• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flappy Bird returning in August with mp

Mesoian

Kind of makes you wonder what the controversy was all about.

Good luck to him. It's gonna few way harder than last time now that the formula is known and has been expanded upon.

Ouren

Flappybird has mana now?

Y8reiVX.png

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
But I thought Flappy Bird was ruining his simple life!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yeah, about those millions of dollars I missed out on because I couldn't handle the pressure on Twitter.

I'd like some of it, my bad.

Goon Boon

Banned
Kind of makes you wonder what the controversy was all about.

Guy with a generic iOS game has his game randomly take off like 6 months after he released it (probably due to ranking bots), then he pulls his game when it gets too much attention (he lives in Vietnam, so either government might be corrupt or relatives at risk if they find out he's loaded due to ios) while claiming its because people were spending too much time playing his game.

He then pulled it and people were wondering why he'd give up easy money, with idiots believing the cover story of "people are playing too much flappy bird" and with other idiots saying that giving up 50k a day on ad money wasn't completely stupid.

Guy with a generic iOS game has his game randomly take off like 6 months after he released it (probably due to ranking bots), then he pulls his game when it gets too much attention (he lives in Vietnam, so either government might be corrupt or relatives at risk if they find out he's loaded due to ios) while claiming its because people were spending too much time playing his game.

He then pulled it and people were wondering why he'd give up easy money, with idiots believing the cover story of "people are playing too much flappy bird" and with other idiots saying that giving up 50k a day on ad money wasn't completely stupid.

If I was making 50k a day, I would be getting my ass out of the country if it was so corrupt.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I am still fascinated on how this game ever got popular. There is no justification for it.

kulapik

And there are entirely new games modes too, including one that features a man hoping from building to building.

That's a whole new concept, I don't think I've seen a game like that...

Yet he's bringing it back, brought a ton of personal attention to himself, and is making more games.
That's a whole new concept, I don't think I've seen a game like that...

From what I'm aware, that's supposed to be a separate game, not a game mode like Engadget is reporting. But yeah, hopefully that isn't made a big deal out of by the press just due to it being 'from the creator of Flappy Bird...'.

The Return of the King.

Whose press conference do you think will have exclusive Dong on stage?

It will be the headliner of Xbox One's Indie program, demonstrating how owning Kinect 2.0 will complete the Xbox experience.

I could see it happening oddly enough

Saganator

I'd be really surprised if its even half as successful as the original. Besides, whats stopping one of the clone flappy bird devs to put MP into their version before this guy does?

I'd be really surprised if its even half as successful as the original. Besides, whats stopping one of the clone flappy bird devs to put MP into their version before this guy does?

Coincidentally, just had this conversation with the wife:

Me: Flappy Bird is coming back.

Wife: Lol It's been back

Me: No. Knock offs were out there.

Wife: I know.

I have a feeling most people share her thoughts and don't care if it's the actual game or a clone, just as long as someone is hitting the fun button in their head.
Yeah, so I'm assuming he worked out whatever government/keep your family from being kidnapped and ransomed stuff that needed to be settled.

I suppose. Don't get me wrong, I have no ill will towards the guy. Just felt that if it was such a sensitive issue then he could have made a less 'sexy' excuse and just quietly remove it with some note on personal matters needing to be settled or some other boring, generic qualifier for his actions. His excuse took the situation to a higher profile then previously, which likely didn't help him if he was dealing with such a situation.

Top Bottom