• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Too Human Review-93/100

Won

Philthy said:
A 7/10 is pretty much a very good score to have for a game. The only way he'll lose is if we see 1 through 3s across the board I think.

In these days it is more likely for a game to get a 10 than a 9. A 7 is just horrible. Thats the reason why numbers are worthless to begin with and why they should be ignored. But GAF loves number threads, so yeah.......

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Always-honest said:
dennis: hi, i'd like to pre-order 1 million copies of Too Human...

:lol :lol :lol too much *with a changed tone... and he called microsoft.*

Psychotext said:
Interestingly enough... it appears the demo caused more cancellations than new pre-orders.

how do you check for that?

Mifune

Mehmber
Psychotext said:
Interestingly enough... it appears the demo caused more cancellations than new pre-orders.

Nah. If this report is true (and I think it's bogus) there were something like 550K cancellations versus 720K new preorders. Make sure you count the week after E3.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Always-honest said:
sales person: are you sure mister? cause this game sucks ass.. i read so on NEOGAF

k now what did you have to go and ruin it, just when i started thinking you're funny :/
u get a pass this time

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Mifune said:
Nah. If this report is true (and I think it's bogus) there were something like 550K cancellations versus 720K new preorders.

where do you people get these reports from? (other than the 1 million preorders link)
or do you just forget writing "i think" at the start of each post :/

Mifune

Mehmber
Jinfash said:
where do you people get these reports from? (other than the 1 million preorders link)
or do you just forget writing "i think" at the start of each post :/

They quote the report in the article.

But again, I think it's bogus.

Mifune said:
Nah. If this report is true (and I think it's bogus) there were something like 550K cancellations versus 720K new preorders. Make sure you count the week after E3.
I was using this on its own as it related to the demo specifically:

After the release of the game’s demo a reported 370,000 additional games were preordered, in addition to 495,000 cancellations.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Mifune said:
They quote the report in the article.

But again, I think it's bogus.

just read it. i don't know about the rest of you, but i really can't trust this "mysterious poster over at the Xbox.com forums"

Jinfash said:
just read it. i don't know about the rest of you, but i really can't trust this "mysterious poster over at the Xbox.com forums"
No... but it's more interesting than the usual Too Human discussions. :D

AzureNightmareXE said:
"mysterious xbox.com forum poster" = Denis Dyack?

no, it's this guy:
denis-dyack.jpg

On a related note... I just got a promo email from a UK game retailer (who shall remain nameless) with this at the top:

20t1c0w.jpg

Ooops! :lol

ringlord

Psychotext said:
On a related note... I just got a promo email from a UK game retailer (who shall remain nameless) with this at the top:

20t1c0w.jpg

Sweet! They decided to go cross-platform!

imagine my surprise when i come into the bedroom after taking the browns to the super bowl and i see my girlfriend playing the too human demo. i was/am so proud :D

Psychotext said:

20t1c0w.jpg

LOL either thats a great screw-up or I want my psn Too Human demo now!!!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Won said:
In these days it is more likely for a game to get a 10 than a 9. A 7 is just horrible. Thats the reason why numbers are worthless to begin with and why they should be ignored. But GAF loves number threads, so yeah.......
lol wut? just because gta4 and mgs4 came out this year doesnt make that true at all.

and if you guys dont go by numbers then you'll never have to eat any crow ;_;

Damn, some of you guys ACTUALLY THINK 550k people CANCELED their preorders after the demo?

That means 550k people would to have had preorders for the game when the demo came out, and that alone is a stretch.

I doubt any demo in the world, for any game, no matter how horrible it is, could cause that many people to cancel SOMETHING THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY ALREADY HYPED FOR.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Psychotext said:

20t1c0w.jpg

Oh :lol

FightyF said:
As a former Pole Dancer I will assure you that they are full of shit.

WTF??

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Won

-COOLIO- said:
lol wut? just because gta4 and mgs4 came out this year doesnt make that true at all.

and if you guys dont go by numbers then you'll never have to eat any crow ;_;

Well Dyack compared scores to IQ numbers and called them pointless or something similar...so....blame Dyack! :p

It was also an exaggerated statement.

Tobor

xS1TH L0RDx said:
imagine my surprise when i come into the bedroom after taking the browns to the super bowl and i see my girlfriend playing the too human demo. i was/am so proud :D

This is one of my favorite euphemisms. :lol

PSGames

Ariexv said:
From Games Magazine, a nationally syndicated Greek publication for all gaming platforms
http://toohuman.net/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=53777&catid=2

"Too Human manages to combine the best elements of action and RPG. The result is not only interesting, but of high quality and very fun as well."

"Plus:
Very well written story,impressive graphics, explosive action,deep character development."

"Minus: Static Camera
few AI issues."

General: Too Human puts new standards for the action console games, and wins a seat among the best games of X360.

Is this a reputable magazine? If so I might have to pick this up..

Top Bottom