• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

DOf63.gif

mMX55.gif

Impatient for football.

That Torres gif is physically painful to watch. At least he won the Euros for Spain.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's amazing how United are tied with City now, and just FOUR goals behind them.

SAF or SAF ?

That Torres gif is physically painful to watch. At least he won the Euros for Spain.

Euro2008 final was on TV the other night, Torres was a completely different player.

I half expect United to lose some ground to City over the next couple of games. I'm just hoping it's not the full 6 points.
Same, if we're back to 3 behind I think I'll take that.

I do always expect us to win at home though. Our home form hasn't been as good as last year this time around but I'm still quite confident we can beat Liverpool at Old Trafford. And with Chelsea as poor as they are right now, we should be able to win there too.

I'd be much more confident if we had Rooney and Nani playing though.

I'm practically illuminated with childish optimism.

Was browsing Redcafé injury thread. doicare should get this on a shirt.

QUOTE]:lol That is brilliant. Vidic should be worth 2 points!

bud

torres needs a fresh start. he should begin with getting rid of that awful hairdo he's currently sporting and go back to his euro 2008 one.

I'm practically illuminated with childish optimism.

Was browsing Redcafé injury thread. doicare should get this on a shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/cnVIf.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

That's why people say Man U and Spurs have such good squad depth. If Man City had the same number of injuries as either they would not be top of the league. Still, it's a testament to the great Squad that Harry has built here that we can have so many injuries and still be third.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
torres needs a fresh start. he should begin with getting rid of that awful hairdo he's currently sporting and go back to his euro 2008 one.
I miss this Torres

MoUjd.jpg

He'll always be my first transfer target in FIFA :p

United have cut Liverpool's ticket allocation for next weekend down to 2,100 from 3,100 on safety grounds as suggested by GMP and the council.

Hmm, away fans are slowly having their allocation cut across the league. Not a trend I want to see continue.

danwarb

United have cut Liverpool's ticket allocation for next weekend down to 2,100 from 3,100 on safety grounds as suggested by GMP and the council.

Hmm, away fans are slowly having their allocation cut across the league. Not a trend I want to see continue.

Football related arrests were down 9% in 2010/11 involving teams from England and Wales. There are generally more away arrests than home looking at these Home Office stats.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/public...rrests-banning-orders/fbo-2010-11?view=Binary

elsk

Banned
"I think it's a big problem for us if there are 2 or 3 injured players. We don't have a really good bench or a really good second team."

Franck Ribery

He's right but you know, I don't think anyone will appreciate that.

Fans will.

And, according to Rummenigge it's Jupp fault:

It was the express wish of the coach to not make any transfers in winter... We hope that we can come through with this squad. Quantity wise we are at the lower limit.

(link)

And, according to Rummenigge it's Jupp fault:

(link)

Bayern will never learn with that stuff. I remember some Dutchman saying he doesn't need more players and it didn't really work out. Well, ok, it did work out for us :D. Bayern is short of a quality CB, a replacement for Schweini, a true winger and a quality striker.

In the first eleven Bayern has the best team but I'd say our squad is better.

elsk

Banned
Bayern will never learn with that stuff. I remember some Dutchman saying he doesn't need more players and it didn't really work out. Well, ok, it did work out for us :D. Bayern is short of a quality CB, a replacement for Schweini, a true winger and a quality striker.

In the first eleven Bayern has the best team but I'd say our squad is better.

I agree. The only hope I have is the next coach to be a normal -intelligent- person.

I'm not surprised at all. I think it was a case of him being tired, and taking on half-chances cause he had nothing else to work with. I think this time out will have done him a world of good.

I agree. He was knackered before his ban. The summer was really catching up with him.

Carbonox

Perch played well in the last couple of games. Quit yer hatin!

I'm not gonna lie, he actually has done well. Him coming on for Ben Arfa was actually a great decision from Pardew yesterday and it worked out well enough. We were destroying them on the counter anyway so that's all we had to do and it paid off at the end.

He was also a great cover for Coloccini against Brighton, despite the result.

I just want to know what is happening to Kadar. Hungarians REPRESENT.

i would certainly argue. our first team squad is far superior, we have just been dealing with injury crises all season. for sunday we have nine first team players missing, most of them midfielders. juve has zero. if juve were playing in europe and were not getting extremely lucky with injuries the league table would be a different story. our team has been decimated for a while and we have still generally kept up pace.

i'm not knocking the team, the system conte has put together works very well and the team is entertaining for the first time in years. but the quality of the squad is not the best.

You're right about the injuries. I think we've done well to construct a team of some discarded world class players. I'd argue that Barzagli is easily one of the top 10 if not top 5 defenders in Europe at the moment, and we bought him at a bargain rate. Anyone who wants to challenge me on this evidently hasn't seen the man play under Conte. His ability to read the game has been second to none in Serie A though I think its obvious that his overall ability is nothing compared to Silva, for instance.

Add to that the explosion of Marchisio (how right were pundits in saying that this was Marchisio's make or break year? he's made it and Juve has been successful), Pirlo's rejuvination after a stagnate year at Milan, Vucinic's creativity on the left... we've done incredibly well for ourselves and it came at a relatively low cost.

Spurs are world class and we love them :p

Rossi? No one wants him now. I wanna see him beg, or preferably, post a picture on his twitter wearing a Borriello shirt with tears in his eyes.

Amici di dessun :p

Actually, I'm not sure how our coefficients work but I'm pretty sure first and second in Serie A still get top seed in CL.

elsk

Banned
God, can't wait for the CL to start again!
Also, any Napoli fan around here? How's Edu Vargas doing so far... the kid was awesome in last Copa Sudamericana.

Blablurn

im gonna be in china for one month starting february 14th. just saying in case somebody is going to miss me ._.

EDIT: omg, bishoptl just scared me a little for no reason lol. THIS AVATAR haha

elsk

Banned
im gonna be in china for one month starting february 14th. just saying in case somebody is going to miss me ._.

EDIT: omg, bishoptl just scared me a little for no reason lol. THIS AVATAR haha

So you're not posting from China? Feb is CL month, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom