• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fix for PSN Login Issues

k0ji-wd

Go into your Network settings, and change your MTU setting to 1473, leave everything else however you had it. This change has worked for 10 of my friends, really random but try it!

I'm in HK, friends are in Aus.

Hope this works for you guys.

geordiemp

I have my PS4 MTU at 1492 at static IP always anyway.

You should do the MTU ping test and add 28 for the header and set that as your Ps4 MTU.

Poona

Ahh.. I don't even know what this means. Hopefully Sony figures it out on their own rather than me having to fiddle with settings like this, and just gets it back working normally.

Hmm,

It allows you to 'sign in' but not be able to access the PSN server. For example, I cannot set my PS4 to Primary Device nor restore licences.

Is there a workaround?

NHale

Ah, now I understand what the guy meant in the other thread. Does this work on PS3 too?

At least it worked for me. It said "SEN is under maintenance" before I changed the MTU, then I was able to log in in less than 3 seconds.

Savitar

It works.

But PSN is still undergoing maintenance.

Okay got PSN to work but getting errors for redeeming codes etc.

NHale

I was able to sync trophies with PSN server so it's definitely working here in Europe.

EDIT: PSN Store works too.

cilonen

Yeah, this got me in to Destiny.

My internet connection test failed at the PSN sign in after doing this, but I went through it again, failed again, then just quit out of network settings and signed in under Settings > PSN > Sign in, and in like a charm first try.

CREMSteve

How the hell did you figure this out? It totally worked! Three days without being able to sign in and this was all it took, lol!

RedAssedApe

Banned
huh...random. what i don't understand is why people have been able to login without doing this if this is in fact a thing. is it game specific? are you all playing destiny or something?

Floody

It worked for me too. Thanks.

I tried just before doing this and it didn't work, so not a coincidence for me.

Staf

Hmm, weird it seems to work for everyone but me. I just get the "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit". Which i got prior to this "fix" as well as after.

geordiemp

Go to your PC or laptop and determine your optimum size (MTU) that can be sent in 1 lump and not 2 will optimise your bandwidth and login potential.

Its your router that does this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/94721-mtu-limit-test-change-your-connections-mtu-limit.html

Go to cmd.exe

enter / type ping google.com -f -l 1472

Change by 1 up / down and find maximum number / size YOUR router can ping.

For me it was 1474. Then for MTU it has a 28 bit header, so your MTU = this number + 28.

Hence for my router BT hub 5 UK = 1474 (test) + 28 gives optimum MTU = 1492.

If you put in the lower number it will also work on Ps4, but your bandwidth on Ps4 will be down a small amount

Worked for me but I had to turn the system completely off, not in rest mode after changing the MTU. Only then could I log into psn.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I've now been trying various settings for 20 Minute.

It seems to me that below 1480 I have the most success to sign in. I jumped around the various MTU configurations without exceeding my actual optimum MTU (1492).

I also had times when 1470 didn't log in but 1476 did and such, so the service is still not working well.
For example: Store loaded sometimes, other times not.

Based on my testing I would say reducing the MTU below the Automatically determined one helps (on average in my one household) but in the end the services are still mostly fucked.

Konosuke

Go to your PC or laptop and determine your optimum size (MTU) that can be sent in 1 lump and not 2 will optimise your bandwidth and login potential.

Its your router that does this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/94721-mtu-limit-test-change-your-connections-mtu-limit.html

Go to cmd.exe

enter / type ping google.com -f -l 1472

Change by 1 up / down and find maximum number / size YOUR router can ping.

For me it was 1474. Then for MTU it has a 28 bit header, so your MTU = this number + 28.

Hence for my router BT hub 5 UK = 1474 (test) + 28 gives optimum MTU = 1492.

If you put in the lower number it will also work on Ps4, but your bandwidth on Ps4 will be down a small amount

This is what people should be doing.

dEvAnGeL

my MTU seems fine, i did all the test and everything works but i still cant join PSN, oh well, i guess is waiting game again

Top Bottom