• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio/Soccer Thread 2011/12 |OT4| Why always Tokyo Sexwale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get added to the Juventus fan section? :p

Also...

del-piero-madrid-3-o.gif

I raise you

mijatovic-o.gif

Interesting article about 1860 Munich: http://bundesligafanatic.com/?p=7118
http://bundesligafanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/hasan-ismaik-gr.jpg[IMG]
[B]Not Quite Thanksgiving Yet at 1860 Munich
[/B][/QUOTE]
It's sad they don't have any money because they have a great youth academy. Just in the last two years, they sold the Bender twins, Leitner, Mlapa, Volland, Baumgartlinger, Johnson and more. They could have fielded a good Bundesliga team with that.

Fady K

*APOLOGIES, OVERLY LONG POST INCOMING SORRYYYY* My opening post for this thread will be lengthy due to the posts I wanted to reply to from the last thread. I'll try to never make them this long again, I promise :p Only during the grand openings of a new thread :p I want to make a wish. Chelsea, as we celebrate yet another opening of a beautiful Footy GAF thread. Please, please, please, start playing better :'(

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase :'(

article-1268855262236-08BEB4FE000005DC-350870_636x300.jpg
Valencias-midfielder-Juan-001.jpg
Luka-Modric-007.jpg
roman_sad.jpg

frank.jpg
fernando-torres-chelsea-sad-cropped.jpg
David+Luiz+1122.jpg

Anelka2502_468x569.jpg
daniel-sturridge-11211.jpg

Fady why's Idris Elba in your avatar again? Are you watching The Wire as well ?

It was a tribute to the poster Messi here :) I would watch it though if I wasn't gaming/footballing/neogaffing (?) on my free time :0 I put Torres there as well hoping he'll get used more (you hear that AVB?!!)

Who says I'm not? :eek:

I thought I was Boas though :p And AVB is a Liverpool fan? Makes sense why he didn't want to bring on the former Liverpool players until the final 6 minutes :'(

Predictions for this weekend, while we wait for OT4?

Newcastle 2-2 Manchester United
Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool (though this game is on Monday)

None of the other games matter.

It would be interesting if Newcastle stop United from a win, I wouldn't expect it. And while I expect City to beat Liverpool (big shock if they didn't) 4-0 is a bit too much bro :0 Let's see how it goes :0

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 20,058
User Name Posts
Fry8 776
Kermit The Dog 667
Fady K 658
Yurt 531
WoodenLung 504

Oh shit.

Thank God I'll get busy next year :p

It's funny how when I dropped in points behind City's Kermit and Liverpool's Fry - Liverpool and City started doing better and Chelsea started doing worse. Need to post more :p

I am predicting here now that that bad run Chelsea has been having is going to come to an abrupt end pretty soon and all you guys will start to feel silly.

It's been a tough time, but thankfully it is very early still and there is a long way to go. The league title may be way off, but good performances - they have a lot of games to try to get better as a team overall.

OT4 in November, wow...

Can we hit OT10 before the end of the season?

We're counting on you Fady! :D

I'll have to try harder, which means hopefully Chelsea will try harder too :p

If he didn't multi quote we'd be there already!

Haha so true. Just imagine all this is one post. Unfair!

Also we are gonna put down City with Mata and Torres being the scorers

Would be the shock of the year if we even get three points against this crazy good team :0

Chelsea's game against Liverpool was pretty bad :( And if City keeps destroying like they are the title will be out of reach before too long.

Just can't finish worse than 4th I would think... I guess that would be a decent result for this season.

A new Chelsea fan in these threads :0 What was your previous avatar like?

elsk

Banned
Bayern v Villarreal: Neuer - Rafinha, van Buyten, Boateng, Lahm - Tymoshchuk, Alaba - Robben, Kroos, Ribery - Gomez

Mueller benched. Finally.

i did it once. its worth the hype. great atmosphere.

How did you get tickets?

I'm thinking about going to see the Bayern - Hoffenheim game over Spring Break.

Bayern v Villarreal: Neuer - Rafinha, van Buyten, Boateng, Lahm - Tymoshchuk, Alaba - Robben, Kroos, Ribery - Gomez

He's been playing non-stop since August.

Should've had a couple of weeks off much earlier.

Arnie

City game will be good, I'll watch that. Strong team too, think Balotelli will produce in his home country.

spidye

fucking time. he really needs it. would have been better if kroos had some time off too.

Empty

De Gea, Fabio, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Valencia, Young, Berbatov.

young as an attacking midfielder. looking forward to seeing that.

please play well berba.

Fry

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE : MANCHESTER UNITED X BENFICA
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE : NAPOLI X MANCHESTER CITY

My tv never airs the match I want to watch the most, amazing >_<

Feorax

Hart, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta, Kolarov, De Jong, Milner, Silvagod, Toure, Dzeko, Balotelli.

LETS DO THISSSSSSSS

Some big names in that team. Gives me hope a couple of them might be tired at the weekend.

Also, very ambitious given that city are in the same position as us, having to play in the Carling Cup 48hrs after our game.

Clegg

United team for Benfica

De Gea

Fabio
Ferdinand
Jones
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani

Young
Berbatov

Subs: Lindegaard,Rafeal,Smalling,Gibson,Park,Giggs,Hernandez

Ugh. It shows you how threadbare Uniteds midfield is when shooooooooooooooooooooooooot is back in the squad. Rooney is injured and Vidic is suspended.

Yen

Some big names in that team. Gives me hope a couple of them might be tired at the weekend.

Also, very ambitious given that city are in the same position as us, having to play in the Carling Cup 48hrs after our game.
Yeah but City can still throw out a first team full of internationals 48 hours after their game.

Fady K

"Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has been fined £12,000 and warned over his future behaviour after being found guilty of improper conduct for comments made about a referee, the FA said on Tuesday."

Chelsea FC's official response: "A request has been made to the FA for a written explanation of their decision and when we have received that, he will decide whether to appeal or not."

New thread, WHUT WHUT

tumblr_ln1j5sqVe91qg6sml.gif

Is that....Olivia :0 Stunning if so.

WJD

Really interested to see how this team is going to do. Looking for good games from Berb, Young and Carrick.

Temrer

Neo Member
Not sure if this is the best thread for it, but it is footie-related:

Without posting the horrifically NSFL images going around, can somebody explain the policies that have caused the huge BOYCOTT EURO 2012 movement? IIRC it's the Ukraine govt. "clearing" the stray-dog population, but can someone confirm/deny/explain?

Blablurn

How did you get tickets?

I'm thinking about going to see the Bayern - Hoffenheim game over Spring Break.

He's been playing non-stop since August.

Should've had a couple of weeks off much earlier.

back then i used the official website. it was 3 years ago for a DFB Pokal game during the week. one of the few chances to get a ticket.

but u could also take a look at http://www.viagogo.de/fcbayern?Affi...3godUSlrqg&PCID=BRGOODEBayer12AB7B249E-000002 which is the official ticket trading website of the fc bayern.

Already posted. :)

blablurn is getting old

confuziz

Banned
Not sure if this is the best thread for it, but it is footie-related:

Without posting the horrifically NSFL images going around, can somebody explain the policies that have caused the huge BOYCOTT EURO 2012 movement? IIRC it's the Ukraine govt. "clearing" the stray-dog population, but can someone confirm/deny/explain?

que?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom