• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FN3 for PS3: Downgrade or Bullshot???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calling bullshot, and I'm looking directly at you EA, first it was Madden 'target render' now it's this:

Remember how excited we were when we saw this:

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060901065539484.jpg

Just watched the High Def video of the game on IGN. This is the actual game:

fnali.jpg

The lighting is definitaly gone daddy gone. Can't tell anything else, but I'm super pissed that lighting was fake. When is EA going to learn that this stuff only causes backlash.

Another thing, the facial physics look nothing like the E3 'demo' from last year. Even though that was realtime, what the heck happened?

E3 2005 Facial physics Demo
fight_night_080805_qthighwide_thumb.jpg

Current PS3 physics Demo
fightnightps3_01_qthighwide_thumb.jpg

Yea I know the video has already been linked, but good god what a visual difference, even in stills, I mean really. I am shocked no one else has noticed this visual discrepency. That dreamlike lighting alone convinced me I would need to own a PS3 sometime soon, hell the video even had a choppy framerate in some scenes. The worst part had to be the spit sprite that flew out of the boxer's mouth in slow motion. What a ****ing joke.

c-angry.jpg

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748455/vids_1.html

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
not to mention they are in two different fighting arenas, which obviously would have different lighting.

GhaleonEB

I didn't think the video looked quite as good as the pics, but then it was at a much lower resolution, and was hand-cam footage (at least the IGN footage I saw). Not exactly the best basis for comparison.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
looks about the same considering you on purpose made it look like it was shit

if you want to make a thread like this, make an actual screenshot, don't tell us to go look at the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom