• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Too Human Review-93/100

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
oh no please guys, it's too early to turn this thread into this:
wayward archer said:
wmm4gj.jpg

EDIT: ok the thread is 2 pages long now, go crazy :lol

eznark

Banned
The official Too Human thread should be made in the Online forum. Less chance of it getting shitted up by jags who aren't ever planning on playing the game.

eznark said:
The official Too Human thread should be made in the Online forum. Less chance of it getting shitted up by jags who aren't ever planning on playing the game.

Well, there won't be any moderation going on no matter where it is put :(

Chrange

Banned
Mifune said:
Early European reviews of Lair were incredibly positive too, if I remember correctly.

Let's not get too excited yet.

That was Play though, and they were so bad at it they decided to stop giving scores.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Chrange said:
That was Play though, and they were so bad at it they decided to stop giving scores.
:lol :lol :lol really?! man that Lair almost put people out of business.

Doubledex said:
Yeah! Let's just make only one game and no sequels...!
Awesome idea *shakeshead*

The problem with this one, at least the way I see it, is that he already said that the story and all that is already done and planned, and I don't really expect sequels to change the core game engine too much, so why not just make a really long game instead of the 10 to 20 hour game of Too Human? Well, whatever. It is just one of those things that slightly bothers me.

Linkzg said:
The problem with this one, at least the way I see it, is that he already said that the story and all that is already done and planned, and I don't really expect sequels to change the core game engine too much, so why not just make a really long game instead of the 10 to 20 hour game of Too Human? Well, whatever. It is just one of those things that slightly bothers me.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Remember, Dyak think this is his best game. That's like owning a huge plot of land in a heavily desired and populated area and not sub-dividing.

Plus ... the game has already taken long enough to come out.

Sinnoch

Banned
Naruto said:
Everything abou this game seems prette good except its combat system. Such a waste.

The combat system is fine - it takes getting used to. You know, I'm pretty hardcore into video games and yet Ninja Gaiden 2 (and to a lesser extent DMC4) overwhelmed me. Even though those games have hundreds of moves, I ended up spamming the same 2 or 3 moves I could pull off under pressure most of the game. With TH, I have no problem pulling off whatever move I want on demand (except the anti-missile gunfire move). Sure it doesn't have as many moves as Ninja Gaiden, but for a Diablo loot grind game it has plenty of options IMO. I have no problem whatsoever sliding into a juggle on a miniboss, jumping and executing a finisher, boosting him back up in the air with my guns before he falls, and then jumping back up and taking a few more swipes at him in the air.

Once the camera stops bothering you (and Iso helps), the combat starts to be pretty satisfying and fun. Pinballing around, juggling stuff for combo meter - its a pretty good substitute for jamming left click over and over.

Danielsan

Why do people even give a crap about scores these days? Look at GTAIV, 10s across the board, did it deserve? Not by a long shot.

Anyway, I'm sure Dyack is pleased with this news and power to him for that. I still think the demo was a turd.

PedroRVD

yeah, i remember this Matt Cassemassima "let's give these guys a chance" video interview....

Matt in his last preview, basically said that he is sure "this will not be a bad game"....

I played the demo and it was horrible, I almost cried...I loved Eternal Darkness and I was #1 fan of a new Dyack project......but this demo was so so bad.

Judging by the demo I would give it something between 7 - 8 ....but im sure the final experience will be a bit better, so it will be between 8 - 9.

This is an example when a company should not release a demo....this demo scared a lot of people, including me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tenks said:
If a game dev's bar is set to Lair and Haze he has issues

May as well set it to be better than Ninjabread Man

93% is better than a hell of a lot of games. I won't name any specific ones b/c I don't wanna get in a fucken flamewar, but yeah.

Tenks said:
If a game dev's bar is set to Lair and Haze he has issues

May as well set it to be better than Ninjabread Man

btw, is Dennis Dyack banned at GAF? why hasn't he made any more threads about TH and "the GAF"? i would also love to see his reactions about the first reviews.

MrDaravon

BobsRevenge said:
Lair's first review was a 9/10.

There may or may not be crow-eating, but people calling for it should probably wait until we have more than the score from a Greek magazine 99% of us have never heard of first.

solid2snake said:
btw, is Dennis Dyack banned at GAF? why hasn't he made any more threads about TH and "the GAF"? i would also love to see his reactions about the first reviews.

He's too busy discussing Too Human with Penthouse Pets in his bed.

[Nintex]

solid2snake said:
I think it would be best if he never returned to GAF. At first he was right with some valid points, and then he had a "meltdown" with his FOR or AGAINST thread and when it backfired he said he was going to shut GAF down. He even digged around the net for Kittonwy's name and location. A sad, sad person indeed and he totally ruined SK's reputation in the process.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster." or something like that

Top Bottom