• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you always have to mess up a good thing? Can't enjoy this page anymore - and I was really enjoying this page.

iFSkVmzLZXgB7.gif

ig0WG4KAKDcqi.gif

Ståle Solbakken = New Olivia Wilde of football GAF

Blablurn

Hey, cologne isn't in China!

What Cologne can learn from China.

but seriously. i just hope that podolski makes a couple of goals. from time to time it works. but now he's out again for two months. wouldnt surprise me if they get relegated in the end.

You are?! Footy-GAF meet up during Gamescom? See you there!

haha, see u there! but gamescom is shit if ur just a normal visitor. had a press card two times and it made the stay so much better when dont have to fight against thousands of other people

I knew he's screw them over. It's in his DNA. Bald people can't be trusted.

LarryDavid.gif

If you search for his name and pick high res photos only on google, there will appear photos of him with hair on his head... and one where he is naked. So enjoy.

I expected way more from Solbakken + FC Köln. I thought he did a great job with Copenhagen.

Köln are apparently just doomed to eternal shittyness. He will come back and lead us to Champions League glory next season.

elsk

Banned
can u guys believe it that we sold lucio and van bommel thanks to van gaal? just imagine they would still play for us...

SHUT UP BLABLURN :(

Anyway, Paulo Sergio said some interesting things in an interview.

Paulo Sergio: Bayern side would have given the current Barcelona team a run of their money.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...ayern-munich-right-to-reject-ordinary-robinho

Former Bayern Munich ace Paulo Sergio has described AC Milan's Robinho as "nothing special" and admitted that he now understands why the Bundesliga outfit were dead against signing his fellow Brazilian.

The now-retired forward has revealed that while he was working as a scout for the Bavarians, he recommended that they sign his compatriot, who was still at Santos at the time.

“I think a transfer would have been possible, so I called Munich and asked if there was an interest," Paulo Sergio explained during an interview with Spox.com.

“Bayern refused: they simply would not have Robinho. Back then, I did not understand it.

"[But] everyone has seen what has happened to Robinho. Bayern were quite right. Although he plays for Milan, he is nothing special.

“He has nothing extraordinary in himself; he is a normal footballer. And a normal footballer cannot take Bayern to the next level."

Paulo Sergio feels, however, that Bayern are currently in need of some fresh faces, believing that the Bavarians' current line-up is not as strong as the one which lifted the Champions League in 2001.

"Then they had 16 players on a high level," he mused. "That was the key for the Champions League title.

"Such depth is currently lacking. If two of Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben, Thomas Muller and Mario Gomez are out, the attack no longer works.

"However, at the time we had Giovane Elber, Mehmet Scholl, Carsten Jancker, Alexander Zickler and me in a three-man forward line, and behind us Stefan Effenberg, 'Brazzo' Salihamidzic, Bixente Lizarazu, and Willy Sagnol. The attack was a different class."

Paulo Sergio believes that the 2001 Bayern side would have given the current Barcelona team a run of their money.

"It's hard to compare because today a different type of football is played," he reasoned. "Nevertheless, I'll put it this way: we always looked good against Spanish teams.

"In 2001 we defeated Real Madrid 1-0 at the Bernabeu, and the year before 4-2. And at that time Real had Raul, Luis Figo and Roberto Carlos. So I think that we would contend with Barca today."

Paulo Sergio spent three years in Munich, scoring 21 goals in 77 Bundesliga appearances for the club.

Football players only. And I'm not going to search for that picture. Not yet.

1225208038580_f.jpg

Daniel Jensen never recovered from Gravesens dick assault, wouldn't trust him.

Edit : Oh wait, that wasn't Daniel Jensen. Still wouldn't trust him, he also assaulted poor Grønkjær together with Tøffe.

Hixx

Habib Beye's contract finished at Villa so he can join Doncaster permanently...

Remember when he wasn't a waste of space? When Villa signed him, quite a few clubs were after him... including us.

offshore

Habib Beye's contract finished at Villa so he can join Doncaster permanently...

Remember when he wasn't a waste of space? When Villa signed him, quite a few clubs were after him... including us.

Solid player back in the day... disappointed he left us for Villa. Probably wished he'd stayed with us now.

Carbonox

Solid player back in the day... disappointed he left us for Villa. Probably wished he'd stayed with us now.

Back when we signed Cacapa and Beye, along with a bunch of others, I thought we were European class, then the two seasons prior to Championship played out and we were shite. Then again, our selling of top players (Parker, Milner, N'Zogbia, etc.) outweighed our income of top players (at least on paper).

and who should play in your opinion?

Boateng - Hummels - Höwedes - Lahm

RB is a bit hard, I don't see anyone that good there, Boateng probably the best. Just keep Träsch away please.

That bit about Badstuber wasn't serious. We still need him
on the bench

spidye

Boateng - Hummels - Höwedes - Lahm

RB is a bit hard, I don't see anyone that good there, Boateng probably the best. Just keep Träsch away please.

That bit about Badstuber wasn't serious. We still need him
on the bench

boateng is an aweful right back. he played much better as a cb in bayern.
hummels wasn't great in the german national team either. I can't explain it. he's top class in dortmund but rather lacklustre in the german shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom