• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 2011/12 |OT2| Everyone plays for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Labadal said:
Wait, so Dortmund wins the German League but are in pot#4. Why? It makes no sense

In other news (sorry if old), there are rumors that there will be a Serie A strike.

Because the seedings are drawn from how each club has performed in Europe over the last few years. It has nothing to do with domestic achievements.

That is why Man City are in pot 3 because they have made a few average runs in the Europa league and so have a few points (coefficient) towards their seeding.

Edit - Beaten.

Facism

going to be a tragic comedy watching Trabzon in the group stage, seeing as they initially failed to make it there through the qualifying stages.

Fady K

More on the Modric Saga, Harry Redknapp says that if Modric does not play in the Europa League game and next Premier League game, then he will not be allowed to take part in the Euro 2012 Croatia qualifying games.

Fady K said:
More on the Modric Saga, Harry Redknapp says that if Modric does not play in the Europa League game and next Premier League game, then he will not be allowed to take part in the Euro 2012 Croatia qualifying games.
Wow really. Where have you heard that mate? It sound from that as though he's refusing to play for Spurs, or basically, claiming he's "injured".

Fady K

Vivalaraza said:
Wow really. Where have you heard that mate? It sound from that as though he's refusing to play for Spurs, or basically, claiming he's "injured".

Check it out bro. This is one of many articles stating the same thing:

The Telegraph said:
Redknapp also said he would block Modric's participation in Croatia's Euro 2012 qualifier against Malta next week if he continues to miss Tottenham's matches.
"He is not going to go away and play for his country next week if he doesn't play for Tottenham," Redknapp said.
"Like all players, if they are not fit to play for their clubs they will not be going off on international duty."

He claims that the injury is the reason, but there are many conflicting reports about his "injury", with Redknapp himself stating at more than one point that he did not play against ManU because "his head is not in the right place".

RaGe_pt

Fry8 said:
Great striker. I'd say it's the best on the brazilian league currently.

He scored this goal on the weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2417CQ8lTbM

Yeah I've been watching some of his plays and will be watching his game that started now. Looks like a great promising striker. International is asking 19 million for him. We just made 45 million euros selling Falcao + Ruben to Atletico. Don't know if he's worth that much but I hope so if we are actually making the move to sign him.

Fady K

Other new articles about Modric quote Harry Redknapp fearing that their blocking of Modric's path to Chelsea may make their player "resentful."

RaGe_pt

snoopen said:
I hope Arsenal draw City in the CL group stages and laugh at the money whores when they top the group.

Can't draw teams from the same country

Edit: Wow what a goal from L. Damião!

xintin

Looks like we sold Rajkovic to Hamburg since he was denied a work permit again. He looked promising in preseason, too.

MPW

Harry-Redknapp-and-Joe-Co-005.jpg

santouras

AC Milan supporter here. Pumped for the new season and I'll actually be in Milan to watch the Palermo game, woo!
if the season starts

Harry won't be able to sign a similarly talented player, that's the problem.

I don't know why Levy and Harry didn't let Luka go as soon as he became unsettled. It's not as if he's agitating for a higher contract, he simply does not want to play for them anymore. It's a complete disaster now for both player and club. Do they really think that blocking him from playing with Croatia is going to mend the bridges?

Rikkun

santouras said:
AC Milan supporter here. Pumped for the new season and I'll actually be in Milan to watch the Palermo game, woo!
if the season starts

From what I heard today, it probably won't start.

Too bad, I couldn't wait to see Juventus lose against Udinese.

:(

But I'm happy, this year I'll go to the stadium for the first time in my life (yeah I know...) thanks to the Novara promotion. Novara is as far as San Siro from where I live, but I don't want the first live match of my life to end with Juve losing hard.

Hopefully we'll manage to beat Novara in December.. then I'll be ready for the new stadium :D

Emhemed

xintin

FOX will air Chelsea vs United before the Super Bowl in February. First live over-the-air Premier League game in the US.

They'll also have the first Chelsea/United game, Spurs/Arsenal & Chelsea/Liverpool games on delay before NFL games this season. Pretty smart move to try and capture on the sport's growth in the US recently.

K1LLER7

new thread :p predicting this one lasts 35 days.

harry should just let modric leave and find a replacement. Still suprised the adebayor and diarra deals haven't been done yet.

Ashes

Banned
xintin said:
FOX will air Chelsea vs United before the Super Bowl in February. First live over-the-air Premier League game in the US.They'll also have the first Chelsea/United game, Spurs/Arsenal & Chelsea/Liverpool games on delay before NFL games this season. Pretty smart move to try and capture on the sport's growth in the US recently.

So they never show live premier leagues in the US? I could have sworn they've shown premier league matches live before.
Do you mean free to air or something?

gate777

New thread already :0 This will last until matchday 1 of the Champions League.

I see that calcio was added to the title. For |OT3| please remove the word "soccer"

xintin

Ashes1396 said:
So they never show live premier leagues in the US? I could have sworn they've shown premier league matches live before.
Do you mean free to air or something?
yeah. thought over-the-air and free-to-air meant the same thing hahah

Ashes

Banned
gate777 said:
New thread already :0 This will last until matchday 1 of the Champions League.

I see that calcio was added to the title. For |OT3| please remove the word "soccer"

Why?

xintin said:
yeah. thought over-the-air and free-to-air meant the same thing hahah

Lol!

There are no free to air premier league games here in the uk anymore. So US>England for the moment. Enjoy it, while it lasts!

Polari

Hope we (QPR) sign Barton. Brilliant player, and his Twitter is fucking hilarious:

Its a lovely afternoon here..........its amazing how much a denim jacket and shades make u feel indie!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Ashes1396 said:

He's just another ignorant fool who doesn't know the origin of the word. :p Every time someone says that they never explain why soccer is such a horrible term. Blame the Englishman who shortened the term association football. I don't know why a few posters go out of their way to complain about what the sport is called in a certain place. Trying to act superior?

snoopen said:
I hope Arsenal draw City in the CL group stages and laugh at the money whores when they top the group.

You only post to trash City. You mad bro?

In other news, City's youth development team had a great win this morning. They started off slow and looked shaky at the back with such an inexperienced and youthful team, but they managed to pull together and finish off with a great win. Final score:

Arsenal 2 - Udinese 1.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Regulus Tera said:
Fact: all Mexican teams playing in the Concachampions this year are shite.

MLS, your chance is now.

Can any MLS fans adopt this poor kid from the barrio? He's good at pessimism and self-deprecation. Shit give him a nads jersey and he'll make love to it.

Anyways, Im sure mexican teams got paid to suck cuz either they dont their money's worth or CONCACAF mandated that Mexican teams should lose to give other CONCACAF clubs a chance to rise. OR mexican teams adopted Regulus Tera's malinche ways thus becoming bipolar dickwads when it came to win CCL games.

elsk

Banned
Talking about ConcaChampions... Mario Martínez (Real España, Honduras) is an amazing player. He's a winger, and playmaker, the kind of player you don't usually see in CONCACAF.

Kermit The Dog said:

In other news, City's youth development team had a great win this morning. They started off slow and looked shaky at the back with such an inexperienced and youthful team, but they managed to pull together and finish off with a great win. Final score:

Arsenal 2 - Udinese 1.

Fatboy_reacts.gif

Dem's fightin' words.

Emhemed

Kermit The Dog said:

Arsenal 2 - Udinese 1.

lol

Kermit The Dog said:

Arsenal 2 - Udinese 1.
:lol Kermit in fine form!

K1LLER7

Kermit The Dog said:

Arsenal 2 - Udinese 1.
lol thats harsh ;)

speaking of youth, at the age of 8, Danny welbeck first trialled at city who rejected him, and since then he's been at united.

ty_hot

RaGe_pt said:
Yeah I've been watching some of his plays and will be watching his game that started now. Looks like a great promising striker. International is asking 19 million for him. We just made 45 million euros selling Falcao + Ruben to Atletico. Don't know if he's worth that much but I hope so if we are actually making the move to sign him.

Weel, if you watched the game he probably got you already.

He is one of the best strikers in here nowadays, fast, talented and young.

and talking about brazilian strikers, Neymar, that became a dad today did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgA8xY8DX9U

Just, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom