• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

So after a long talk with my wife, she's going off birth control. We looked back at pictures from last year where she wants to be and the only difference is the birth control. Her diet and exercise is completely dialed in and she's extremely consistent. It kills me seeing her like that while I make progress. Here's to hoping its the cause of her being bloated, constant headaches and who knows what else.

As for me, it's back to rubbers :0(

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Do it! I just picture you looking like Ahnold.

That's so funny! I picture rando as Arnold too. The biggest, baddest, and most cut up dude in FitGaf!

No lofty expectations at all rando. haha!

So after a long talk with my wife, she's going off birth control. We looked back at pictures from last year where she wants to be and the only difference is the birth control. Her diet and exercise is completely dialed in and she's extremely consistent. It kills me seeing her like that while I make progress. Here's to hoping its the cause of her being bloated, constant headaches and who knows what else.

Make those muscle babies Sean!

SeanR1221

That's so funny! I picture rando as Arnold too. The biggest, baddest, and most cut up dude in FitGaf!

No lofty expectations at all rando. haha!

Make those muscle babies Sean!

Haha we wanna wait 6-8 years. She wants to get her masters and we both want to travel first.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What would she do if you said "disregard females acquire aesthetics"

or how would you feel if she said to disregard males

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Haha we wanna wait 6-8 years. She wants to get her masters and we both want to travel first.
Good for you. Quick child story. My 8 year old son wants to be strong so this freaken kid has been doing chins, pull ups, pushups, and wall climbs almost every day. He can now do 7 legit chin ups in a row! It's pretty amazing. He's up to 4 pull ups too. He's got some delt arm separation too. It worries me a little because he's so young but I figure since it's all body weight stuff it's probably fine.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Good for you. Quick child story. My 8 year old son wants to be strong so this freaken kid has been doing chins, pull ups, pushups, and wall climbs almost every day. He can now do 7 legit chin ups in a row! It's pretty amazing. He's up to 4 pull ups too. He's got some delt arm separation too. It worries me a little because he's so young but I figure since it's all body weight stuff it's probably fine.

His dad is certainly great inspiration! What will you do if/when he lifts more than you? lol.

Noema

So only got 1 full set of 205 lb squats. 2nd set my body was like nope after the 2nd rep. Is this normal? Thought it may be my back rounding but i'm def getting low enough. Guessing SS is just getting insanely hard since otherwise my form felt great the past week. Gonna move onto my last set but man this is getting tough.

Edit: After reading Suflowers post I'm thinking next week is deload or rest week.

How long did you rest between sets? The fact that you did manage all your reps in the first set but not the others could indicate that you might need to wait a bit longer.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Be one proud papa!

It's awesome he's getting into fitness early on. He'll be swole real fast. I didn't really start caring about it till I was like 21 but it wasn't until this year that I actually took it seriously and learned to cook so I could eat right.

How long did you rest between sets? The fact that you did manage all your reps in the first set but not the others could indicate that you might need to wait a bit longer.

I usually rest 5-10 mins or whenever I feel like I'm ready. Only got to 3 reps on my last set. Also only got 2 reps on my 205 lb deadlift attempt. Otherwise I think I could use rest since I know for deads I definitely didn't rest long enough before hand.

SeanR1221

What would she do if you said "disregard females acquire aesthetics"

or how would you feel if she said to disregard males

I'd be impressed she knew the meme :p

Yeah if it's stuff he could do in gymnastics or on a jungle gym I'm sure he's fine.

Good for him! Give him some chocolate milk afterwards and call it a protein shake so he can be like his dad (I seriously cannot wait to do this with my son).

Kids can get strong just like adults, although they can't really get bigger until puberty kicks in. As long as you make sure he understands that and doesn't go so crazy he hurts himself, he'll be fine. More than fine really.

Learn the Billings Ovulation Method. Everybody wins.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Probably stupid question, but is there any issue with training with one dumb bell as opposed to two?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What do you mean? Like when you're curling, you alternate hands with the DB? No thats fine

Yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't know if there was some equilibrium type issue or something that might be involved, lol.

maxxpower

So I'm pretty sure I've been under eating for a good while now. According to multiple caloric needs calculators I should be eating 2000 calories if I want to stay at 150, though I want to drop to maybe 147. The problem is that I've been eating maybe 1400 calories a day for at least seven months, all this while also burning 300 calories a day through cardio, HIIT, plus my regular strength training. I can tell that my metabolism has been fucked up because I've remained at 150 but more importantly my body fat level is pretty much the same.

