• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fix This Shit Guerrilla: A Neogaf Killzone 3 Clan

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
1HIhQ.png

X-Frame

Cagen said:
Welcome to Fix This Shit Guerrilla, the NeoGAF Killzone 3 clan. We'll be a light hearted clan (as indicative of the clan name), playing to have a laugh and win some clan games without taking things too seriously. This time around we are forming a united GAF clan instead of seperate regional clans, though with the way Guerrilla have set up their leaderboards, matchmaking and regional segmentation, we'll have to see how this goes, it may not work.

Leave your usernames in this thread if you wish to be invited into the clan, this is seperate from the Official Thread's spreadsheet of GAF usernames as that will also include people from other clans. Myself or FFObsessed will invite you into the clan as I am away on a buisiness trip the week of release but please be aware Guerrilla has done away with the officer role so only the leader can invite.

Anyone can sign up for clan matches through the ingame match making, which will pit your squad against another clans squad of equal size and equal skill. So join up, form a squad and start (hopefully) improving our ranking!

I did both -- but I'm guessing the bolded is why people are doing it here too.

Cagen

Was watching Fulham getting battered by Chelsea until I got bored and watched The Social Netowork instead. Will fix the OP lol.

Raist said:
Where. WHERE the fuck is Ricky?

Anyways. No VP, no tourneys etc? FTSG!

Will see if I pick up the game, but at this point I'm really not sure.

Aye, no Ricky this time. We're going with Gorillas this time.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Cagen said:
Was watching Fulham getting battered by Chelsea until I got bored and watched The Social Netowork instead. Will fix the OP lol.

Aye, no Ricky this time. We're going with Gorillas this time.

you spelled GG wrong in the op

Negaiido

I was just wondering if it's a problem that I already signed that other GAF KZ3 thingie. Can I still sign up for the guild? :(

Edit:

On the other hand, the guild won't be much of a europe guild. All those non-europeans blegh :p

Thrakier

Can someone make me a fitting killzone clan avatar with my elephant trunk??? I don't want a stupid ape, I stick to elephant trunks...BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

beast786

I am not sure how to add my info to the google spread sheet. It would let me view but not add anything. I did add my info to the link provided by cagen.

Cagen said:
Here's the new spreadsheet to sign up with, I have added everyone who has already posted, though don't know most of your regions.

[URL="https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFZ0VTFjQ2ZPSkhsY0ZuNTlzR0JCRFE6MQ"][/URL]

Quote this post to reveal spreadsheet URL. The URL won't be visible to lurkers, so your PSN ID will be kept private.

looks good, i would like to be apart of the clan, I havent played multiplayer with anyone from gaf ever and I dont post much so it would be nice to get to know all you guys.

Facism

Domcorleone said:
looks good, i would like to be apart of the clan, I havent played multiplayer with anyone from gaf ever and I dont post much so it would be nice to get to know all you guys.

you're more than welcome.

Irish

aj2good4you2 said:
fuck yea! i was hoping we could have a separate clan for the laggy americans tho but i guess we will just have to deal with it.

Yeah, you laggy Merkans ruin everything for us. Especially those of you in the southern states. :p

FTSGav9.gif

Also, I'm claiming this avvy temporarily. It fits my role as clan janitor perfectly. I literally use my shovel to clean up the shit that GG doesn't fix. ;)

Teknoman

Irish said:
Yeah, you laggy Merkans ruin everything for us. Especially those of you in the southern states. :p

FTSGav9.gif

Also, I'm claiming this avvy temporarily. It fits my role as clan janitor perfectly. I literally use my shovel to clean up the shit that GG doesn't fix. ;)

:(

Irish

Teknoman said:

I just didn't want to reveal the exact state he lived in to everyone. Oh well, screw them Texans. *alienates half the people on my friend's list* Also, Midwest is the best. :D

Cagen

Negaiido said:
I was just wondering if it's a problem that I already signed that other GAF KZ3 thingie. Can I still sign up for the guild? :(

Edit:

On the other hand, the guild won't be much of a europe guild. All those non-europeans blegh :p
The other Killzone 3 thing is just a collection of GAF usernames and PSN IDs, not specific to the clan. If you want an invite to the clan then sign up via the link in this thread.

The clans mixed regions, not just Europeans but there's a bunch of us silky smooth Euros still to sign up (Lince, Rick, Viper, Ttp, etc.)

Irish said:
I just didn't want to reveal the exact state he lived in to everyone. Oh well, screw them Texans. *alienates half the people on my friend's list* Also, Midwest is the best. :D

I thought everything was better in Texas? Everything but Internet connection?
...or nothing? :D

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Signed up. Looking forward to playing some more coordinated online. Might even need to get a head-set. But for now I'm going to stick to a support role and do whatever I'm told, like I usually do in Online FPSs and it's worked out so far. :)

Hey guys, I just filled my info for joining the clan.

I have played and thoroughly enjoyed KZ2 multiplayer but never with any gafers. Hope to remedy that soon.

Negaiido

Cagen said:
The clans mixed regions, not just Europeans but there's a bunch of us silky smooth Euros still to sign up (Lince, Rick, Viper, Ttp, etc.)

