• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

I always wonder how we don't hear anywhere near as much moaning from Championship teams; excluding the teams in Europe, they play an extra 8 games than Prem teams with no winter break either.

That's a bloody good point. EPL = pansies. ¬_¬
Then again, isn't the Championship fixtures better handled? Plenty of kick-offs @ 3pm, as an example.

Scum

I also think De Jong is running out of time with his contract stalling. The signing of De Rossi may also point to something, if it comes off which I have been told its very likely.

Wait! What?? De Rossi might be off to City?? :eek:

madmackem

Wow what a game, players worked there socks off, we were missing alot of players and some who started were no where near fit but they give there all. Always going to be a tough game against a team like city and we rode our luck had some chances ourself and nicked it at the end.

Anyone see MON getting the shits when the cameraman's phone went off during the interview? He paused until it finished then snapped back at the BBC reporter who was trying to make a joke of it. :lol

dc89

Wait! What?? De Rossi might be off to City?? :eek:

Yup. Guy I speak to on Twitter who is very well respected and followed by a lot of City fans, calls all the transfer moves right etc.

He strongly believes we will get De Rossi. And if he does, I do because I know no better.

When people were like, when is Nasday, when is Nasday he called it would be late and called it correct.

De Rossi's contract is up at the end of the season and he hasn't signed a new one. Could be signed now on the cheap or sign a pre contract agreement.

Wow what a game, players worked there socks off, we were missing alot of players and some who started were no where near fit but they give there all. Always going to be a tough game against a team like city and we rode our luck had some chances ourself and nicked it at the end.

Congrats mate, hope you soaked it up. Your fans were brilliant all day and the atmosphere was top notch. I didn't hear the roar at the end but that was mainly because I was throwing shit around my living room. Apparently it was amazing.

Scum

Well, after today's game, I'll assume Mancini would want De Rossi at the club as soon as. So long, De Jong. I expect a cheeky bid for van Persie as well. :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Rossi is a semi-youth product of Roma, born in Roma and his father was a former Roma player and Roma's Primavera coach. It's gonna take something REALLY special to take him outside of Italy.

Arnie

I blame this for Lucas getting injured.

Must've had an effect, Lucas was boss in the City game, worked his socks off.

Don't know how the FA can justify it really, especially when clubs pay so much care, attention and let's face it money to keep these players healthy.

I mean, I love the Winter fixture period as much as anyone but there's a degree of common sense needed.

De Rossi is a semi-youth product of Roma, born in Roma and his father was a former Roma player and Roma's Primavera coach. It's gonna take something REALLY special to take him outside of Italy.
www.mcfc.co.uk?

It's interesting that, apparently, City are finding it hard to break teams down once they sit back.

Alot of the time when teams play United and sit back..you hear fans say, why don't they attack etc.

I think it's a bit of a puzzle for City right now and so they're finding it tough. If you come onto this City team they will cut you apart. United are also very good on the counter and can do the same. The only way to play effectively against City, for the teams lower down the league in particilar, is to sit deep and frustrate and just take any chances that come your way. It's kind of what Blackburn did yesterday.

Just got back from the match. That goal was worth the price of my season ticket alone. Fantastic.

Best I've seen Cattermole play in the past year, its amazing the difference O neil has made in such a sort time. The whole mood around the club has been lifted.

dc89

It's interesting that, apparently, City are finding it hard to break teams down once they sit back.

Alot of the time when teams play United and sit back..you hear fans say, why don't they attack etc.

I think it's a bit of a puzzle for City right now and so they're finding it tough. If you come onto this City team they will cut you apart. United are also very good on the counter and can do the same. The only way to play effectively against City, for the teams lower down the league in particilar, is to sit deep and frustrate and just take any chances that come your way. It's kind of what Blackburn did yesterday.

West Bro and Sunderland have both payed 80% of the game with 10 men behind the ball and its worked. Up to City now to figure something out. There will always be teams who don't do it and will get slaughtered because City will find the space.

