• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Too Human Review-93/100

GreekWolf

-WindYoshi- said:
Speaking as a Greek, I can assure you this poster is full of shit.
Sorry bud, I wasn't referring to the entire country, only where reviews (games, movies, music) are concerned. :lol

Door2Dawn

Banned
BatmanX said:
ebi02od5.gif

Philthy said:
God I cannot wait for this. This game went from cant wait, to playing the demo and getting pissed and hating it, and then playing the demo more and finding out the game totally rocks.

Give me this game nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

When did it change to "totally rocks"?
I was onboard until I tried the demo. Admit I didn't play through the whole thing but I really didn't like the combat. Should I be going back for more?

Chrange

Banned
McBacon said:
If it was written by Denis Dyack... would it matter?

I'm just saying, it doesn't really seem like it'll matter what site gives the game a good review. It could be 1UP or IGN and the haters here would still find a reason to dismiss it. If some no-name site you've never heard of gives it a 6 or lower, expect to hear tons about that one though. :lol

Ariexv

CitizenCope said:
I was onboard until I tried the demo. Admit I didn't play through the whole thing but I really didn't like the combat. Should I be going back for more?
Yes, tons of people who hated it originally started to absolutely love it the 2nd or 3rd time through, make sure you try the different classes as well.

CitizenCope said:

yes, but drink a bottle of whisky before doing it, you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Ariexv said:
Yes, tons of people who hated it originally started to absolutely love it the 2nd or 3rd time through, make sure you try the different classes as well.

What he said! Played the demo 5 times. Awesome sauce... and I need MOAR!

Mifune

Mehmber
Early European reviews of Lair were incredibly positive too, if I remember correctly.

Let's not get too excited yet.

kurahadol

The demo was alright, I mean, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't by any means ground breaking. I'll pick it up when it becomes discount price, just because I'm a sucker for Diablo-esque loot games. Really can't see this being a top-tier game, but I can't see it being as bad as some people are making it out to be either. I'm just wondering if I'd be able to make it past the horrible story and dialogue, it was gut wrenching in the demo.

Cool. Hopefully others pick up and enjoy the game then. Playing the demo a few times and seeing other content on the game has turned me off it, but if others like it, more power to them.

Philthy

CitizenCope said:

If you were at all interested in this at any point, you owe it to yourself to go back and "unlock" some of the classes. To do this, turn on your console, sign out of Live, then set your time ahead by a year. You'll be able to play the Berzerker and Defender class. Try out the Berzerker. It's a freaking blast.

The main reason that changed my mind? I didn't play the game as a twin stick "shooter". Play the game like you would be playing Geometry Wars. Left stick to move around the screen, and the right stick to aim and attack your enemies. I was constantly tapping the right stick to attack, when all you needed to do was simply hold it in a direction and the character keeps autoattacking everything in sight. SO much fun, especially with the zerker. He moves so fast he's a blur on the screen. My jaw was on the floor.

cann3dheat said:
I'll rent it just to see how the whole game is, but the demo really left a bad taste in my mouth...

yeah, the camera was bad and the battles were a little repetitiv. i guess it's going to be a 7/10 game.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
i hope this review doesn't end up being like Play(TM)'s infamous review of LAIR (i think it was the first review and they awarded it with a 9)

eznark

Banned
Jinfash said:
i hope this review doesn't end up being like Play(TM)'s infamous review of LAIR (i think it was the first review and they awarded it with a 9)

really? cause it seems a lot more like that's exactly what you want it to be

AndresON777

shooting blanks
U K Narayan said:
Gyros are delicious, though!

Anyway, I've already pre-ordered Too Human. It's going to be awesome!

So is fetta cheese I love greek food. Will wait for the other 'real' reviews though, got a 10% coupon for gamestop but that's only 6 bucks off.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Nice. However the first reviews are always the highest.

Chrange said:
I'm just saying, it doesn't really seem like it'll matter what site gives the game a good review. It could be 1UP or IGN and the haters here would still find a reason to dismiss it. If some no-name site you've never heard of gives it a 6 or lower, expect to hear tons about that one though. :lol

The Truth

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
eznark said:
really? cause it seems a lot more like that's exactly what you want it to be

dude, i'm a poor guy who hasn't bought a current-gen console, playing handhelds till the release of jasper, so get off my case.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jinfash said:

Or like Play's infamous review of Sonic

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
93/100? This is blasphemy! This is madness?

Madness?

THIS. IS. OBVIOUS JOKE BASED ON THE NATIONALITY OF THE REVIEWING MAGAZINE.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
grandjedi6 said:
Or like Play's infamous review of Sonic
which sonic and how much did they give it?

EDIT: but we pretty much agree that play's reviews are shit right? :lol

Doubledex

Banned
Ariexv said:
From Games Magazine, a nationally syndicated Greek publication for all gaming platforms
http://toohuman.net/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=53777&catid=2

"Too Human manages to combine the best elements of action and RPG. The result is not only interesting, but of high quality and very fun as well."

"Plus:
Very well written story,impressive graphics, explosive action,deep character development."

"Minus: Static Camera
few AI issues."

General: Too Human puts new standards for the action console games, and wins a seat among the best games of X360.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol:lol :lol :lol

ampere

It looks cool, but I'm not sure I want to get myself into another trilogy...
I hate this trilogy business, there should just be more new IPs!

Top Bottom