• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you just focused on calories or are you monitoring your macros? I would think you'd probably drink less with liquor than beer, but i would compare the numbers to see how much you could fit each one into your day's caloric intake. At least then you'll have options when you get to the party and know what you can get away with.

you can use myfitnesspal or any google search to compare the nutrional (lol) info.

yeah monitoring my macros as well. I would assume hard liquor is heavier but I'm probably just over thinking it and should enjoy myself

TheJerit

yeah monitoring my macros as well. I would assume hard liquor is heavier but I'm probably just over thinking it and should enjoy myself

just google them and you'll know for sure. a quick search session i just did had results that may surprise you ;)

Does anyone else drink when they are in fat loss mode? I used to drink fairly regularly, but I don't really want to as I need a break anyways, plus the calories. I'm thinking I may have some in a month or so, but I'm actually favoring just not having any until the holidays. Wouldn't hurt to take a nice, long break.

So I tried to make protein bars.

I think I created solid protein peanut butter instead.

Macros (per serving, which is a pretty decent sized chunk):

277 calories, 6g carbs (half of which is fiber, I think), 20g fat, and 18g protein.
But 4g of sugar as well.

entremet

just google them and you'll know for sure. a quick search session i just did had results that may surprise you ;)

Does anyone else drink when they are in fat loss mode? I used to drink fairly regularly, but I don't really want to as I need a break anyways, plus the calories. I'm thinking I may have some in a month or so, but I'm actually favoring just not having any until the holidays. Wouldn't hurt to take a nice, long break.

I limit my drinking during fat loss phases.

So I tried to make protein bars.

I think I created solid protein peanut butter instead.

Macros (per serving, which is a pretty decent sized chunk):

277 calories, 6g carbs (half of which is fiber, I think), 20g fat, and 18g protein.
But 4g of sugar as well.

Analysis determines you have indeed created solid protein peanut butter. At least it appears to be natty solid protein peanut butter though.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Just wasn't feeling it at the gym this morning. Had heartburn from all the sushi last night and generally just felt like a big blob of feces. Blah.... Oh well

Looking mean Boogie!

Analysis determines you have indeed created solid protein peanut butter. At least it appears to be natty solid protein peanut butter though.
IMG_20130810_183933.jpg

At least it's edible.

Exis

Maybe try dropping your count to 1700-1800 and see how that goes. Have you ever thought about doing lean gains/intermittent fasting? I'm a fatty too and I've been having excellent results on it and have continuously adding strength while on it. Everyone is different, but if you're not seeing the results you want, it's worth a shot.

I bought a IF book, and am about 1/3rd of the way through it. I may give it a try at some point, although my biggest worry is the amount of energy I would have, I end up ready to crash at the end of the day as it is.

thomaser

Met one of the security guards at the mall I'm working in at the gym. He has just started working out, and boy does he have advice for me!

1: Work out every day.
2: Your abs are the most important muscles. They are also the muscles that will grow fastest out of all the muscles in your body. Work them out every day. Use a program that gradually increases the time you spend on your abs (he showed me an app he uses: start with a couple of minutes, and add a number of seconds every day until you're up to half an hour a day at the end of the program).
3: When not working on your abs, work on your arms. Do dumbbell presses and bicep curls. Every day.
4: Eat lots of carbs. Load up on them. Not enough carbs in your diet? Buy a gainer. Oh, and don't use creatine if you use a gainer. One or the other.
5: Add 5 kilos to your weights every day. But don't really do that anyway, because you should confuse your muscles by doing different exercises every day. But, uh, still train your abs and arms every day.

That's his routine. He now stops by my store every day to ask if I have bought that gainer yet.

Enco

Going to America for a week.

Want to buy a Quest Bar after all the praise I've seen.

Which is the best flavor? I'm willing to try a few.

Imm0rt4l

Going to America for a week.

Want to buy a Quest Bar after all the praise I've seen.

Which is the best flavor? I'm willing to try a few.

1.) Rendezvous with someone who gets quest bars for the low low
2.) Buy em in bulk/push that weight in your territory
3.) ?
4.)Profit/start a quest bar cartel

sphinx

the piano man
That's his routine. He now stops by my store every day to ask if I have bought that gainer yet.

awesome routine, but he forgot the most important exercise in thre whole book:

the Dumbbell Punch

edit: apparently the gif that was here is NSFW or something

nevermind

Cooter

Yes.. yes.. That sounds amazing. Any certain flavour to 'invest' in?
Cookie dough, PB, PB&J, White choc Raspberry, apple pie. Many like cinnaroll and brownie. I'm don't personally find them all too great.

rando14

alright bought a box of these quest bars that everyone here seems to love so much. bought it with the coupon, about $16 and change, was that a good price?

edIT; lol last time I had a qeust bar was when they first came out a few years ago, tried vanilla almond, was ok

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Mmmmm : /

Broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, onion, franks red hot with water shake from my Blendtec...tastes better than this 500ml of plain natural fat free greek yogourt...wash it down with a glass of milk and some water.

Had a plate-sized steak yesterday soooooo good.

Mully

New DL PR: 315X3

It was the perfect medicine for how pissed off and sick I was heading into the gym. Feels all sorts of good.

Finally broke the 200 barrier on my bench. I know that's peanuts for you guys but i had been stuck at 185 for a while. Hope to hit 225 by the end of the year

Imm0rt4l

Anybody here use apple cider vinegar? Apparently has a lot of good properies, seems like broscience but some people swear by it.

Thank you so much for linking to Isuf's channel, Immortal!
So much useful stuff in there when it comes to mobility (dude actually knows his stuff) that I'm making use of.

Definitely should go into the next OT:

http://www.youtube.com/user/OmarIsuf?feature=watch
No problem man. Thought some would like it,its one of the better fitness channels imo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody here use apple cider vinegar? Apparently has a lot of good properies, seems like broscience but some people swear by it.

I insta-heave when I taste it. My body does NOT want it in!

rando14

Finally broke the 200 barrier on my bench. I know that's peanuts for you guys but i had been stuck at 185 for a while. Hope to hit 225 by the end of the year

dips dips weighted dips dips weighted dips

chest press machine was also pretty helpful for building strength until it got maxed out (no unwracking, dont need a spot)

rando14

Actually used an online coupon for GNC to get $21 a box. My GNCs won't accept the coupons you guys use anymore. :(

ah that's unfortunate. I got a box today to try, they were $35 a box (LOL), but they had a 25% deal and then i used the coupon.

still not a fan of paying so much money for pro bars though....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even when put in a drink like tea? I was curious of it's efficacy.

I never got that far, my buddies had far too much of a laugh when I was vomiting in their sink I decided I wouldn't go again.

Tonight for dessert: can of tuna, drizzle of olive oil, garlic powder and some kosher salt all heated up in the microwave.

It's like garlic bread made of protein.

Squats tomorrow will be good now, I can feel it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
At what point is it okay to increase the amount of weight your lifting? I'm on 20 lbs. dumb bells right now.

Cooter

I was going over my progress folder and found some old pictures. I thought this might inspire/motivate people to keep pushing along and remember that progress is measured in years not months for us natural folk.

8/10
8-14-103.jpg

1/11 during a bulk
1-28-11205.jpg

8/13- ;)
7fef1615-c9d9-427a-b97c-757af7283620.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom