• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Possible GTA 4 Preview Review Review?

McLovin said:
I hope the review isn't true though. I don't want the cops to spawn. I was hoping they would come in real time in gta4.

yeah, they said firetrucks and ambulances come real-time from stations / hospitals. ultimately it doesn't really matter that much to me- the fun starts when they get there.

oh and this sounds like bullshit to me. splitscreen?

Z_Y

Tntnnbltn said:
I second the vote for fanboy bullshit.

Thirded. And the douche gets a thread for this shit...which is exactly the kind of attention he wanted. Meanwhile good guys like Bob Saget are overlooked daily on GAF. Sad.

Too much comparing between versions for me to consider this legit to be honest. I'll wait for sources with credibility.

mentalfloss said:
Wow, this is the first time a multiplat game has slowdown on 360 and not PS3.

This article sounds positive for the PS3, so logically it isn't true. Don't worry about it.

2akml50.jpg

TheOddOne

the whole text is weird though. One moment he says ''On the 360, this installation is optional if you have a hard drive. I advise to proceed with installation—it reduces the already minimal frame rate issues on the 360.'' and then ''The 360 also suffers from some frame rate drops that are almost non-existent on the PS3. Installing the 360 version on your system's hard drive, however, will bring performance almost up to par with the PS3.''. Waiiiit did he play the xbox version without installation first and then with installation? So in there is no diffrence?

oompa

cgreviews.com said:
NOTE: Geez...Posted just 6 hours ago, and I've already got hate mail! Let me clarify a few things. First, the build I previewed was dated 2/21/08. I finished the entire game (and have been playing it since). Second, the 360's issues appear to be bugs, hence the disclaimer below. Third, I'm not a PS3 fanboy. The PS3 doesn't have any good titles (except for Uncharted), so how can someone be a fanboy? I'm purposefully harder on the 360 version because I've been called a 360 fanboy in the past. There's no winning here! Fourth, I've added a counter. When/If this page can rack up 500,000 hits, I'll post more detail in a *SPOILERS* section to further legitimize it.

FFChris

oompa said:

He completed it a month and a half ago? I thought the first person to beat it was the IGN guy in late March. Or was that MGS4..

I didn't even think R* sent out early preview disks.

NOTE: Geez...Posted just 6 hours ago, and I've already got hate mail! Let me clarify a few things. First, the build I previewed was dated 2/21/08. I finished the entire game (and have been playing it since). Second, the 360's issues appear to be bugs, hence the disclaimer below. Third, I'm not a PS3 fanboy. The PS3 doesn't have any good titles (except for Uncharted), so how can someone be a fanboy? I'm purposefully harder on the 360 version because I've been called a 360 fanboy in the past. There's no winning here! Fourth, I've added a counter. When/If this page can rack up 500,000 hits, I'll post more detail in a *SPOILERS* section to further legitimize it.

I lol'd at first trying to prove the credibility of his claims by saying that he's more of a 360 fanboy than anything, then showing that he's only doing this for the hits in the very same paragraph.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Guh... what a bunch of shenanigans. I want the PS3 version to be good, but not at the expense of the 360 version, this sounds like complete horse shit. Part of me wants to keep clicking just to see what happens when he hits that magic number of 500,000 hits.

Dever

Banned
bigmakstudios said:
I lol'd at first trying to prove the credibility of his claims by saying that he's more of a 360 fanboy than anything, then showing that he's only doing this for the hits in the very same paragraph.

Yeah, what the hell.

Firewire

Banned
Looks really bogus to me. And why is the site one page with no links, no past articles or anything, it even looks like & reads like fanboy work.

Synless

I've been wondering this for a long time. What good does a ton of hits do you as a website of everyone figures out your site is shit and won't go back to it again anyways?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Can some nice poster do me a favour? I'v had amedia blackout on GTA IV and now I have no idea about any of it besides there's going to be some kind of online play?

Can someone either tell me whatthey know about multiplayer or link me to a good article with info about it? There's so much GTA info out there its annoying having to dig through it all only to find it doesn't talk about online or multiplayer at all.

Is there any co-op or is it just deathmatch style?

First GTA game I'm hyped for since GTA III

Firewire

Banned
Deepblue said:
Installing to 360 hard-drive means this article is bunk. I'm surprised more people didn't catch that.

Aren't there a couple of 360 games that give you the option or that are mandatory? I remember hearing something about FF game that required it?

Bossman

Deepblue said:
Installing to 360 hard-drive means this article is bunk. I'm surprised more people didn't catch that.

GTA4 is such a huge game that hard drive install could be totally true.

newsguy

Half of this crap sounds false. If any of you trust a site with one review that reeks of fanboyism I have a bridge to sell you. Based on the previews I've read the gameplay stuff he talks about sounds like BS.

RumFore

Banned
kaizoku said:
Can some nice poster do me a favour? I'v had amedia blackout on GTA IV and now I have no idea about any of it besides there's going to be some kind of online play?

Can someone either tell me whatthey know about multiplayer or link me to a good article with info about it? There's so much GTA info out there its annoying having to dig through it all only to find it doesn't talk about online or multiplayer at all.

There is 80 page thread dedicated to the game plus a few smaller ones. Do a search.

Uncle

Firewire said:
Aren't there a couple of 360 games that give you the option or that are mandatory? I remember hearing something about FF game that required it?

IIRC, MMOs are excluded from the rule.

Xrenity said:
Probably fake?

Come the fuck on. Just look at that website. It has only one page, the GTA review one.

And the pics are all hosted @ gtanet.com
This.

Blatant. Utter. Bull. Shit.

This thread should be locked, less this "reviewer" get more hits.

pr0cs

All this article suggests is that there will be much bloodshed when GTA4 is released and if any platform runs better than another.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Uncle said:
IIRC, MMOs are excluded from the rule.

I'm not saying I believe this junk is true. It's not (this article I mean).

However, MS has shown it will bend and lift rules if certain developers bitch about it. For example, XBLA size limit rule was bent for Capcom and SSF2 HD Remix. If Rockstar wants an optional HD install, they will get it. Period.

Sandman7

Is the whole 'review' in the OP? Someone copy and paste the whole thing here so we can laugh at it and call it bullshit without giving them any hits.

Wow at anyone who actually believes this. Split screen? For GTA? 360 can't handle open world geometry after having played Crackdown?

Come on.

RumFore said:
Why would anyone take there time to write a fake review?

Fourth, I've added a counter. When/If this page can rack up 500,000 hits, I'll post more detail in a *SPOILERS* section to further legitimize it.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Another_visitor said:
I say it's BS for the simple reason that Rockstar wouldn't even let a no name site look at the game, let alone let them have the first review.

I wonder how long it will be before the Rockstar Ninjas, Lawyers and Ninja Lawyers take him down.

kaizoku said:

GTA4.net has a good rundown of everything we know about multiplayer. Check it out here. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Wow smells like bullshit. Its like that review was written by Sony Defense Force.

Can we lock this ? :lol

I mean, what the fuck is that website anyway, looks like some attempt to troll to me.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
RumFore said:
There is 80 page thread dedicated to the game plus a few smaller ones. Do a search.

that being the problem I describe in my post.

I dont want to know everything, I just want to extrapolate some multiplayer info. Can't see any mention of it from my brief searches on ign, 1up etc. Has there even been any play tests?

Top Bottom