• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshots for Capcom's Breath of Fire 6 [Up: Full Details In OP]

Jawmuncher

If they cared about their fans at all they would at least bring the Breath of Fire IV PC port to steam. At least give them something to lessen the pain.

wrowa

I like the way it's looking nothing like a BoF game at all. Why are they calling it BoF when the game seems to share no similarities?

Jeesus

Its so much worse than I could of imagined

Not a single thing resembles Breath Of Fire at all

WHY call it Breath of Fire 6?

They clearly wanted to kill the brand for good

I like the way it's looking nothing like a BoF game at all. Why are they calling it BoF when the game seems to share no similarities?

Brand recognition? Their treatment of the franchise over the years has shown they don't give a shit about it so why worry about using it's name to try and get a few extra sales.

I'm trying to wrap my head around them calling this Breath of Fire 6. The target audience clearly isn't fans of the original games. They could have called it just about anything. I wouldn't be surprised if this was never meant to be a BoF game.

I don't even know why they felt the need to use 'Breath of Fire' for this, does the franchise name still hold weight after all these years that it was better to call it BOF6 than just let it be a new IP?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
VqyNifH.jpg

maple_story_conceptart_Ph6dK.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
I don't even know why they felt the need to use 'Breath of Fire' for this, does the franchise name still hold weight after all these years that it was better to call it BOF6 than just let it be a new IP?

Maybe they're so creatively bankrupt they can't even come up with game names anymore. Wouldn't surprise me.

Robin64

Calling it Breath of Fire 6 is the insulting part. Could have come up with something else, but suggesting this is part of the main line of games? Ugh.

Jawmuncher

Calling it Breath of Fire 6 is the insulting part. Could have come up with something else, but suggesting this is part of the main line of games? Ugh.

Agreed.
If they were so intent on calling it Breath of Fire.
Should've been something like Breath of Fire: Kingdoms or some other generic name.

Ferrio

Banned
As a huge BoF fan I'm personally really looking forward to playing this. Better than no game whatsoever. Can't wait.

Really have to question how huge of a fan you are if you're looking forward to shovelware you can find heaploads already on mobile.

tauke

For some reason... I can see folks around me who loves free to play game will download it on their iOS and Android devices because it's free to play. /crai

wrowa

BoF name will generate at least some intrest as opposed to new IP.

Brand recognition isn't always a good thing, though. The people who recognize the brand will also recognize that this has nothing in common with the BoF series at all. I'm not sure if it's a good thing when people will only pay attention to it because of a small shitstorm.

Its almost a deliberate slap to the face for fans

Then again do people in Japan still hold a special place in their hearts for Breath of Fire like we do?

Velcro Fly

This one is firmly in the category of "so bad that I can't help but maintain interest to see how bad it is when it releases"

Still doesn't make sense why they'd use the game. Anyone that can recognize the brand doesn't want this PoS.

They might not know what it is. They just want people who have heard of the name before to give the game a look.

I think it's a bit silly really. The BOF brand name isn't that strong and won't bring many people in. Being the 6th entry in a franchise may turn some new comers off though. Almost seems like a waste of time naming it BOF6.

It's got beastmen and half-beast waifs. Apparently, Capcom thinks that's the core concept of the BoF series and expects fans to respond to that over anything else. At this point, I'm starting to suspect that Capcom bases their business decisions on the amount of fanart that is made for a series, and what the majority of that fanart is about, rather than what they're actually told by fans.

tino

Banned
So now that Inafune is gone who is the Capcom creative figure head we can shit on for these nonsenes?

The reason it's still called Breath of Fire is because of Puzzle and Dragons.

Puzzles and Dragons is literally ruining gaming

regardless of whether its an actually decent game or not

Now everyone has dollar signs in their eyes. Maybe Ebert was right to denounce games as an art form

Japan is certainly straying far away from that level of quality...

Ferrio

Banned
It's got beastmen and half-beast waifs. Apparently, Capcom thinks that's the core concept of the BoF series and expects fans to respond to that over anything else. At this point, I'm starting to suspect that Capcom bases their business decisions on the amount of fanart that is made for a series, and what the majority of that fanart is about, rather than what they're actually told by said fans.

The amount of rule 34 chun li pictures out there disproves this theory.

vareon

Any hopes that this will be a more traditional sort of BoF game but on mobile and PC goes right out of the window with the preview.

- No "complex command menus" for combat
- "Fast and intuitive" touch controls
- You create a character and control him in realtime, there are AI-driven party members
- Timing based combo attacks

:(

kbtV8zN.gif

Top Bottom