• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Food blogger reviews Denver KFC's $7.99 all-you-can-eat Monday special

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
KFC chicken makes me shit in the worst possible ways, I swear their secret recipe includes industrial strength laxatives.

I'm going to El Pollo Loco for a real man's chicken.

mollipen

I'm a little confused as to why this would be a story, because I guess I'm used to having a KFC with a buffet available, and they have far, far more items. So, I'm not sure why this is a big deal.

(At least, it still had a buffet last I was there, but I haven't been in quite some time.)

turnbuckle

I have the oddest personal experience when it comes to KFC. Every other KFC I've ever been to has ranged from below average to awful - more awful the later in the day I go (hard chicken tenders, lukewarm chicken, etc). But, the KFC that's in a small town where I grew up in has an all-you-can-eat buffet and the quality of the chicken and sides are there are (or at least were) incredible. It's set up more like a traditional buffet though, and you can get chicken pot pie, etc.

Every time I think of KFC I think of the buffet at the one where I used to live, and every time I get KFC today I'm disgusted. The only popeyes within 30 minutes closed a few years back and there are few alternatives that don't also suck.

I'm a little confused as to why this would be a story, because I guess I'm used to having a KFC with a buffet available, and they have far, far more items. So, I'm not sure why this is a big deal.

(At least, it still had a buffet last I was there, but I haven't been in quite some time.)

Same here. Haven't been back to that KFC in over a decade but I heard they still have the buffet. The Wendy's there used to have a buffet too until around the turn of the millenium and they had this amazing nacho cheese and garlic bread.

Zoe

I've never seen one with a buffet.

Dump him and I will open you up to the world of true fried chicken.

2WSFw.jpg

I dont trust restaurant chicken

Their kitchens would probably pass stricter health codes than your personal one, and it is pressure cooked at such high heats that any concern about bacteria or salmonella are pretty much null and void.

I remember for a brief time in the 90s there was a KFC on the route between where my family lived and my grandparents lived that had all-you-can eat lunches every day of the week.

They had one of those buffet lines where people could help themselves and they just kept it stocked with chicken, fries, gravy and salads. That was many moons ago though.

Samara

Kfc chicken is something I get once every 2 years and thats because someone brings me some. theyre food is salty as hell.

I still cant understand how my brother used to drink the gravy.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
KFC chicken makes me shit in the worst possible ways, I swear their secret recipe includes industrial strength laxatives.

I'm going to El Pollo Loco for a real man's chicken.

are you on the west coast, or do el pollo locos exist outside of california and oregon?

either way, i can go for some el pollo loco

i think you mean msg.

Korey

When I eat a normal 2 or 3 piece meal, I'm pretty full.

Is all you can eat really worth it for 2-3 bucks more?

smr00

Banned
KFC is pretty terrible nowadays. The sides are tiny and disgusting. Taste like they came directly from a can and were heated in a microwave. And the chicken ranges from decent to terrible.
The last time i ate their i got a few chicken legs and a breast and i swear to god it was like 90% batter, 5% skin and 5% chicken.

There was literally 1-2 bites worth of chicken and the breast was just fucking pitiful.. Never again will i eat there.

When I eat a normal 2 or 3 piece meal, I'm pretty full.

Is all you can eat really worth it for 2-3 bucks more?
2-3 piece meal is like an appetizer to me so 2-3 bucks more? If the food was good i would be all over this shit.

tokkun

I get the sense that the purpose of this "review" was to give the author an excuse to mock poor people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom