• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive discount on Rock Band DLC tracks this week (over 1,100 songs)

FyreWulff

What about the Pro Guitar stuff?

Still 80msp, that's the lowest MS will let you mark DLC as costing. (the only things that can be lower are gamerpics/avatar items)

This is a good time to pick up any of the Legacy tracks that have Pro upgrades, since you're essentially getting the pro upgrade for 'free' for the original cost of the song.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any word on whether or not the sale is "permanent"?

Hrm, and I guess for pro-guitar, the Queen RB3 bundles still make more sense?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
it's so crazy how the market for these games exploded and completely disappeared within a few years thanks to over saturation lol

You can thank Activision for that. They were much worse when it came to releases. Harmonix was kind of bad, but nowhere near Activision's level. 2009 saw six Guitar Hero games (seven if you count DJ Hero) and only three Rock Band games.

Raistlin

OMG this is taking forever.

I'm in the process of purchasing everything on the list in order (that I don't own). I wish there was a 'buy all' package :p

Well $300 in and still going lol. This is my Christmas present for myself. Won't be doing my usual game&movie spree. I've been wanting to get a bit more serious for drumming - at least in terms of practice - and this is a great way for me. Haven't played in quite a while, but RB definitely lights the coals for the practice fire when I'm serious about it. I'll have to go back and upgrade all the Pro offerings later in the week.

Thank god I have a monitor (no HDCP for RB FTW) so I can watch the NE/Baltimore game while I buy all this shit :D

Raistlin

Also amusing ... I've stopped downloading because I think I'll run out of room.

Gonna have to either upgrade my HDD or backup/restore to one of my bigger PS3's.

jgkspsx

I wonder how much money Harmonix makes off each track at the discount. Also I wonder why they didn't do this sooner. Is it just a handful of us buying ridiculous quantities of songs? I'm $100 in and I still might get another $20 worth.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So... is this sale ending on Monday? I'm not sure if I should go off and buy some songs now or if it's okay to wait for when I might actually play these songs. lol

Raistlin

I got through the entire list of packs from the 1st post in the OP. Didn't do any of the singles in the follow up post though (might grab some if still on sale tonight).

I don't want to admit how much money I just spent. Though it's not hard to do the math. Crazy. I shouldn't have access to stuff like PSN, Ebay, or Amazon drunk. lol

Gaspode_T

Dude you should add me but you are playing on PSN?

I love playing RB drums, very relaxing: MemorexJ on XBL (hope my friends list isn't full)

I have been trying to buy points for this sale but credit card gets slammed for fraud protection every freaking time

pacman85

So... is this sale ending on Monday? I'm not sure if I should go off and buy some songs now or if it's okay to wait for when I might actually play these songs. lol
i saw a post on another site that said somebody from harmonix confirmed on facebook that this is NOT just a week long sale. this is even more evidence that this is a permanent price drop but harmonix was keeping quiet on how long these songs will be this price just to generate buzz and make people think they have to buy the songs asap. i still plan on buying some songs at the new price but i just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Raistlin

i saw a post on another site that said somebody from harmonix confirmed on facebook that this is NOT just a week long sale. this is even more evidence that this is a permanent price drop but harmonix was keeping quiet on how long these songs will be this price just to generate buzz and make people think they have to buy the songs asap. i still plan on buying some songs at the new price but i just haven't gotten around to it yet.

bush-mission.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks for checking. I'm going to hold off then and if they do raise the price, at least then I'll know that Harmonix were being dicks about it. :p

jgkspsx

I don't care if it is a permanent price drop - I've been wanting this stuff forever. I mostly bought the stuff I abandoned when I moved from Wii to 360 for RB3, which I said at the time I would have been happy to re-buy at half off.

I kind of hope it is permanent, but it will be amusing to see the gnashing of teeth if it's not. Wouldn't it end tonight if it's not?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume it'd be with tomorrow's update if it's a weekly sale like other weekly sales.

I guess we'll find out together! lol

jgkspsx

No, it wasn't advertised at all except in the Rock Band games. You would have to be following gaming news or playing Rock Band to know about it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I only saw advertisements within the music store in RB 3 and RB Blitz. I loaded up Rock Band 2 yesterday and saw no word on the sale. I just find it funny that the "sale" section is towards the bottom of the music store...almost as if it was trying to hide. There wasn't even a banner for it within the store like there are for new releases. Also, in PS3...when you go to the sale section, it doesn't display ALL the songs that are on sale. I think it only shows you half. You have to browse in the "all songs in Rock Band DLC" section thing to get ALL the songs that are in the sale to appear.

I've spent $30 so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, broke down and bought a few packs and some random pro-guitar tracks "just in case" the price goes back up. I actually surprised myself when I found out I already owned half the things I thought of buying though. lol

Figured I'd ask here. Where can I buy a RB3 drumkit for PS3? My son broke the pedal to my RB1 set which I've been using all these years. I havent touched the RB games in months as a result but hearing RB songs on the radio really get me in the mood. Are they hard to find and expensive?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Figured I'd ask here. Where can I buy a RB3 drumkit for PS3? My son broke the pedal to my RB1 set which I've been using all these years. I havent touched the RB games in months as a result but hearing RB songs on the radio really get me in the mood. Are they hard to find and expensive?
I'm going to guess that Madcatz would sell the drum accessories? You may be able to just get the pedal off of ebay or something.

I actually spent some time yesterday looking to see if the Fender Squier was still available and it looks like Fender discontinued it. I'm kind of glad, because I don't really need yet another guitar in my life. lol

I'm going to guess that Madcatz would sell the drum accessories? You may be able to just get the pedal off of ebay or something.

I actually spent some time yesterday looking to see if the Fender Squier was still available and it looks like Fender discontinued it. I'm kind of glad, because I don't really need yet another guitar in my life. lol
Thanks. I just figured I'd get a whole kit for the noise reduction and it's only a matter of time before the old pads break.

pacman85

another interesting bit of information regarding the length of this sale is that they didn't officially get the price dropped on every piece of dlc until yesterday (9/24) according to xbldb.com (scroll down about 2/3 of the way on that page) which continually scans the xbox.com marketplace for price changes. the last few songs to drop were "yyz" by rush and "zero" by smashing pumpkins so i guess microsoft was slowly getting around to dropping the price every piece of content in alphabetical order. i would think all of this would suggest that this "sale" will at least last another week if not permanently.

Spylon

Neo Member
I wouldn't take xbldb as absolute fact on the Rock Band sale. xbldb has always had problems with Rock Band because the pages stop working on xbox.com.

The Rock Band sale made me finally want to fix it but I didn't get to it until last night. But at least now I can scan individual offers. :)

Check this:
xbldb has issues with the music games, well rock band. It has too many pages and xbox.com starts responding with blank pages.
Page 45:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...fe-1000-9115-d802545607d5?page=45&pagesize=90

Page 46:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...fe-1000-9115-d802545607d5?page=46&pagesize=90

Note the above is with 90 offers per page. Less offers will make the break happen elsewhere.

jgkspsx

Still 80 points today. If the sale does end, odds are it will take forever, so there's that.

I miraculously got a free DLC code from the challenge goal despite waiting until Sunday to do it. Maybe it's because I joined the goal fast? Well, thanks, Harmonix, for that 1% refund. I used it to buy Godzilla and Rebel Yell.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Sale is confirmed to run at least until the end of November. I still suspect it'll be permanent but this gives a little sense of what timetable you've got.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Heh, they seem to be fairly shady about it all.

Turning on my PS3 for the first time in ages, I noticed that the DLC was 60% off for + members - but that only lasted a week - so I had no idea if that meant the sale was only a week or the sale for plus members was only for a week.

Top Bottom