• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulsky

you guys have any advice on keeping my wrist and forearm in line with each other on the OHP?

???

On OHP and bench my wrist is bent slighty. The trick is that the bar has to rest on your lower palm and never up by the knuckles. From the side view the bar is on the part of your hand directly above your wrist, not behind it. My 2nd knuckles are pointed up when I wrap my hand around the bar.

Otherwise it seems like it would destroy the inside of your thumbs and impinge your wrist.

ILoveBish

I thought I'd take the day off from the gym today but I had am opportunity to go and took it. So glad I did. Felt so strong today anyway, and got 400x3 on deadlift clean. Really nice and steady lifts. Afterwards I got on the dip bar and knocked out reps of 7, 7, 6 and 3. The last set my arms were giving out since I was super setting with Pendlay rows. Very great day at the gym, thank god this is the direction my life went, lifting is the best.

3 days of rest and then a new 1s week begins.

Forgot to mention, still eating 1750 calories a day and strict IF.

SeanR1221

I'm in the opposite boat. Felt so weak today.

I need a good nights sleep. Can't tell you the last time that happened.

But I did get mint chocolate quest bars. Already ate two.

BumRush

I'm in the opposite boat. Felt so weak today.

I need a good nights sleep. Can't tell you the last time that happened.

But I did get mint chocolate quest bars. Already ate two.

A) mint chocolate QB are heaven
B) why aren't you sleeping? Just love staying up?

ILoveBish

That needs to be your tag. :D

Its not everyday, but its the majority of the days. When i wake up knowing its a gym day, mentally i get into a stronger state. On rest days i feel like i can barely lift a cup of coffee. Its part of the mental game.

Been working late and then I end up being awake from all the coffee, play a little ps4, wake up 5 hours later

Sleep is paramount in all of this. Without good sleep, results wont be at their best.

mdsfx

Well I have a 10-mile race on Saturday in downtown Chicago and have no idea if I will make it to the finish or not. My IT band issue seems better. I haven't done any running or any leg work in 7 days beyond stretching.

I want to make it to the finish so f*cking bad. The finish line is on the 50-yard line of Soldier Field. I mean, how awesome would that be? Ugh... High hopes, but worried I will push myself through pain that I shouldn't and mess myself up.

Dammit.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Son's 5th birthday today. Pizza, chicken wings, cheesecake, and other healthy stuff. Held strong and only had a couple wings and a tiny sliver of my mom's cheesecake. I feel like I deserve some type of medal.

Cooter

I was with you until this part. Mom's baking is zero calories. Always eat what you are served :)
But I was served a tiny sliver. Come back with me!

Looking good FE. Underwear progress pics should always be taken in black underwear though. Bulge concealment!

Well, we can all share in its shame together. Perfect way to end the thread imo.
I dont mind

lol

Since we're doing shirtless pics here is mine

E816BE76-5B02-4915-8B66-72F9E4FBB4B0_zpsrri58upz.jpg

Noob gains yay

Improved my deadlift numbers a little today, form was a bit rough but I'll take it.

Getting hard to hold onto my gainz with the cut though, and it's not even a particularly extreme cut (about a kg / 2.2lbs a week).

grumble

Improved my deadlift numbers a little today, form was a bit rough but I'll take it.

Getting hard to hold onto my gainz with the cut though, and it's not even a particularly extreme cut (about a kg / 2.2lbs a week).

Fairly rapid weight loss actually unless you're obese.

I was going to type out a long explanation... but in short, no. That's half an hour of reasonably high intensity exercise. You should be able to do that daily and not do any harm at all. If I followed my fatigue numbers from cycling then I'd probably work out about twice a week.

BumRush

Ah okay, thanks for the advice.

Just general fitness and weight loss I guess. 1-2lbs per week for the summer?

Yeah, you should be fine to work out 5-6 days a week. 2-3 probably won't get you -2 lbs a week unless your drastically reducing your caloric intake.

ILoveBish

I know it's not much, but I beat my lowest weight this morning. Previous lowest before I took a diet break was 236.4, I went up to 248 in no time on the break, and finally past my previous at 236.2. Its just significant that I'm lighter then ever and lifting heavy as ever still for myself.

BumRush

I know it's not much, but I beat my lowest weight this morning. Previous lowest before I took a diet break was 236.4, I went up to 248 in no time on the break, and finally past my previous at 236.2. Its just significant that I'm lighter then ever and lifting heavy as ever still for myself.

That's awesome, dude. Congrats!

Hiz_95

230x3 on bench was super easy. Finished it quick and great form. Weighed in at 238 again this morning, stalled but not concerned. I honestly think I'm gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. I know it doesn't make sense, but I think being fully adapted, the rules are different. I am lifting heavier now then when I was a lot heavier.

Gonna keep going.

I think it would be mainly due to the fact that you're over 20% body fat, in my experience you can be decently strong and still gain strength while losing weight (if it's not too fast) in that case. Assuming your recovery, diet and intensity are on point.

paolo11

Gotta a ask a redundant question. How can you get cut or toned while doing Starting Strength? Do I do the following?

Monday = SS
Tuesday = cardio or crossfit
Wed = SS
Thurs = cardio or crossfit
Fri = SS

Or

Mwf = SS in the morning and cardio/crossfit night

Tth = rest(as in lay in the couch playing video games)

Sincew im 5"8 203lbs, I was thinking my calories per day are 2200?

Crossfit isn't going to give your body time to recover from the Starting Strength. Cardio could be fine, depending on how intense it is.

There's not actually any need to add cardio for a cut (and that's coming from a cardio lover), but a lot of people find it easier as it means they can eat a bit more.

Chocobro

Bulge swelfies, dad bods, something something.

If no one is making the OT, I might make it. I'll implement my suggestions if no one objects. The edits will come a bit late since I have stuff to do on Saturday and Sunday.

I don't know the nuances of submitting an OT, so feel free to inform me. Do I contact a mod or what?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Bought some C4 today before my workout, first time trying it out. Physically, I did notice an increase in my performance but mentally I still struggled.

Got the Fruit Punch flavor, tasted decent.

Cooter

If no one is making the OT, I might make it. I'll implement my suggestions if no one objects. The edits will come a bit late since I have stuff to do on Saturday and Sunday.

I don't know the nuances of submitting an OT, so feel free to inform me. Do I contact a mod or what?
My man! Love the title already! Haha

ILoveBish

You just make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom