the car ride in Call of Duty 4? This is equally as engaging, if not more so. Seeing the world like this, hustling and bustling, living their digital lives…it makes a bullet to their head an extra level of satisfaction.

That sounds awesome :D

Mrbob

I hope the install scenerio isn't true.

[Mike Gundy] THAT AIN'T TRUE![/Mike Gundy]

Might decide what version to buy. I will not be spending another 180 dollars on a 120GB MS approved hdd to play this game at optimal settings.

I don't berieve.

Tntnnbltn

Synless said:
I'm not either, I'm getting the ps3 version anyways but something about that article screams fanboy bullshit.
You will like the Xbox 360 version of this game. You will like the PS3 version of this game. Technically, they are the same! However, there are some minor variations. To make these variations easier to read through, I will write 360 specific comments in RED (since the 360 is famous for the color red, haha) and PS3 comments in Blu (see what I did there?).
I second the vote for fanboy bullshit.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Counting heads?

Man I dunno, this just has too much fanboy stink on it to be real.

FrankT

What, 360 disk installation, awesomesauce.

But, as said above, somewhat doubting. Probably lockable without a second source really. First time we've heard that.

tak

MalevolentPanda said:
So this review is the only thing on his whole site? Obviously bullshit.
I don't think anyone in this thread is clicking on the link to look at the website.

"but I assume by the drop in on-screen objects on the PS3 that the 360 just couldn't handle it."

This makes me question it alone. I thought we were all passed this stuff.

antiloop

Splitscreen?!

Riding in a Taxi is awesome. You'll spend your first twenty or so trips admiring the city from the cab. Remember the car ride in Call of Duty 4? This is equally as engaging, if not more so. Seeing the world like this, hustling and bustling, living their digital lives…it makes a bullet to their head an extra level of satisfaction.

This was about the best thing with COD4. Nice!

Ariexv

You guys seriously we would only hear about something like Split screen being Ps3 exclusive and Disc installs only 3 weeks before launch? When there's been half a dozen other people who have been confirmed for actually playing the game and not mentioned that even once?

Spirit3

Read the fine print children. The review is based on previews. Eg, trailers and TV ads. This review is a load of crock basically.

KZObsessed

Sounds like BS to me.

Tho I didn't know GTAIV was going to have split-screen multiplayer, I've tried to avoid most GTAIV info til release, but that's a nice surprise.

Chaucer

i like how every time a huge game is about to come out, there's a bullshit gaming site no one has heard about with a review before everyone else.

Sykra

Ariexv said:
You guys seriously we would only hear about something like Split screen being Ps3 exclusive and Disc installs only 3 weeks before launch? When there's been half a dozen other people who have been confirmed for actually playing the game and not mentioned that even once?

Maybe they aren't allowed to say anything?

Top Bottom