Should I jump straight into eating 2000 calories or should I gradually get there by adding say 200 extra calories a month? Any advice on fixing up you metabolism when you've been under eating for so long?

Mayyhem

Do you guys alternate your grip when deadlifting your heaviest weights and your grip starts to become a limiting factor?

I've been doing this and it's helped me hit my heavy sets of 2 or 3 but I've seen so many videos online of guys tearing their bicep tendons while alternating their grip.

I don't really feel like buying straps or using chalk (I'd be fine with chalk but I go to a really commercial gym and I've never seen anyone use it there, not sure if the personnel there would allow it)

I looked into the hook grip as well, but it just seems like it'll hurt your thumbs really bad. I'll give it a try though. Any experiences/tips with this though would be great cause I want to get my deadlift up

despire

I'm cutting my "cut" a week short. Progress pics incoming:

Reposting because I want to be on the new page!

Amazing!

iz4VHe5YOtAnI.gif

It's so weird seeing people use this gif because it's from a famous finnish comedy show. And nowadays I see foreign people using it quite often. Seriously weird :D

Man, this past Ramadan (basically intermittent fasting) was really interesting, I would eat way way past my caloric needs in the 7 hours eating window, but still maintain the same weight, and over the 30 days I actually lost 3 pounds.

In regular eating days 2500cals would be enough for me to gain weight, in Ramadan I was daily eating 3000cals at the very least, granted I was still always sleeping a little hungry because of the small window. They should do more studies on this.

In other news I have succefully OHPed 110lbsx5, I held my breath throughout though haha.

Also, not a regular poster, but I humbly nominate my transformation for the next OT (posted earlier on page 56):
http://www.abload.de/img/rip8tbq3r.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/sdasdadw0pad.png

Do you guys alternate your grip when deadlifting your heaviest weights and your grip starts to become a limiting factor?

I've been doing this and it's helped me hit my heavy sets of 2 or 3 but I've seen so many videos online of guys tearing their bicep tendons while alternating their grip.

I don't really feel like buying straps or using chalk (I'd be fine with chalk but I go to a really commercial gym and I've never seen anyone use it there, not sure if the personnel there would allow it)

I looked into the hook grip as well, but it just seems like it'll hurt your thumbs really bad. I'll give it a try though. Any experiences/tips with this though would be great cause I want to get my deadlift up

I used to use a mixed grip and had zero problems with my biceps but imbalanced my posture. I now only use hookgrip and would not use any other way. It's uncomfortable at first but becomes normal soon enough.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So after looking at the power cleans....I dont think I can physically do that....

Is there an exercise i can replace it with or do I have to man the fuck up

Lookin' good Petrie. BTW, what is your favorite flavor of Quest bar?

Also I didn't think this would ever happen to me, but....

I'm not eating enough. I dunno what's up but my appetitie is gone and it's killing me in the gym this week. I don't even eat a lot (I'm short), we're talking 2700-3500 cals. Crazy. I think it's the lack of schedule throwing me off. I don't time my meals right and sometimes even get sidetracked to the point that I skip them.

Fixing this shit yesterday.

Petrie

Banned
Lookin' good Petrie. BTW, what is your favorite flavor of Quest bar?

Thanks you beast.

cookie dough overall, though brownie and cinnaroll are right up there. the new white chocolate raspberry would be if not for the seeds, I'm a big texture guy and hate strawberries for the same reason.

velociraptor

so yeah, this is pretty much the holy grail. Rippetoe explaining everything in 10-30 minute videos.

Squat
Deadlift
Bench Press
Press
Power Clean
Rack Pull
RDL
Front Squat
Leg Press
Lying Tricep Extension
Barbell Shrug

ive only ever see bits and pieces and super short videos of him showing people what to do, these are pretty much fool proof. Might be worth it to include it in the next OT if we're going more Strength/Lifting based.

Great vids. These should definitely be included in the OP.

TheJerit

Have you two thought about an IUD? That's what my wife currently has. They last anywhere from 5-10 or so years depending on the type you have.

Then you can do whatever you like...

84167.gif

_Isaac

Have you two thought about an IUD? That's what my wife currently has. They last anywhere from 5-10 or so years depending on the type you have.

