• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Too Human Review-93/100

PedroRVD said:
I played the demo and it was horrible, I almost cried...I loved Eternal Darkness and I was #1 fan of a new Dyack project......but this demo was so so bad.

/\
What's going on here? Are you exaggerating or generous with numbers?
\/

PedroRVD said:
Judging by the demo I would give it something between 7 - 8

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
[Nintex] said:
I think it would be best if he never returned to GAF. At first he was right with some valid points, and then he had a "meltdown" with his FOR or AGAINST thread and when it backfired he said he was going to shut GAF down. He even digged around the net for Kittonwy's name and location. A sad, sad person indeed and he totally ruined SK's reputation in the process.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster." or something like that

WTF? that is missed up... if true! how do you know if he did or not?

[Nintex] said:
I think it would be best if he never returned to GAF. At first he was right with some valid points, and then he had a "meltdown" with his FOR or AGAINST thread and when it backfired he said he was going to shut GAF down. He even digged around the net for Kittonwy's name and location. A sad, sad person indeed and he totally ruined SK's reputation in the process.

well, i thought it was fun. yeah, for a developer personality it was redicilous and bitter - but from the stand point of a forum meltdown, i think it was priceless. to see a known adult man to behave like a 12-year old fanboy on a message board? something you can't buy for money.

I think there's going to be a wide spread of reviews on this. Haters and lovers will be happy as they'll have plenty of ammunition to go at each other with. :lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
[Nintex] said:

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster." or something like that
Hahaha:lol :lol

That quote is so perfect for that post.

[Nintex] said:

LOL. What the hell does Dyack have against kittonwy and why was he stalking him??
:lol :lol

I think that's the funniest shit I've ever heard. :lol :lol

[Nintex]

BobsRevenge said:
Hahaha:lol :lol

That quote is so perfect for that post.
The Too Human demo starts the same way.
Private Hoffman said:
LOL. What the hell does Dyack have against kittonwy and why was he stalking him??
*sigh*
Lets not derail the thread, I think it had something to do with development of earlier SK games. I've never seen the cat so serious.

Private Hoffman said:

i think kittonwy said that Silicon Knights didn't made Blood Omen or something. bad blood between a former employee and Krazy Dennis.

[Nintex] said:
The Too Human demo starts the same way.

*sigh*
Lets not derail the thread, I think it had something to do with development of earlier SK games. I've never seen the cat so serious.

No, I really got to know this.

Bit-Bit

Whoa, what happened between Dyack and Kittonwy? I only posted in the For or Against thread to ask about Eternal Darkness 2. I had no idea that Dyack had an episode with one of GAF's members.

Mifune

Mehmber
Private Hoffman said:
No, I really got to know this.

He didn't stalk him. He found out from other GAF posts where Kit lived. And then -- GASP -- he invited him to the Too Human release party.

Yall are a bunch of drama queens.

Mifune said:
He didn't stalk him. He found out from other GAF posts where Kit lived. And then -- GASP -- he invited him to the Too Human release party.

I've read a lot of kittonwy posts and I've never seen him post his address and personal information.

Wizpig

Dear GAF, sorry if i interrupt your TH bitching for a minute or two, but i was wondering if US Too Human is region-free?

Private Hoffman said:
I've read a lot of kittonwy posts and I've never seen him post his address and personal information.

maybe dyack made a trap and bought something from kittonwy to get his adress? like some double agent shit.

Doytch

Mifune said:

Yeah, I think Kit said SK didn't make a game, and Denis proved him wrong on GAF. Denis said that it caused some bad blood between them because Denis owned him or something, so when he found out Kit lives around Niagara Falls, DD invited him to the party to make amends.

Not really that interesting, but he talks about it when he was on 1up yours last time.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Oh nooo...

trojan-horse-1.jpeg

Mifune

Mehmber
Private Hoffman said:

Well he didn't post his actual name or address or anything like that.

Seriously, just listen to the podcast. It's not as nefarious as some people claim.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
oh inviting him for a party :lol k that's cool... unless it was a TRAP! come to think of it where IS kittonwy these days!

:x

Tobor

Private Hoffman said:

Anyone who's been around this forum long enough knows where all the high profile posters live. Not street address, just country and region. It's not a big deal.

Mifune said:
Well he didn't post his actual name or address or anything like that.

Seriously, just listen to the podcast. It's not as nefarious as some people claim.

This would require logic and reason, which are on short supply in any Too Human thread.

deepbrown

Tobor said:
Anyone who's been around this forum long enough knows where all the high profile posters live. Not street address, just country and region. It's not a big deal.

This would require logic and reason, which are on short supply in any Too Human thread.
Why pick on a cat. That's a bit mean. Anyway Kittonwy would pwn Dyack, espcially since he's now batman.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Innuit Gaming Today gave it 3 out of 5 iglues. Wait for to go down in price to 4 whale bones instead of 10.

Farnack

Banned
solid2snake said:
i think kittonwy said that Silicon Knights didn't made Blood Omen or something. bad blood between a former employee and Krazy Dennis.
That's as misinformed as Dyack.

I think Kittonwy was crediting the work of Amy Hennig, director of Soul Reaver and Uncharted, to doing work on Blood Omen.

Dyack came out saying she did squat on the game even though she's credited.

It basically boiled down to some lawsuit between Crystal Dynamics and Silicon Knights in which Crystal Dynamics obviously won since they got to continue the Legend of Kain series. Amy Hennig's reputation is far better than Dennis Dyack's for released games.

Tobor

Opus Angelorum said:
Have you taken guidance from a moderator? That thread will be a nightmare.

I'd have to find the quote, but Bish already laid down the law on this. The official thread is bullshit free, or else.

[Nintex]

ToyMachine228 said:
I will be writing the official thread for Too Human this weekend. It'll likely get posted some time next week.
I guess you should wait till the game is released and wait for impressions, the review threads are going to be a battlefield and I think you don't want your official thread to turn into a massacre.

Top Bottom