Okay I signed up but only did it for you guys :D

Facism

I'm like Tempa T down the mic.

Gotta resync that shit cos we sorely need some chatter in the game ;d

dazed808

Raist said:
Anyways. No VP, no tourneys etc? FTSG!

Terrible decision to omit it but at least if it's not there you late night playing numpties can't lose it all.

Anyways, I'm all signed up for the clan and glad to see you changed your mind Live bout picking the game up, just wouldn't be the same without your marvelous perverted ranting during games.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Negaiido said:
Intruder! :O Trying to steal clanmembers :O
Nope. Just seing if there is any interest. Without sqauds, it may be best to consider having smaller GAF clans. I don't like it, but I am just trying to promote cohesion.

Cagen

DenogginizerOS said:
Nope. Just seing if there is any interest. Without sqauds, it may be best to consider having smaller GAF clans. I don't like it, but I am just trying to promote cohesion.
I can't see why you would want to separate the clan up. The only reasons we'd do it would be if we had far too many people wanting to play than the members list allows for but we are yet to know clan size limits or if, due to Guerrillas regional segmentation, we are classed as a European clan and only get put in a pool of other European clans through match making and it's too laggy for the Americans.

All that ends up happening with regional clans is that they merge a few months down the line because the player base falls off from the initial excitement and leaves too few members to sustain each clan.

Everyone can create squads of clan members and join clan games so if you wanted to play with other east coasters just squad up with them. We all have friends and favoured members we'll want to play with so there will inevitably be smaller groups within the clan, not that we can't mix it up from time to time.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Cagen said:
I can't see why you would want to separate the clan up. The only reasons we'd do it would be if we had far too many people wanting to play than the members list allows for but we are yet to know clan size limits or if, due to Guerrillas regional segmentation, we are classed as a European clan and only get put in a pool of other European clans through match making and it's too laggy for the Americans.

All that ends up happening with regional clans is that they merge a few months down the line because the player base falls off from the initial excitement and leaves too few members to sustain each clan.

Everyone can create squads of clan members and join clan games so if you wanted to play with other east coasters just squad up with them. We all have friends and favoured members we'll want to play with so there will inevitably be smaller groups within the clan, not that we can't mix it up from time to time.
I recall during Resistance and then in KZ2, several of us tended to be on at the same time so it wasn't necessary. But, it does make scheduling a little easier. No worries. Just floating an idea.

Facism

dazed808 said:
Terrible decision to omit it but at least if it's not there you late night playing numpties can't lose it all.

Anyways, I'm all signed up for the clan and glad to see you changed your mind Live bout picking the game up, just wouldn't be the same without your marvelous perverted ranting during games.

hah i'm only buying it again because the trade-in value will float around £35 at my local CEX for a month ;p If within 2 weeks i'm sick of the MP i'll be taking the sucker in.

Cagen

58 sign ups so far, I hope the member limit is at least 100 heh. We've got over 30 in the beta clan so I think it's at least 50.

> <

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oi, all you adding your names adding into the clan, please have a mic

Not mandatory but puhhhleease try to have anything for communication

It is necessary in KZ3

Negaiido

Cagen said:
58 sign ups so far, I hope the member limit is at least 100 heh. We've got over 30 in the beta clan so I think it's at least 50.

> <

Am I in the beta clan btw, haven't played it much but I will play the full game as much as with KZ2 :) Hope I can join the KZ3 clan so I can own FFO once again.

DMeisterJ

Banned
GraveRobberX said:

It is necessary in KZ3

Yeah, that should have been on the spreadsheet.

DoomGyver

JB1981 said:
how do i copy/paste url for avatar? i'm so bad with shit like this.
right click > copy image location (if you're on firefox)

Or you could always right click > save as > then go to tinypic or any other image host and rehost it. c/p the url and go to your user cp.

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:

I have absolutely no idea WTF you're talking about.
cough

But yeah it's a very poor decision, the VP thing was like 50% of the fun. Way to ruin gameplay AND game mechanics, seriously :/

Cagen

Raist said:
I have absolutely no idea WTF you're talking about.
cough

But yeah it's a very poor decision, the VP thing was like 50% of the fun. Way to ruin gameplay AND game mechanics, seriously :/

You had better still be getting it, our little flutter on Dead Nation wasn't enough, I need you back in my life!

Not playing anything I play online, tease me by playing Dead Nation with me for a few nights, pretend to be at work when I come to visit you... something tells me you are trying to push me away :(.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
You had better still be getting it, our little flutter on Dead Nation wasn't enough, I need you back in my life!

Not playing anything I play online, tease me by playing Dead Nation with me for a few nights, pretend to be at work when I come to visit you... something tells me you are trying to push me away :(.

Damn, I thought you wouldn't notice :/

Anyways. Custom games back. Might purchase.
Day 1 if VP are back as well

Cagen

Raist said:
Damn, I thought you wouldn't notice :/

Anyways. Custom games back. Might purchase.
Day 1 if VP are back as well
What if I tell you, VP is back!* Oh Yeah!

*VP may not actually be back, in fact it isn't.

GraveRobberX said:

It is necessary in KZ3

agreed. mics in killzone should be mandatory.

Top Bottom