Liverpool won't play like that, I don't think they will get a spanking but City will score on Tuesday and then it's up to Liverpool.

Karma, that's what City get for being a bunch of fouling assholes all game long.

Wow so when United dominate and lose its bullshit and bad luck but when its City its karma.

This kid is too much.

In other news I have nearly 24 hours left of feeling optimistic about Rovers until we go and lose to Stoke at home tomorrow

Also teams like us simpyl have to sit back and hope to break or get a set piece, worked perfect for us yesterday and apparently the Mackems today.

faridmon

One of my closest friend is a die hard Roma fan (that is why I decided to follow Roma in Seria A) and he strongly believe that He will not renew his contract with Roma and want a move abroad. The reason why he is not staying in Roma is that he doesn't want to play for another team in Italy beside Roma. He strongly belliev that he is going to Real Madrid as Morinhou was sniffing around him for the past year or so.

You must have come in a taxi chant.

If you'd didn't have a clown wearing a Liverpool jersey as your avatar, I'd have no clue who you supported, going by your posts. I was referring to real fans, of which you are not one.

Viva, yeah it was obvious even at the 30 minute mark that today was going to be a long 90 minutes. Teams have worked us out, at least the ones who are just looking for a point.

And if anyone wants a laugh right now, go to the Blue Moon forums. Sickening.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
One of my closest friend is a die hard Roma fan (that is why I decided to follow Roma in Seria A) and he strongly believe that He will not renew his contract with Roma and want a move abroad. The reason why he is not staying in Roma is that he doesn't want to play for another team in Italy beside Roma. He strongly belliev that he is going to Real Madrid as Morinhou was sniffing around him for the past year or so.

It's hard to say no to Madrid and United!

Seep

jHiqk.gif

That man is an absolute bellend.

Mastadon

Banned
Hope you guys had better NYE's than me. My little boy has been admitted to the intensive care unit with breathing problems and has been intubated and put to sleep for at least 48 hrs.

Feels bad man :(

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
It's pretty disgusting scheduling for City, especially with United & Newcastle's Wednesday TV match after they played on Saturday & Friday.

Both those games should have switched places.

madmackem

Hope you guys had better NYE's than me. My little boy has been admitted to the intensive care unit with breathing problems and has been intubated and put to sleep for at least 48 hrs.

Wow man puts football in its place, hope your son gets well soon.

elseanio

West Bro and Sunderland have both payed 80% of the game with 10 men behind the ball and its worked. Up to City now to figure something out. There will always be teams who don't do it and will get slaughtered because City will find the space.

Liverpool won't play like that, I don't think they will get a spanking but City will score on Tuesday and then it's up to Liverpool.

Gonna be tough. Pretty sure you guys haven't lost at home yet? Conceded very few too.

Fancy Bellamy having another great game.

Scum

Get well soon, little one.

Well shit. Sending a hug down the phone line mate. Thinking of you.

=(

Shit. Hope hes well and healthy very quickly mate.

dc89

Get well soon Mini-Mastadon.

WJD

Shiit, get well soon Mastadon Jr

Lakitu

st5fu

That makes me very sad, can't imagine how worried you must feel now, hope your little guy gets well soon.

Gonna be tough. Pretty sure you guys haven't lost at home yet? Conceded very few too.

I'm not sure he'll play. His dodgy knee and all.

Fuck that's heartbreaking mate, really thinking of you all.

They know anything else?

Fry

Will his knees allow him to play? Newcastle's game wasn't long ago, he might come off the bench I'd guess

:/ I hope all goes well man.

Feorax

Thoughts are with you mate. Hope he gets well soon.

Mastadon

Banned
Thanks for the support lads, means a lot.

Jeff: They suspect it's really extreme croup but they don't know 100% yet. They're keeping a close eye on him.

Arnie

Fuck that's awful, hope he gets better soon mate.

I had a good new year but my brother got mugged on the way home from a party by a group of eight lads. They broke his nose, stole the money from his wallet and swiped his Stone Island jumper. Fucking idiots, it's times like these I wish Batman actually existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom