• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Yooka-Laylee review has leaked, been deleted, but the internet remembers all

All I care is that it plays like Banjo Kazooie, where collecting feels good. Don't care about graphics or story or "annoying" sounds from characters, just give me the good Rareware collecthaton experience.

Laieon

I really hope this is more like Kazooie than Tooie. The excessive minigames are the only thing I didn't like about Tooie.

Complete opposite here. Prefer Tooie over Kazooie and the mini games are a large part of the reason why.

ramparter

Banned
Snake Pass has a 73% metacritic and I absolutely loved it. Would have seriously missed out on some pure fun if I let scores dictate what I try.

For the title I like this but whatever :)

|OT| A Lizard and a Bat, What's up with That?
|OT| A snake in a hat, not a pass

Ok enough :p

pixelation

April 11th for $40 on Xbox One, PS4, and Steam. So a week from today.

The Nintendo Switch will get a release later. There is also a deluxe bundle on Steam that includes bonus goodies.

Thanks man, i don't know why i thought it was gonna be 19.99 dollars, but it's fine i am more than happy paying 40 bucks for it.

Nasbin

I think people are underselling just how niche the late 90s 3D collectathon platformer is in 2017. Metacritic doesn't treat super niche games very well. I wouldn't anticipate a high aggregate score or really care about it for that matter.

Baleoce

Pretty much anyone who cares about this game just wants it to play like a new banjo Kazooie. And at least half of the things that it's succeeding in doing that with, it's being criticised for.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When are we expecting all the reviews to drop?

t1491318000z0.png

you really only need a twitter handle these days to become a "source".
he was 100% wrong about everything related to the switch, deleted his tweets and people still take him seriously.

i'm gonna be a twitter "insider" when the next console comes out, seems like a great gig.

follow me @totallyanindustryinsideriswear for some juicy ps5 news.

::

sorry for the derail.

looking forward to some YL reviews soon. i think it will be a mixed bag with some reviewers not caring about collectathlons while others love it.
MC in the low 70s.

kc44135

I'm​ really looking forward to this game, so I really hope it's good. Jim's comments were a bit concerning. Still, hopefully I'll enjoy this game even if it reviews poorly, as Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie are two of my favorite games of all time (and Kazooie was in fact the first game I'd ever played, and is directly responsible for the love and passion I still have for gaming today). I also hope it's more like those games than DK64 (ugh).

Modoru

Also,
|OT| The Only Game to Get Away With Trouser Snakes

There really should be some pun in there. What's a rare game without puns? And googly eyes, too.

Bert409

6/10 to 7.5/10 is what you give soulless Ubisoft/EA/Activision shit; not what is hopefully a worthy successor to a masterpiece like B-K. If it really scores that lowly then there damn well better be a good reason for it.

KaufLive

Yooka Laylee |OT| 64 Years Later

Can't wait to play this game! I vividly remember counting the days until the Banjo Kazooie release!

Top Bottom