• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Man arrested after lighting underwear on fire at Starbucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- A local man is charged with arson after he allegedly lit his underwear on fire at a West Tennessee Street Starbucks Tuesday afternoon.

Police say Randall S. Sullivan, 58, is charged with one count of arson after the incident in the coffee shop at the intersection of W. Tennessee and N. Copeland Streets.

Witnesses told police Sullivan went into the bathroom and remained in there for a long time.

Employees say after they could smell smoke, they checked on Sullivan as he was exiting the restroom, and found a burning pair of underwear on the floor. Another witness told police he walked into the restroom while Sullivan was in there and also saw feces on the floor.

Employees alerted officers who were already in the parking lot. Police say they found a lighter in Sullivan's pocket.

He was transported to the Leon County Jail.

Never change Florida Man, never change.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Loc...underwear-on-fire-at-Starbucks-409784745.html

marrec

Banned
I want there to be a more elaborate story as to what happened in that restroom.

Like, someone doesn't just go into a restroom, shit on the floor, then light their underwear on fire right?

Slayven

That is a smell you will never get out of your nose

I want there to be a more elaborate story as to what happened in that restroom.

Like, someone doesn't just go into a restroom, shit on the floor, then light their underwear on fire right?
I bet meth was involved. I remember a similar story happening in a walmart. Turned out the dude was out of his mind on meth

Every time I read a headline starting with "Florida man/woman" I've come to expect nothing less than crazy. And something possibly involving a huge snake or alligator.

Sulik2

Dude could have just been super sick, crapped his underwear and made a bad decision to try and burn them to get rid of what happened. Probably drugs involved too.

Dre3001

The guy in this story was homeless. I know the exact Starbucks location this happened at. There are tons of homeless people in this exact area, many of them unfortunately have mental disorders.

This location is really close to FSU and when the semester is going on the area is usually heavily patrolled by officers to make sure the students don't get harassed.

Sesha

I haven't been paying attention. Is this the first Florida Man story of 2017? I'm leaning towards "no".

Eh I dunno if you need to be too hard on this guy and charge him with arson. I mean like the other poster said he was probably homeless and mentally disturbed, he probably just shit his pants, went into the bathroom and took them off (getting feces in places) then wanted to get rid of the underwear.

Didn't want to walk out of the bathroom with them and get feces everywhere, couldn't flush them and didn't want people to deal with them in the trash stinking up the place so thought he would get rid of them by lighting them on fire. Not smart obviously but dunno if that warrants an arson charge (and especially hope it's not a felony).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom