• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
i like you more than wilbury

I bet he's gutted.

do any city fans have an old 'team bridge' shirt I could borrow?

Hahaha! Fair play.

No, I think I've been a bit unfair in my defense of Swansea and I've got nothing against Sunderland. I like O'Neill as well, and you take all our old players. Sunderland finishing top 10 would be great.

Also I picked them on football manager once and came 4th so suck me.

In case you misunderstood me, I don't feel any sense of entitlement about Chelsea. I only feel nothing but disappointment about how dull they play - particularly in attack. They brought AVB to help Chelsea with attractive football? It's unfortunate that he is possibly the only manager in the last decade to give Chelsea a dull football style. Funny cause at the start of the season, including that loss to United, I felt nothing but satisfaction with our attacking style.
I wasn't actually referring to you in that part Fady.

Oh it's coming...

images746097_anh_2_.jpg

Hixx

Hahaha! Fair play.

No, I think I've been a bit unfair in my defense of Swansea and I've got nothing against Sunderland. I like O'Neill as well, and you take all our old players. Sunderland finishing top 10 would be great.

Also I picked them on football manager once and came 4th so suck me.

O'Neill out, Wilbury in?!

Puma should leak our next season's shirt. Can't wait to see it. I'd bet they wait until Marco Reus can do promotion for it to present it officially.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't really justify spending the money on a United shirt at the moment when a) I have no money, b) I don't play for a team or manage to get down the park enough and c) next years looks shite. I hope uni do a 5 a side team, I'd be down.

Capello should appoint himself Captain, issue solved.

In case you misunderstood me, I don't feel any sense of entitlement about Chelsea. I only feel nothing but disappointment about how dull they play - particularly in attack. They brought AVB to help Chelsea with attractive football? It's unfortunate that he is possibly the only manager in the last decade to give Chelsea a dull football style. Funny cause at the start of the season, including that loss to United, I felt nothing but satisfaction with our attacking style.

I think AVB can do great. Sometimes I don't know what kind of back room interference Chelsea managers face though from transfers to episodes like Ray Wilkins leaving.

Also, they need more youngsters.

Yeah, will do it tonight after work.

Any further suggestions for the tagline? Some options so far:

|OT6| doicare about injuries?
|OT6| Wild for Wilde
|OT6| The absolute worst thing you can say about this thread is it's in the top 5 on GAF
|OT6| Factually Wrong Opinions
Either one of those.

Juve kits looks great, I can finally pick one up next season =)

There are 2 separate Chelsea squads that are currently being merged into one. You've got the OLD guard who simply aren't the same players they were 5 years ago, and you've got the new influx of younger talent that aren't ready to shoulder the pressure (and haven't had time to develop).

There's no middle ground to support either group. No younger players that can help the older guys out, and the older guys are too old (and in some cases appear reluctant) to help the younger guys out during a game. Basically, instead of a phased transition from one squad to another Chelsea have had no transition period at all and are currently smack bang in the middle of one they were not really prepared for.

Oh.. and Torres.

Capello should appoint himself Captain, issue solved.

I think AVB can do great. Sometimes I don't know what kind of back room interference Chelsea managers face though from transfers to episodes like Ray Wilkins leaving.

Also, they need more youngsters.
Plenty of youngsters, we just don't give any of them a chance.

Kyoufu

I hope something radically changes in the premiership so that the current dynasties and status quos are shoved aside for fresh faces to take the spotlight.

I want to see Newcastle vs Sunderland at the Community Shield for a decade.

Carbonox

I hope something radically changes in the premiership so that the current dynasties and status quos are shoved aside for fresh faces to take the spotlight.

Agreed. Let's get Stoke City winning the league. The mindfucksplosion would disrupt the space time continuum.

elseanio

Agreed. I don't think the different languages thing is that important. If people really care we should just rotate between threads.

Thats a great odea. Could even do a little extra in the OP for whatever country we use, and all try follow their leagues a little closer.

Wilbur

Banned
Nooooo I like all the news being in one thread :( I reckon some other threads will die if Prem League is exclusively one thread. We need other stuff as well

Nooooo I like all the news being in one thread :( I reckon some other threads will die if Prem League is exclusively one thread. We need other stuff as well

No no. That's not what we meant. For example if OT6 is the "Football" thread then OT7 can be the "Fussball" thread and OT8 the "Voetbal" thread etc.

Saves space for the titles and as Elseanio said we can try to follow the particular league closer for the duration of that thread.

Yen

No, it's only the name changing. We don't need 6 versions of the same word in the thread title.

Wilbur

Banned
No no. That's not what we meant. For example if OT6 is the "Football" thread then OT7 can be the "Fussball" thread and OT8 the "Voetbal" thread etc.

Saves space for the titles and as Elseanio said we can try to follow the particular league closer for the duration of that thread.

Oh well then I just suck. Apologies.

Good idea that, then I can truly devote my heart to Dortmund, Roma and Bilbao

Yen

Andy Carroll pretty much still lives in Newcastle. Was playing in goal last night on the 3g pitches in Gosforth (as well as spotted partying in town).
Drinking five days before a match? Sack him!

Edit: Liverpool will play Barça or Ajax in the Next Gen semi final after Spurs had to withdraw for fielding an illegible player.

I think the reason AVB is playing all these fossils of the past players is a complete long-term strategy thing, by playing all of them now and letting the fans see for themselves how inept they are there will be no complain next season when they are shipped away. Doing this also have the benefit of some oft he older ones proving themselves so they are saved from being shipped away.

I personally am not concern with winning anything this season but I am not about to lose faith in AVB so quickly his Chelsea in preseason and earlier this season was looking pretty good so I am gonna continue support him and see what he make of the squad come next season.

Franco Di Santo's leg after that challenge from BAE a couple of days ago.

Can be seen here

Ouch!

Edit - Stewart Downing won't face charges after his arrest on suspicion of assault. As expected then.

Also, a MUFC fan was arrested yesterday and charged with making racist and abusive comments towards Stoke City players. Fans in the north stand reported him and he's set to appear before magistrates next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom