• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Watch_Dogs review based most likely on multiplayer beta now available

Lakitu

st5fu
Complete and utter bullshit if that 'gameplay' has anything to go by. Just him spending 8 minutes trying to blow up a gas station and doing absolutely nothing. Idiotic.

Despite that, I really really hope Ubisoft clarify the online-skills reset because that would be awful.

Vuze

Ah well, even if this is not a real review or anything, I trust Ubi to do some stupid stuff like the offline punishment that was mentioned.

Go_Ly_Dow

Feel this is one of the games that even if it ends up with a mediocre metascore the mass will still eat it up.

There's hype and thirst for this title that is really hard to kill so late on.

I am just gonna go ahead and say this isn't a trustworthy review.

Only thing I'll believe is reading a wide range of reviews and GAF impressions and playing it myself. Some random no-name site that somehow (?) got an early copy of the game two weeks ahead of release, I don't buy it.

And by 'Real' you mean what exactly?

This:

It's bullshit. That's no real review guys. It is most definitely from the Multiplayer Beta that has been going on for quite some time apparently.

They claim to have a copy even though Ubi did not send out copies yet (review event) - and they are able to play online even though the servers are 100% not up yet?

Yeah, no. That's also the reason why he does not show any mission gameplay in the "review video" - and only limited free roam. Doesnt even look like he has any missions available to play to begin with.

I think this whole "review" is one big bunch of bullshit lol So dont fall for that.

Quoting for new page.

woen

Well this thread needs to be closed, this is not a review, just someone trying to get some attention by posting beta footage.

xrnzaaas

Bah, I fell for this review being real, because I'm a huge PoI fan and I can't wait to get my hands on it no matter how close it is (or not) to what Ubi has promised over the last few years. :)

Proxy

How much you wanna bet this "review" is from the beta version of the game various people are testing out right now?

Brogief

Neo Member
The phone also provides digital trips/city hotspots, Car On Demand, and minigames that make the city a real-life video game within a video game.

So the minigames have the special abilities to break the barriers between fiction and non fiction. Does this mean I can finally meet Suzu-chan and make her my waifu if I play the game over a copy of the SYD blu-ray collection?

quetz67

Banned
Only play games for the single player campaign so it might be fine. But then the latest videos had too much running around and not so much cool hacking stuff.

Proponent

Banned
Good to see you've played it. Share your thoughts?

It looks like shit.

Atypical average gameplay from the tons of footage out there.

Boring looking antagonist.

Story will be fair at best.

Just as soon as it hits the Redbox and I have useless time to waste I'd be happy to post a review.

Lunar15

"The single player is awesome. Multiplayer isn't that great, but it's something on the side"

7 out of 10.

Great review guy, thanks for going into detail. This is definitely not something to take seriously.

So single player and multiplayer stats don't mix...........Am I the only one who thinks this would be obvious or did I miss something, also judging the console graphics on XOne version?
Also those shots are a bit on the bright side, the blacks are grey and pixilated.

From my understanding of what the review said, doesn't the game reset your online skills everytime you disable online Mode?

If that's true then ubisoft are a bunch of idiots.

watchdog

The guy in this video review doesn't really look like he knows how to play the game.

I was thinking the same thing. He didn't seem to know how to set off that bomb he had thrown. You'd think that if he had played through the game he would have known what to do there. I think calling this a "review" is a bit of an overstatement. Perhaps something like "first impression" or "review in progress" would have been more appropriate.

And he also mentions "sub surface scattering" and "global illumination" in the video. Are either of those techniques even present in the game?

MattyG

Banned
This seems like a review somebody could have written without playing the game (other than the whole skill point reset thing).

Past

I'll probably cancel my pre-order if it keeps getting low/mediocre scores. I've lost all hype on the game ever since they delayed it.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Alright this is the last straw: Fuck this game. Just canceled my pre-ordered on Amazon. Gonna use the money to buy the Borderlands 2 Vita Bundle instead...

I was puzzled when I read that part as well. If they are talking about what I think they're talking about, that's really disappointing. I don't frequent online very much on these kinda games, so that's a big turn off for me.

That part is really strange...seems forced and unnecessary if it is true.

Gurish

How to put it lightly? The reviewer sounds like a moron, very unprofessional, I wouldn't put much weight on his opinion.

Lets wait for the more credible outlets.

It looks like shit.

Just ad soon as it hits the Redbox and I have useless time to waste I'd be happy to post a review.

i hope it really suck

giphy.gif

Such fantastic, insightful posts.

Do reviewers get paid to give bad reviews?

It's a hard life out here for a game developer.

It looks like shit.

Just as soon as it hits the Redbox and I have useless time to waste I'd be happy to post a review.
I give your post a 5.9/10

Top Bottom