• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson

Any pics of Arsenal's new kit?

This is apparently the new away top next year

newawaykit.png

Looks disgusting and something spurs would wear. I would love the one below to be our away kit. Yellow and blue, nice and simple

scaled.php

Carbonox

Mike Ashley is sacking Pardew if he plays Ameobi on Sunday.

:lol :lol

Surely Mike is even pissed off that Ameobi is being played. Then again, I have to question anyone in the club not being opposed to Pardew playing him. It's not a state secret: Ameobi is shit. His 1/1254656345 moment of god-tier glory just isn't good enough for the Premier League.

feel

another vote for removing the multiple languages from the next thread title, never liked how that looked (if there's no Futebol, I don't care about reading the others)

My thoughts about the last month in football:

- Goddamn we are playing rubbish. Practically doubling the pressure on ourselves and keeping United in it. Mancini is getting wobbly.
- Ballotelli stamp? Unarguable red card. No arguments. Fucking loved it that he stuck around and buried Tottenham though, Bungieware's tears were amazing.
KuGsj.gif

- Liverpool bending us over in the Cup was demoralising, but Mancini's team selection were naive, or complacent, depending what you think of him.
- Oh how we miss Yaya Toure. I think some are underestimating how weakened we were/are without Kompany and Yaya, but then I underestimated how integral Yaya is to our team. In my eyes, he's even more important than Silva.
- Joe Hart is the best keeper in the country.

I'll get onto the thread developments later.

ronaldo and messi gifs are perfect

olivia wilde still has a serious case of man jaw, Messi

Not sure if you saw me say it a month ago, but I fully agree and think the same about her jaw. It's manly. It's square. It's off-putting. I likened it to a garbage compactor. Personally, I like my women to be feminine. Not "feminine" in the way Salazar enjoys his "women", but feminine ala Taylot Swift, Isla Fisher, Rachel McAdams, Jessica Alba, etc.

Messi

Not sure if you saw me say it a month ago, but I fully agree and think the same about her jaw. It's manly. It's square. It's off-putting. I likened it to a garbage compactor. Personally, I like my women to be feminine. Not "feminine" in the way Salazar enjoys his "women", but feminine ala Taylot Swift, Isla Fisher, Rachel McAdams, Jessica Alba, etc.

I see where the opinion comes from, but I just like it.

Different strokes different folks.

Arnie

My thoughts about the last month in football:
- Joe Hart is the best keeper in the country.

I'd have probably argued against this point a month ago, but after that performance in the second leg he certainly won me over. He's definitely up there.

Oh and I appreciate you commenting on that blog a few weeks ago, and apologize for not replying, I've been in rampant exam mode this past month so completely forgot about it. Your presence just reminded me.

Oh dear god, it's the second (or is it fourth now?) coming!

Two 1-month holidays and a week vacation. If anything, this latest one was the most unjustified, but I've learnt my lesson about posting on the gaming side. Nonsense place, that.

Anyway, here's a rough little video I made during the Liverpool v Man United FA Cup just gone. Liverpool fans like odd and Arnie will enjoy it. There's a nice rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone" in there. Footage taken at the Pig, of course.

Mastadon

Banned
I'd have probably argued against this point a month ago, but after that performance in the second leg he certainly won me over. He's definitely up there.

Oh and I appreciate you commenting on that blog a few weeks ago, and apologize for not replying, I've been in rampant exam mode this past month so completely forgot about it. Your presence just reminded me.
Hart is one of the best shot stoppers around, but he does have a few areas that could be improved. There were a couple of times in the games against us for examplewhen he picked up to ball after our attack had broken down and, instead of throwing it out and perhaps start a counter attack, he'd hold on to it or kick it downfield. Or he'd roll it to a defender instead of waiting for a midfielder to be make space.

Just little points really, will definitely come with time.

Hart's greatest (and only, really) weakness is how he tends to push shots back out into the goalmouth. Once he cuts that out he'll be supreme. I guess his distribution could improve a little but it's not essential for a keeper to be picking out stunning long balls like Reina does and VDS did.

Hart's greatest (and only, really) weakness is how he tends to push shots back out into the goalmouth. Once he cuts that out he'll be supreme. I guess his distribution could improve a little but it's not essential for a keeper to be picking out stunning long balls like Reina does and VDS did.

I honestly think the focus on 'distribution' is amusingly overstated. Not in Hart's case, specifically, but the importance many place on such an attribute. I hear people going on about Reina's distribution as if it's godly, and from what I've seen it's good, but given the impact keeper distribution has on games, meh.

Welcome back Kermit I have missed your incorrect opinions :p but seriously hart isn't all that, fantastic reaction shot stopper, average everything else IMO Friedel is still better even at 96.

Time for me to become mr unpopular but can we cut out the girlie pics next thread? If I wanted to look at average looking women id turn on babsestation or drive to Liverpool

WJD

I honestly think the focus on 'distribution' is amusingly overstated. Not in Hart's case, specifically, but the importance many place on such an attribute. I hear people going on about Reina's distribution as if it's godly, and from what I've seen it's good, but given the impact keeper distribution has on games, meh.

To be fair it was his distribution that led to the winner last weekend, unfortunately.

Welcome back Kermit I have missed your incorrect opinions :p but seriously hart isn't all that, fantastic reaction shot stopper, average everything else IMO Friedel is still better even at 96.

To be frank, I haven't taken your footballing opinions seriously since your laughable "FUUUUUU Keane" period which, thankfully, you've seemed to forgotten about.

I remember seeing you say Hart wasn't world class recently, and then I remember myself laughing.
KuGsj.gif
Hart is world class, and by that I mean he'd be seriously looked at by all the big clubs in Europe if he was up for sale. He's not perfect, and does make the occasional error (hasn't made one for 3 or 4 months though), but he's in the top tier of keepers.

His weaknesses have been parrying and urgency, but he's got that worked out now.

Mastadon

Banned
I don't think it's a massive issue, but it's an aspect to Reina's game that does have a measurable impact on Liverpool's game. Reina has directly created 5 goalscoring chances, just from being able to spot the best player to pass to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom