• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Possible GTA 4 Preview Review Review?

I posited this about a month ago but found my cries for help lost in a tide of s not unlike a BallPit in your local McDonald's restaurant.

I personally don't understand it at all. 360's game library is still far and away better than PS3's, and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

Mojovonio said:
Eh, I guess you gotta just accept it and move on.

I have to stop posting in sales threads too. Its a horrible habit.

While I'd never stoop to fighting fire with fire and just :lol it up with the worst of them, I just don't have it in me to be able to just let some completely knuckleheaded post go without saying something.

It's my curse. Too many SuperHero comics, I suppose. But injustice can never win.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BenjaminBirdie said:
I posited this about a month ago but found my cries for help lost in a tide of :lol s not unlike a BallPit in your local McDonald's restaurant.

was there poo in the ballpit

Mojovonio

Banned
I've been frequenting 1up's boards more lately. They're not perfect, but it takes a thread longer to descend to shit than GAF.

The reasons I joined this forum are pretty much non-existent at this point, so its been harder to stick to it.

LAMBO

PS3 vs 360, who cares did you even read this:

"It's also a bit disappointing that law enforcement actually spawns. The game would feel much more realistic if cops had to call for back up, and patrol cars would actually drive to your location from a few blocks away before joining the fun. But that's not how it works. A handful of cops will appear out of nowhere (on the 360, they actually pop-in if you didn't do the install)."

BOOOO, there's only 2 things i think the GTA games needed, 1. Better shooting and fighting, 2. Cars and people not magically appearing (especially cops). I wanted to be able to see them coming from far off, not magically appear like all the 3d GTA's

LAMBO said:
PS3 vs 360, who cares did you even read this:

"It's also a bit disappointing that law enforcement actually spawns. The game would feel much more realistic if cops had to call for back up, and patrol cars would actually drive to your location from a few blocks away before joining the fun. But that's not how it works. A handful of cops will appear out of nowhere (on the 360, they actually pop-in if you didn't do the install)."

BOOOO, there's only 2 things i think the GTA games needed, 1. Better shooting and fighting, 2. Cars and people not magically appearing (especially cops). I wanted to be able to see them coming from far off, not magically appear like all the 3d GTA's

Dude, did you miss the part where this "review" was bullshit?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
LAMBO said:

72uecn.gif

BenjaminBirdie said:
I posited this about a month ago but found my cries for help lost in a tide of :lol s not unlike a BallPit in your local McDonald's restaurant.

I think the 360 hate threads / posts of late have RRODed.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hunter D said:
Any of you guys mind explaining what role it plays in the movie?

You HAVE to watch that movie, it rules.

Guy has short term memory, so he makes tattoos on himself to remember important stuff, takes lots of Polaroid pictures to remember who is who (and if he should trust them or not, etc.). One of my favorite movies ever.

OK...

NOTE TO FANS:

In light of all that has transpired within the last 24 hours, I have reached an agreement with certain parties to pull my initial review of Grand Theft Auto 4. I have not been forced to do this. I did not acquire my previews of Grand Theft Auto 4 under any non-disclosure agreement. I have removed my initial review pending the receipt of a final build of GTA4. When received (estimated arrival 4/8/08), I intend to play the retail version on each platform and restructure my review accordingly. Please note that I was not contacted by Rockstar to remove my review. Rockstar is awesome, and takes good care of their gamers.

CowboyAstronaut said:
I would like for the install stuff on the 360 to be true.

I'm pretty sure any game is allowed an optional HD install, but it's got to be capable of running without it for core owners. IIRC only MMORPGS are allowed mandatory HD installs.

MoeB said:
Split screen and smooth fps are very important to me. I'm going to cancel my 360 pre-order that I never made because I don't have a 360.
You're being sarcastic, but they actually ARE important to me and I have both consoles. If this is true I will definitely be changing my preorder from 360 to PS3 that I DID make because I DO have a 360.

Ryu1999

BenjaminBirdie said:
*yark*

What movie is that, where the dude gets shot in the BallPit? Like, in the foot? He's hiding there and they do that to flush him out?

Out Of Sight, maybe?

I think there was a scene like that in Traffic as well

xaosslug

haven't read through the thread, has this been confirmed for realz or bunk? Because, if that slpit screen bit is real... um. Err, HOLY SHIT, CO-OP, WHATWHATWHATWHAT?!?

Lakitu

st5fu
Couldn't care about the differences, I am getting this for 360 (as I don't have a PS3). Also couldn't care about co-op or whatever, GTA to me is about single player. Though Crackdown co-op was awesome.

Truespeed

His thoughts on the implementation of the Euphoria middleware were interesting. But, I digress, it would be hilarious if his statements turned out to be true. It would certainly make quite a few people, in this thread, look like dumbasses.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Website said:
NOTE TO FANS:

In light of all that has transpired within the last 24 hours, I have reached an agreement with certain parties to pull my initial review of Grand Theft Auto 4. I have not been forced to do this. I did not acquire my previews of Grand Theft Auto 4 under any non-disclosure agreement. I have removed my initial review pending the receipt of a final build of GTA4. When received (estimated arrival 4/8/08), I intend to play the retail version on each platform and restructure my review accordingly. Please note that I was not contacted by Rockstar to remove my review. Rockstar is awesome, and takes good care of their gamers.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Lakitu said:
Couldn't care about the differences, I am getting this for 360 (as I don't have a PS3). Also couldn't care about co-op or whatever, GTA to me is about single player. Though Crackdown co-op was awesome.

Dont worry, the article is bullshit.

FirewalkR

Worthier threads than this have been locked in an earlier stage of their lives. I mean, it's not even delivering in the gif department!

besada

Banned
Psychotext said:
This thread really needs a lock or a title change.

It's a good way to identify the dumbest of the Gaffers. IE: Those still coming in and responding as if it were a real article.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The thread title was changed you dumbasses. What do you think a preview review review is?

If you can read the first post, surely you can fucking read the thread title.

sp0rsk said:
The thread title was changed you dumbasses. What do you think a preview review review is?

If you can read the first post, surely you can fucking read the thread title.
I figured that was the OP being strange... doesn't exactly shout out that the story is bullshit does it? Well, no... obviously not given half the posts.

Awntawn

Hunter D said:
Any of you guys mind explaining what role it plays in the movie?
The main character in the movie has no short term memory, so he writes notes to himself to help him remember things. On the back of the photo of Teddy, he writes,

"Do not believe his lies!"

Top Bottom