• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hope you guys had better NYE's than me. My little boy has been admitted to the intensive care unit with breathing problems and has been intubated and put to sleep for at least 48 hrs.

Feels bad man :(
GET WELL SOON LITTLE MASTADON

IceCold

I cried watching this gif from the OP:

20zrbwlchwd.gif

lol

Where is it from?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck football I don't feel like posting

Mastadon please update us about your little boy

elsk

Banned
I don't know how to 'support' in english, but Mastadon, I really hope your little kid will be fine soon :) Please update us.

Woa, I know that feeling Arnie... At least he's ok. Here they just kill you after taking your cellphone or money.

Scum

I don't know how to 'support' in english, but Mastadon, I really hope your little kid will be fine soon :) Please update us.

Woa, I know that feeling Arnie... At least he's ok. Here they just kill you after taking your cellphone or money.
Holy shit! O.O

Just seen Ji's winner. Good good finish that. It was offside, but I heard people saying it was "miles" offside, wasn't that far off. Certainly and surely off, but not by miles.

The linesman is actually standing behind the play, from his view it must look level, he should be in a position where he can see right across the defensive line.

Arnie

Yes I'm just thankful he's alive and generally in alright health. A broken nose isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things. He's an avid boxer too so there's a risk he might've tried to fight them off and in the process made things worse for himself.

Labadal

Hope you guys had better NYE's than me. My little boy has been admitted to the intensive care unit with breathing problems and has been intubated and put to sleep for at least 48 hrs.

That sucks. Get well little one. Be sure to pull your dad's chest hair when you get well. (My friends' kid does this to me all the time.)

Happy to ring in the new year with some absolutely incredible results. Hope you all had a great time however you chose to spend it. Lord knows mine was spent eating prawn rings and crappy corn snacks.

Thoughts are with you, Mastadon.

TeegsD

Wake up after one hell of a night to see that City fucking lost. HAHAHAHAHAHAH what a great way to start 2012.

@Mastadon - Hope Mastadon Jr gets better. We're all here for you

faridmon

I Know its not much but, I hope your little soldier pulls through. Intensive care is always bad news and I have experienced it myself.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games

My thoughts are with your kid, you & your family, hope it all works out for the best.

Get well soon.

I have a feeling that if United had won easily yesterday as people expected them too, City would have done the same today.

Football is a crazy sport.

Arnie

Was in the pub last night, talking to this person about New Year's resolutions. He looked visibly upset as he told me about how he failed last years five goals he had set himself. I put my arm around him and said "Never mind Fernando, there's always 2012".

ShogunX

Was in the pub last night, talking to this person about New Year's resolutions. He looked visibly upset as he told me about how he failed last years five goals he had set himself. I put my arm around him and said "Never mind Fernando, there's always 2012".

Fernando-Torres-Liverpool-007.jpg

Hope your lad makes a speedy recovery Mastadon - Never nice when you have children in hospital, Experienced it a few times myself.

Fady K

I hope your kid gets well Mastadon, God bless him. Update us.

City fans, I feel you. You should have had a point from that. But alas, a lot of wrong decisions have marred the League this season. Good on Sunderland for fighting hard. Ever since MON came on he has made them a much better team. They almost held Tottenham as well.

Guys, for those who are into that kind of film, the new Sherlock Holmes film (A Game of Shadows) is FANTASTIC.

bjaelke

Hope your son will be alright, Mastadon.
I hope your kid gets well Mastadon, God bless him. Update us.

City fans, I feel you. You should have had a point from that. But alas, a lot of wrong decisions have marred the League this season. Good on Sunderland for fighting hard. Ever since MON came on he has made them a much better team. They almost held Tottenham as well.

Guys, for those who are into that kind of film, the new Sherlock Holmes film (A Game of Shadows) is FANTASTIC.

Speaking of Sherlock Holmes. Remember to watch the tv-series on BBC tonight.

I know one club that'd have him, and play him. It's January too.

It'll never happen though.

It's awful from the FA. And completely unnecessary. Was the same when we had that fixture with Chelsea 48 hours after playing City at Anfield. Ridiculous.
We played Villa yesterday and are playing Wolves tomorrow. Chelsea fans want some of the City scheduling sympathy.

Was Andy Caroll behind him forming a queue?

I wonder if Rooney will play vs Newcastle after the rumour about him being axed for the Blackburn game.

If it's true he was getting drunk on the night of the Wigan game, he deserved it. Would sum up why he will never be one of the very top players in the world (I'm talking top 5)...he hasn't got the right professionalism.

The Daily Mail article was terrible though, as usual. Still, could be based on a true story.

I always have been curious as to how much time guys who are this physically fit need to recover.

Definitely more than a day after playing as much as they have been over the last month. The pace of PL games (and most other leagues, but esp the PL) is incredible. I always used to think that was an over-used statement but now that I go to live matches...it really shows.

It's obviously not impossible, but certainly into the 2nd half of games it'll take it's toll and players who have had a few days extra rest will be at a big advantage IMO.

The iron will to win your games regardless of your competitiors' results, ensuring that you pull away from the pack rather than fighting them all season.

Man Utd have lost it, City never had it.

Come at me Mancs :p

(edit: Come to think of it, nobody in the league has it)

The iron will to win your games regardless of your competitiors' results, ensuring that you pull away from the pack rather than fighting them all season.

Man Utd have lost it, City never had it.

Come at me Mancs :p

(edit: Come to think of it, nobody in the league has it)

I don't think United have played a game this season in a game week where City dropped points...after City.

I don't think that is what's most important in a title race myself. It is important for sure, but I think what's more important is not dropping points 2/3 games in a row or perhaps in 3 games out of 5. Points will be dropped, that's inevitable, it's getting over that and getting back to winning ways immediately which IMO is the real test of character.

yella

My thoughts and prayers are with you Mastadon. I hope he gets better soon.

As someone else said, please continue to update us.

Lakitu

st5fu
I used the BBC football predictor thing before. I was on the last game of the season and the top two were Man Utd with 88 points and Man City with 85 points. Then something took over me as I put Man City to win and Man Utd to lose away against Sunderland. That would be glorious.

Slizz

Hope baby Mastadon is alright. My brothers friend just had something similar happen and every turned out OK, hope the same will be said for you.

gate777

OT5....Nice

Second half of the season begins soon. Sooooo bored without football. Here's a picture of a rocking Karaiskaki, Olympiakos-Panathinaikos a few years back. Best atmosphere you'll find in a sporting event.

uIQCk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom