• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First well somewhat leaked realtime footage of upcoming Prince of Persia [Next Gen]

Ramenman

beelzebozo said:
i really hope devs start realizing that 90% of the time when people ooh and ahh over graphic styles that are timeless it somehow involves cel-shading or toon-style art. i want more of it. if the new zelda isn't cel-shaded i have my hand pre-cocked for a nice hearty face slap--if ubisoft can figure this out and nintendo can't, just. . . ugh

Exactly. Daaammnn I've wanted another Cel-shaded Zelda since Wind Waker. And at that time, I only knew about WW and JSRF in the Cel-shaded departement, but time (and now this game) has proven that you can go the cel-shaded route without looking toony or dare I say it "kiddiez".
And considering the bland look of the non-twilight TP sequences I would also kill them if they didn't come out with some sort of graphic style for the next one. Enough off-topic.

This game looks awesome. Gameplay footage NOW.

This is a playtester who got in Montreal's offices and sneaked in a small camera. He probably filmed that part while the observers were busy doing something else for a couple seconds.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Zapages said:
Here you guys go:

3 new Screen shots of the game.

n21472235194_3105342_9508.jpg

n21472235194_3105344_9933.jpg

n21472235194_3105341_9295.jpg

Where did you get those?

Blizzard

Banned
I've thought Prince of Persia was cool since the old Mac black and white one. Even though I've mostly only played Sands of Time out of the more recent ones.

But...although I'm definitely not complaining about gorgeous cel-shaded or whatever art, those three screenshots make the prince REALLY look like a cardboard cut-out. Does anyone else think it looks 2D? At least the video, even with crappy quality, shows they don't look flat in-game...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am always amazed that folks who type comments like those found on Youtube, have the mental agility to register in the first place.

Snaku

Banned
Gorgeous looking game; graphically and artistically. I can only pray it's as fun, and the story & characters are as good as The Sand of Time.

ckeur

Andrex said:
Ignoring the fact that this is in dire need of punctuation, I wasn't aware that Ubisoft had announced a new Prince of Persia for the PS4, 720, and Wii 2.

Considering the huge support for PS2 and the extremely common wording of "Next-Gen" being given to X360 and PS3, why are you giving him a hard time on mentioning that this is a PoP game for next-gen consoles?

Tr4nce

Oops. After the last POP installments, I promised myself not to buy any more POP games. And then I clicked this thread, and it suddenly hit me. The art style is growing on me. I can't deny it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Top Bottom