• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Saints Row: The Third Review

Amagon

Apparently, I got my key code? from THQ for Saints Row The Third. (No key code to be found) but I preorder the 360 version. Top of that, I preorder the game with a credit card that was lost so I'm hoping the email I sent to their support could help me fix this situation or I have to reorder again.

OneLetter said:
I have zero control over any of that, so you'll need to talk to THQ CS. I'd help if I could, but there's nothing I can do to help except direct you to their contact info, which I assume you already have since you placed an order.

I figured, thanks for quick response again.

EDIT: Problem solved. Accidentally placed two orders. :lol

bigboss370 said:
it'll do :p

what's taking MMRasu so long? is he attempting a huge OT or something? no offense but i could have one up in no time.

A few other people wanted to take the task as well. I liked the ideas of an unconventional OT. An all gif OT would be really fitting for this.

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
A few other people wanted to take the task as well. I liked the ideas of an unconventional OT. An all gif OT would be really fitting for this.

while thats a cool idea, its not really feasible or accessible to have an all gif OT.

some more gifs for the OT:

shotgunnuts.gif

saintsFLOW.gif

gatstab.gif

tumblr_ltcvqaZrdQ1r0qk0vo1_500.gif

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
bigboss370 said:
it'll do :p

what's taking MMRasu so long? is he attempting a huge OT or something? no offense but i could have one up in no time.

Skyrim..but he said he will post it/finish it tomorrow

so just calm down and just wait people.

Just pre ordered today from amazon in the UK. Thank god its not that expansive to get the game shipped to Germany :) I hate how they cencored the german verion ... at least they all get the Genki stuff for free ^^

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
RaGMasTeR90 said:
Just pre ordered today from amazon in the UK. Thank god its not that expansive to get the game shipped to Germany :) I hate how they cencored the german verion ... at least they all get the Genki stuff for free ^^

What kind of censorship?does the German version have no guns or something?

Artadius

Totobeni said:
Skyrim..but he said he will post it/finish it tomorrow

so just calm down and just wait people.

How is he playing Skyrim already? Is he press?

He shouldn't be doing the Saints Row OT if he's busy with something else.

Totobeni said:
What kind of censorship?does the German version have no guns or something?

The "whored" mode is not in the game, if you attack people, the police will be there sooner, you wont get money or any stat tracking for killing dudes and you can only play online with germans. I think all guns/missions are equal to the other versions but it might as well be that some missions got removed :/ I guess that will come public when the game is out.

THE NO LIFE KING said:
Apparently, I got my key code? from THQ for Saints Row The Third. (No key code to be found) but I preorder the 360 version. Top of that, I preorder the game with a credit card that was lost so I'm hoping the email I sent to their support could help me fix this situation or I have to reorder again.

I got that e-mail too so I'm confused if that means they shipped it or what as I too ordered the 360 version. Also I'm worried because I thought it says under your order if you got the pre-order bonus and so on when I ordered it when they announced that deal for the season pass. Hopefully I still get that, just have to wait and see.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Artadius said:
How is he playing Skyrim already? Is he press?

Many people have the game already ( see Skyrim OT/GAF's pick up thread) broken street date, stores in other countries that don't care..ect

He shouldn't be doing the Saints Row OT if he's busy with something else

OTs are like a Japanese tea ceremony you need to fill with your soul and create it with love so if you are not playing games and enjoying you life during the making of the sacred OT then you don't have the soul require to make OTs and the OT will not be good.

I preordered my Saints Row 3 from Amazon Direct Download (PC obviously) because it was $39.99 instead of $49.99 and it's Steamworks anyway.

No code or email saying anything yet.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Totobeni said:
Many people have the game already ( see Skyrim OT/GAF's pick up thread) broken street date, stores in other countries that don't care..ect

OTs are like a Japanese tea ceremony you need to fill with your soul and create it with love so if you are not playing games and enjoying you life during the making of the sacred OT then you don't have the soul require to make OTs and the OT will not be good.
I think stumbling in to make a last minute OT after an unspeakably debauched weekend bender would be more in the spirit of SR3.

