• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Kusagari

Irma is definitely tracking east of the NHC and Euro paths at this point.

I could see landfall near Marcos Island and that would also mean worse winds for SE Florida.

cntr

Banned
Irma doing everything possible to fuck up as much as possible. A bit more east than fully expected putting SE FL in the shit. But apparently it's mostly due to an eyewall replacement cycle and the storm itself isn't really technically moving more east. Which still puts the west side of FL on the clock.

https://twitter.com/JohnMoralesNBC6/status/906877549623603202
Damn.

CNN is reporting, via Miami Herald, that everything in Key West is under water.
Damn.

Barzul

Many people consider their pets part of the family.

People are just different I guess. For me my son, wife, brother, sisters lives > than my dogs life.

My girl and I evaced and we got someone to watch our dog down there who is riding it out. We did fly out with the cat though.

pestul

CNN just talked with a dude hunkering down at Marco Island.. seems to be doing okay for now but the worst of it is definitely coming soon.

lol, mom sent pictures of 2 different frogs that are hiding behind the storm shudders. THey're just chilling out on the glass windows outside

Dinokill

A high school friend of mine who has a daughter with cancer, evacuated with his family to Memphis Tennessee from Sarasota Florida. Now the daughter's health deteriorated and he is in the children's hospital there. What a shitshow

cntr

Banned
A high school friend of mine who has a daughter with cancer, evacuated with his family to Memphis Tennessee from Sarasota Florida. Now the daughter's health deteriorated and he is in the children's hospital there. What a shitshow
Oh, man. :/

Hope it'll be okay and she pulls through.

III-V

what an absolute nightmare, hoping for the best

Tovarisc

DJXrtcPXkAAPIp0.jpg

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/906890069142798336

Steel

Banned
Is that really Key West? Do they have tall buildings there?

Been there multiple times. There's a couple of 4ish story hotels there, but nothing particularly tall. I'd be worried about the giant restaurant boats coming in and smashing up buildings though.

TyrantII

I'm thinking not since the chat keeps saying all key west cams are down. Not sure what this is. If fake (old footage), it's kinda douchey.

YouTube and Facebook shit click baiters put up old footage and broadcast it as live to get channel clicks/sub for when they put up pirated shit and run commercials.

People need to stop posting random social media shit that isn't verified.

2MF

It's definitely not Key West. Some people in the youtube chat are saying it's Miami but I have no idea.

I suspect it is Miami too because it looks suspiciously similar to a previously posted stream.

I mentioned the tall buildings because when I visited the keys I didn't notice any.

YouTube and Facebook shit click baiters put up old footage and broadcast it as live to get channel clicks/sub for when they put up pirated shit and run commercials.

People need to stop posting random social media shit that isn't verified.
I'm guilty here since I linked it. I'll edit my post.

III-V

11:00 AM EDT Sun Sep 10
Moving: N at 9 mph
Min pressure: 933 mb
Max sustained: 130 mph

Picked up its speed and has basically only moved north within the last two hours. We may see a big adjustment to the track within the next 10 minutes.

Top Bottom