Then you can do whatever you like...

84167.gif

I remember listening to a podcast where the guy's wife had an IUD and it would poke his penis every once in a while. It actually got the tip of it once. Maybe he was just trying to boast about his penis size.

TheJerit

I remember listening to a podcast where the guy's wife had an IUD and it would poke his penis every once in a while. It actually got the tip of it once. Maybe he was just trying to boast about his penis size.

heh, it's happened ;p

off the top of my head, I can't recall it ever being painful, but you can definitely tell when you two...meet...

Ok I apologize in advance for a stupid question

Soo I am currently down to eating 2000 calories a day which I've been doing a good job at. I was planning on going to a party tonight and would like to drink a little. Is it better if I just have some beers like Dos XX or bring myself some hard liquor like Bacardi and Diet Cola?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Blame? more like you're eternally greatful to Fitgaf for the opportunity!
I try to limit myself to only eating 1 per day or only on lift days since otherwise I would be spending a ridiculous amount of money lol. It also doesn't help that my GNC is less than a mile away so I can stock up anytime.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member

Happens to me and my penis is average sized. I've only felt it in there a few times though. The IUD seems great though. No daily pills and no period. My wife likes it.

TheJerit

Ok I apologize in advance for a stupid question

Soo I am currently down to eating 2000 calories a day which I've been doing a good job at. I was planning on going to a party tonight and would like to drink a little. Is it better if I just have some beers like Dos XX or bring myself some hard liquor like Bacardi and Diet Cola?

are you just focused on calories or are you monitoring your macros? I would think you'd probably drink less with liquor than beer, but i would compare the numbers to see how much you could fit each one into your day's caloric intake. At least then you'll have options when you get to the party and know what you can get away with.

you can use myfitnesspal or any google search to compare the nutrional (lol) info.

TheJerit

Yeah but same deal. Extra estrogen, weight gain, etc :/

I thought there were different types, hormonal and non-hormonal ones. I'm pretty sure the one my wife has in non-hormonal, but only is good for ~5 years, and was one of the reasons she went with that one (no weight gains). I'll ask her later about it.

Exis

Hey Fitgaf, need some sage like advice.

I am short fat guy who is trying to get rid of my fat, I have done this before but perhaps due to me being older I'm having a beast of a time with it.
Here are my current numbers:
SQ: 285lb DL: 210lb
BP: 140lb OH: 90lb
Weight 220, BF 26% Height 5'5

The problem is that the weight is getting to be epic, I can keep at it but I am basicly sore all the damn time. I have been eating 2000 calories a day, eating about 200g of protein and my number on the scale has not moved in weeks. I am wondering if I should move up my calories and if I were to do this while eating clean if the increase in body fat would be minimal. I would like to keep adding strength but also want my body fat under 20 by the end of the year.

Any advice?

TheJerit

Happens to me and my penis is average sized. I've only felt it in there a few times though. The IUD seems great though. No daily pills and no period. My wife likes it.
No periods? Yeah, I'm thinking that my recollection is right; there must be different types. Wife still has periods and I want to say they more intense in the beginning due to it.

christ, now I'm all interested and the wife's probably going to be giving me the biggest wtf look.

"But it's for this forum thread and trying to help this guy out"

"............"

TheJerit

Hey Fitgaf, need some sage like advice.

I am short fat guy who is trying to get rid of my fat, I have done this before but perhaps due to me being older I'm having a beast of a time with it.
Here are my current numbers:
SQ: 285lb DL: 210lb
BP: 140lb OH: 90lb
Weight 220, BF 26% Height 5'5

The problem is that the weight is getting to be epic, I can keep at it but I am basicly sore all the damn time. I have been eating 2000 calories a day, eating about 200g of protein and my number on the scale has not moved in weeks. I am wondering if I should move up my calories and if I were to do this while eating clean if the increase in body fat would be minimal. I would like to keep adding strength but also want my body fat under 20 by the end of the year.

Any advice?

Maybe try dropping your count to 1700-1800 and see how that goes. Have you ever thought about doing lean gains/intermittent fasting? I'm a fatty too and I've been having excellent results on it and have continuously adding strength while on it. Everyone is different, but if you're not seeing the results you want, it's worth a shot.

Everyone looks fantastic. Petrie huge difference. Super motivated right now.

Everyone should take a vacation to just relax for a week. It does wonders for your body and psyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom