• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Dead at 50

I think I got to see them live 4 or 5 times. Love em, but they get have that affliction - like Green Day - to over and overplay the singles, when most of their best tracks are albums tracks.

Wasting Light was unequivocally their best album post 1999, so this set list - of a show I was at - was pretty fucking great

It always irked me how they always played "This Is A Call" and never "I'll Stick Around" which is the much better song

Last edited:

Ionian

That’s a real shame and non-covid related too.

That a relapse (apparently) could have been the cause... still, so young. And from any videos I've watched over the years, always appeared like such a nice guy. A shame if true his demons family caught up. He was on the top his game. But you can never know in these cases until all data is out.

Heartbreaking, few drummers with sure skill and energy currently playing. He was a natural.

A MASSIVE loss to the rock-world but more importantly to his family and friends. RIP, you legend.

Vestal

Gold Member
Guy was legit one of the best musician’s out there. Foo-Fighters on core with Dave on the drums and Taylor on the mic playing Under Pressure was always the cherry on the Sunday!

RIP

dem

Seen them a couple of times… last time was on the Echoes tour. Taylor was awesome.

Have tickets to see them this summer 😐

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Sat, March 26, 2022, 3:12 PM
author: Natalie Oganesyan
source: Taylor Hawkins chest pains

"Foo Fighters’ drummer Taylor Hawkins suffered with chest pains before his death Friday, Colombian authorities revealed in a statement Saturday.
In a Spanish-language statement on the matter, authorities revealed they received a report about a “patient with chest pains” in a hotel located in northern Bogota, in the town of Chapinero and dispatched an ambulance to the location. Upon arrival, a health care professional began the resuscitation process. “However, there was no response, and the patient was declared deceased,” Bogota’s Secretary District of Health said. A team from E M I, providing additional home health care via the company, was also at the scene. A full investigation is underway.

Colombia’s attorney general’s office confirmed in a tweet Saturday that a “team of prosecutors and investigators was assigned to attend to urgent events and support investigations.” According to AP News, Colombia’s Prosecutor’s Office released a statement saying “toxicological tests on urine from Hawkins’ body preliminarily found 10 psychoactive substances and medicines, including marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines.” However, it did not provide a cause of death and investigations are continuing
.."

Sad. Blood clot or blockage in the artery? Would explain chest pain. God Bless him. Really fucking sad.

Last edited:

squallheart

8Ij5MeN.jpg

Droxcy

Sat, March 26, 2022, 3:12 PM
author: Natalie Oganesyan
source: Taylor Hawkins chest pains

"Foo Fighters’ drummer Taylor Hawkins suffered with chest pains before his death Friday, Colombian authorities revealed in a statement Saturday.
In a Spanish-language statement on the matter, authorities revealed they received a report about a “patient with chest pains” in a hotel located in northern Bogota, in the town of Chapinero and dispatched an ambulance to the location. Upon arrival, a health care professional began the resuscitation process. “However, there was no response, and the patient was declared deceased,” Bogota’s Secretary District of Health said. A team from E M I, providing additional home health care via the company, was also at the scene. A full investigation is underway.

Colombia’s attorney general’s office confirmed in a tweet Saturday that a “team of prosecutors and investigators was assigned to attend to urgent events and support investigations.” According to AP News, Colombia’s Prosecutor’s Office released a statement saying “toxicological tests on urine from Hawkins’ body preliminarily found 10 psychoactive substances and medicines, including marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines.” However, it did not provide a cause of death and investigations are continuing
.."

Sad. Blood clot or blockage in the artery? Would explain chest pain. God Bless him. Really fucking sad.

Real shitty. Rest his soul that's probably a mix he does very often. Sad times for rock and roll once again.

It’s an easy mistake, since he joined the band before the album was released and appeared in all the videos.

Fuck! Then my ignorance is showing.
Still shitty tho
Well you can at least say he played it live every time, which is harder than doing it in the studio where you can do it in pieces and edit it.

The quick high-hat hits in that song are a pain in the ass to keep up, and keeping it up under hot lights is even more brutal.

Might be an OD if the Colombian police are right.

"Might be" ? They found 10 substances in him. In cases like this I cant feel sorry for the guy who left his family behind not due to a simple drug overdose of a single choosing...10 different substances. You are fucking 50 years old, not a teenager, I get having an addiction...but to stuff 10 different drugs inside you while having 3 kids wait at home for you....fuck off.

daveonezero

Banned
"Might be" ? They found 10 substances in him. In cases like this I cant feel sorry for the guy who left his family behind not due to a simple drug overdose of a single choosing...10 different substances. You are fucking 50 years old, not a teenager, I get having an addiction...but to stuff 10 different drugs inside you while having 3 kids wait at home for you....fuck off.
The two mentioned were probably prescriptions.

Saying 10 substances doesn’t mean much considering prescribed drugs and not knowing the amounts or half life.

cr0w

Old Member
Dunno if it was posted before but Hawkins also had an incredibly enlarged heart. Medical examiner said it weighed about 600g, twice what a normal human male heart weighs. He'd talked about it before. Supposedly suffered a "complete cardiac collapse", so it might not actually be an OD.

Top Bottom