• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Set Images of Hollywood's Monster Hunter Movie

DrzccwaWwAARSSg.jpg

DrzcdIlXQAAZ3q7.jpg

DrzcdieXcAAyMID.jpg

yeah....

Fbh

Looks like how I pictured a hollywood MH adapation.

"When in doubt about how to adapt something just put the US army in there, if you can make it so a soldier is either the main character or at least important to the plot". Worked for Transformers and Godzilla

In this case I'm thankful Nintendo is protective of its franchises and their often family friendly appeal because if not detective Pikachu would have somehow been about soldiers too.

Pretty sure I saw these last week.

Not sure why fans are flipping their shit, though. It's Paul WS Anderson. What else did you expect?

Mr Hyde

As soon as I saw Jovovich I knew Paul Anderson was attached to the directors chair. Must he put her in all of his movies? Is that some kind of deal when you get married in Hollywood?

Javthusiast

Banned
That looks like a movie from the Resident Evil director featuring his wife alright.

This will be a dumpsterfire when it comes to a faithful adaptation.

Will it be at least a fun movie on it‘s own? Who knows.

John Day

According to an article i read today, the premise is that a unit of soldiers from our Earth end up in an alternate universe where the world is full of monsters (like the game). There Milla’s character meets a hunter (Tony Jaa) and somehow get entangled in some plot or other involving the monsters.

Aparently Milla learns and trains to use the weapons and skills hunters use.

So there’s that.

badblue

According to an article i read today, the premise is that a unit of soldiers from our Earth end up in an alternate universe where the world is full of monsters (like the game). There Milla’s character meets a hunter (Tony Jaa) and somehow get entangled in some plot or other involving the monsters.

Aparently Milla learns and trains to use the weapons and skills hunters use.

So there’s that.

That just makes it sound worse.

20cent

Banned
Never played any MH games, but that's not how I'd imagine it. /s
Plus it seems too niche of a game (despite MH-W sales I believe) for a Hollywood adaptation, considering the amount of CGI this will require. Or maybe it'll be on par with RE movies then...yeah.
Fake edit: ha, of course, just saw it was a Paul w.s Anderson movie...nevermind then.

As soon as I saw Jovovich I knew Paul Anderson was attached to the directors chair. Must he put her in all of his movies? Is that some kind of deal when you get married in Hollywood?
It's smart honestly. Director makes billion dollar grossing series of movies. Puts his wife in them, eventually resulting in justification for a high talent fee, all flows back into their pockets. They're laughing all the way to the bank.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
gonna be like that movie where there are dragons in modern times

cant be arsed to google the name

Greedings

I’m not trying to be cool and edgy, I’m being genuine:

Why do you guys give a shit about Hollywood? They don’t do anything worthwhile anymore.

mcz117chief

As a big fan of Monster Hunter I am looking forward to this a lot. I really enjoy Mila's acting style and all the others I have seen, who are in this movie, look like fine actors too so I am very excited about this.

Last edited:

Shifty

Good to see them making proper use of the rich and vibrant world capcom have built for the monster hunter series. /s

Meanwhile, japanese soft drink commercials are showing us how it's really done:

Last edited:
Top Bottom