Here is the OT of which I dream, enjoy.
---------------

Saints Row: The Third |OT| Dildos. Dildos Everywhere.

----

bxp2J.jpg

----

Official Facts for Saints Row: The Third - Dildo Edition (4x Official Multiplier)

Dildo Pic Gallery, Unnecessary Gif Edition

Z7xBf.gif

YMuso.gif

Z4pYp.gif

Non-Dildo Facts
  • Saints Row 3 is available on PC, PS3, and X360
  • Game is getting decent early reviews pretty much so game looks solid I guess

Ploid 3.0

Thing about OTs is I don't think the OP is as important as people make it out to be. Just add more info later and more of the stuff you planned to put in it. So much new stuff is coming out on this game that we are jumping all over the place to find out which thread it's in, or which thread is appropriate to post it in.

When the final list of activities is up you could just name them in the OP, with description for example.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I still like the idea of the OP being nothing but the release date, random GIFs, and links to videos/trailers to be the best idea.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
XiaNaphryz said:
I still like the idea of the OP being nothing but the release date, random GIFs, and links to videos/trailers to be the best idea.

true but thats cuz you GET the ROW..for those others..they might need some text

Yeah, a tastefully minimalistic OT should not be considered a requirement for this game. It would almost be inappropriate.

Edit: Then again, a bunch of flashing Comic Sans and clip art marquees around all text with nothing but links to google images might be appropriate too.

Keasar

Fine Ham Abounds said:
Yeah, a tastefully minimalistic OT should not be considered a requirement for this game. It would almost be inappropriate.
Minimalistic, but still shocking, with some links to classical music just to balance it out.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SR3 has more craziness than just dildos.

filling it with dildo gifs and dildo jokes will just do more harm than good for people who don't know about Saints Row 3 and visit the thread to read about it.

Ploid 3.0

Imagine if the guy making the OT was a enemy trolling SR3. That would be a master stroke. "Too busy playing skyrim. Don't make the OT in my place."

At least he let us know he was still doing it, that was nice.

Edit: yeah I don't like the whole dildo thing in SR3. It always made me cringe.

UrbanRats

Wasn't Mmrasu doing this? How much time left till realese? I'd may be up to do something, i guess.
Or is someone else doing it at this point?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ploid 3.0 said:
Imagine if the guy making the OT was a enemy trolling SR3. That would be a master stroke. "Too busy playing skyrim. Don't make the OT in my place."

At least he let us know he was still doing it, that was nice.

Edit: yeah I don't like the whole dildo thing in SR3. It always made me cringe.

Dude is a huge fan of SR series since the start who also made the SR2 OT ( which was pretty good).
http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=337783

UrbanRats said:
Wasn't Mmrasu doing this? How much time left till realese? I'd may be up to do something, i guess.

yes and he said it should be done tomorrow.

How much time left till realese?

the 18th for Britannia Empire and the 15th of this month for the America Kingdom..so plenty of time

Ploid 3.0

Omg the moment they found it was priceless. Giant Bomb +5

Totobeni said:
Dude is a huge fan of SR series since the start who also made the SR2 OT ( which was pretty good).
http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=337783

I started to put "I'm not serious about the troll thing" at the end of my post there but I thought it was implied as I looked it over. I just thought it would have been a master stroke if someone took OP claim on a game to have fun with the wait. Like CoD vs BF.

Teknoman said:
Whats up with Amazon says the PC download version will be availible at 10 am on November 11th? Just the key?

That's just when preloading starts. Game is Steamworks, so game will go up Nov. 15th at Valve o'Clock.

Ploid 3.0

PC so I have to wait until 15 :(

A new PC disadvantage. Do GFWL let you play urley? Is it just steam and other dd stores that will now let you download until release date? I'd buy at the store if I could play early. Darn you steamworks disk games.

Top Bottom