• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Time Playing A FarCry Game And .. I made a mistake

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Never ever played a FarCry game .. whenever I see the gameplay and trailers I just don’t want to play it ..

OMG .. are you fucking kidding me ?

FarCry 5 is just so good in every aspect the gorgeous Living world, the graphics and the gameplay is so so good .. what I like the most is how the world run with everything around you ... you want to help people or just pass them or even kill Them ( sometimes feels good don’t judge ) ...

the ways to travel is also good you wanna go by car or bike or plane or a goddamn helicopter.. it’s up to you

I’m really amazed by it .. still didn’t finish it but man what a game

Sometimes we judged a game without playing it first and that’s my mistake but when you try it .. it’s different than what you thought

Agree?

I agree that it was a total pain in the ass that pilots could instantly recognise me, regardless of where I am, and immediately strafe me like it was their job. Which it wasn't. They're pilots.

It was a pretty good game, with some really stupid parts.

Kenpachii

Never ever played a FarCry game .. whenever I see the gameplay and trailers I just don’t want to play it ..

OMG .. are you fucking kidding me ?

FarCry 5 is just so good in every aspect the gorgeous Living world, the graphics and the gameplay is so so good .. what I like the most is how the world run with everything around you ... you want to help people or just pass them or even kill Them ( sometimes feels good don’t judge ) ...

the ways to travel is also good you wanna go by car or bike or plane or a goddamn helicopter.. it’s up to you

I’m really amazed by it .. still didn’t finish it but man what a game

Sometimes we judged a game without playing it first and that’s my mistake but when you try it .. it’s different than what you thought

Agree?

I had it with ac origin, i like egyptian stuff but never really went through it as it looked boring gameplay wise to me. Then once i was bored i was like lets just do a playthrough and see what happens specially after pharaoh dlc came out really wanted to see that. Ended up liking it so much i 100% the game. Ended up getting odyssey hoped to get the same thing going but i hated the base game. However i played through the DLC which attracted me more and at the end i really liked the dlc's. God that atlantis dlc is so dam good and visually amazing.

Ended up 100% it at the end, even while its a chore. Still can't wait to see there next game.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
It's hard to beat Far Cry if you're looking for a big playground to jump around and have fun in. Those games are packed full of mad stuff and it all works to a competent level.

I really enjoyed 5.

LMJ

So here's the thing, the formula used by ubi-soft games is actually very well done...
Using towers to unlock other Objectives on the map
The ability to hijack any vehicle, certain creatures.
Taking back strategic points in the map to weaken the enemy
the farming, the crafting...all of this stuff works pretty well...

For many though, this is part of the problem, Ubisoft continues to recycle this very formula the reason some people are put off a far cry is because ever since far cry 3 It has followed a very similar kind of formula, and many of who their open world games and let's be honest many other open world games (Horizon Zero Dawn) follow a very similar formula, IE series/open world fatigue...

That having been said there is a special quality to the Far Cry games, and Far Cry V was definitely a fun game I played it thoroughly lol, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it :)

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I know some of you have played the previous games and sound repetitive but this is actually my first game .. maybe some elements there are really the same in other games but the world and how it works .. it’s really a good fun game

You'll probably really like 3 and 4, too. I can't remember which one I preferred. I think 3. I have a vague recollection of the second half of 4 being a bit of an anti climax.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I know some of you have played the previous games and sound repetitive but this is actually my first game .. maybe some elements there are really the same in other games but the world and how it works .. it’s really a good fun game

Make some wild stuff happen. Lure a bear into an enemy camp and then set it on fire. Go nuts, it's great fun.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Beyond Good & Evil?

You can't really compare an old school ubisoft game with the modern games they MAKE. And the sequel isn't even out yet.

Since the first assassins creed ubisoft game has stalled in evolution.

Erdrick

I've only ever played the Blood Dragon spinoff from some 7 years ago or so but I absolutely loved that flavour of the series. Never bothered with it much else as I'm not a fan of First Person games too much unless they have something that really appeals to me.

Top Bottom