• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Wii game commercial (Red Steel)

SantaC

Gold Member
as usual they overdo the motions. You dont need to play like that. Still a pretty cool commerical.

castle007

Banned
SantaC said:
as usual they overdo the motions. You dont need to play like that.

but they have to advertise the games that way. It will be boring to looks at people in commercials just slightly moving their wrists

SantaC

Gold Member
castle007 said:
but they have to advertise the games that way. It will be boring to looks at people in commercials just slightly moving their wrists

Uh I guess. Atleast it was better than ubisoft's earlier trailers.

ant1532

Banned
My friend said he saw one for the actual Wii hardware. He said something about Wii Sports i think( Or someone was holding the Wiimote as a tennis racket, I forget)

AniHawk

I hope every Wii commercial tells you how crappy you are at playing video games.

"WILST THOU SOAR?

NAY. THOU SHALT SUCK"

AniHawk

unifin said:
Heh - that's one of my favorite videogame commercials to date.

It was a good commercial until that "OR WILST THOU SUCK" thing hit. And then the rest of it should've been set to Gary Jules. It was that bad.

unifin

AniHawk said:
It was a good commercial until that "OR WILLST THOU SUCK" thing hit. And then the rest of it should've been set to Gary Jules. It was that bad.
Oh, come on - back when that trailer first hit, everyone was going NUTS over it.

:lol

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Maybe im drunk (champagne says yes) but i thought that commerical was awesome.

I'll buy the game. You win this round, demented sensei!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I like it, for what it is. Honestly though...it reminds me of the old Nintendo goofy commercials. 15 years from now we'll look back on this and be slightly embarassed.

kamikaze

PantherLotus said:
I like it, for what it is. Honestly though...it reminds me of the old Nintendo goofy commercials. 15 years from now we'll look back on this and be slightly embarassed.

maybe but it's not like it's taking itself too seriously.

PantherLotus said:
...15 years from now we'll look back on this and be slightly embarassed.

I disagree.

sanchanqb1.jpg

KINGMOKU

perryfarrell said:
They keep showing of the feature that you can hold your gun sideways. Big whoop...
Dont under-estimate the "gangsta" wannabees out there.

It could, crazu as it sounds, be a big selling feature...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Not bad. Not great, but not bad. The Wii wound effect is...odd? I don't know. Doesn't match the image of the system, I guess. Least in my head.

Scenester

moku said:
Dont under-estimate the "gangsta" wannabees out there.

It could, crazu as it sounds, be a big selling feature...

Doesnt really sound crazy to me, Casual gamers love that 'gangsta' schick (sic). Thats why GTA sells 200 million copies

Mashing

That's the same sound (and animation) that Nintendo used in their initial unveiling of the Wii controller. So why doesn't it match the system?

Mashing said:
That's the same sound (and animation) that Nintendo used in their initial unveiling of the Wii controller. So why doesn't it match the system?

They switched something under the hood

Top Bottom